BUCA

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BUCA in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview. My employer asked about my past employers and experiences. She also asked how I would handle certain situations at Buca. I gave her my availability and answered all her questions. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy that I wasn't nervous or feel intimidated.

Interview Question – How would you handle getting double sat, having a table checking out, and a table needing dessert?   Answer Question

Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BUCA in October 2011.

Interview Details – Saw an ad on Craigslist and was asked to come in at a certain day/time. I was in line with five other people to interview. Met with one of the managers and they just got to know me. They called me back for another interview. Again, there were multiple people there waiting. Talked to another manager who had a list of crazy questions while she was writing down my answers.

Interview Question – She picked up a lemon and asked me to "sell it to her" while she judged.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BUCA in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very satisfied with how I was treated throughout the interview

Interview Question – What are you future expectations with the company?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BUCA in May 2009.

Interview Details – they looked over my resume and I Knew the CEO's admin and u was qualified

Negotiation Details – there really wasnt one..

Frisco, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at BUCA in October 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in to apply. After filling out my application, I asked to speak with a manager while handing them the papers. They had no problem since it was a downtime in the restaurant. This is pretty typical of restaurant behavior so far. When the manager came, I answered questions about stress behavior, scheduling needs, income needs, and team-oriented work. I answered them all well and the manager told me to wait while she went to get the General Manager. He sat down and said, "First off, you got the job! But, why are you leaving your other job? Are you going to school?" That was pretty much it.

Interview Question – Why I'm leaving my other job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. All servers get basically the same option. Minimum waiter wages ($2.13-$9 per hour, depending on the state), no breaks, and the number of hours you deserve based on work performance and attitude.

Very Easy Interview

Dishwashet Interview

Dishwashet

The process took a day - interviewed at BUCA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Easy peesy lemon squeezy

Interview Question – Why do you want the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Get paid minimum wage no matter what

Assistant Chef Interview

Assistant Chef

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BUCA in August 2009.

Interview Details – received a phone call from a corporate recruiter. he had found my resume in a leftover pile of resumes from a job fair several months prior. i had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and was told i would receive a phone call in a couple days with a date for a interactive/working interview with the chef partner. received that call the next day. worked for 3 hours behind the line on a thursday night. spoke with recruiter several days later setting me up with the district manager. met with the district manager and was not offered a position with the company

Interview Question – have you ever eaten in our restaurant?   Answer Question

Worked for BUCA? Contribute to the Community!