BUCA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at BUCA

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BUCA.

Interview

Got a call offering a hostess position, I was okay with that so I went in a few days later. Got a call two days after offering me the position and setting up a day for orientation. They fed us spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parm at the orientation which was unique.

Interview Questions

• Asked about former jobs availability why is the hostess' job important to the company   Answer Question

Serer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BUCA (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Buca and received a phone call in less than 24 hours. The woman on the other end of the line seemed very excited to meet me, and asked if I could come in for an interview the following day. I agreed. When I met her the next day, she seemed enthusiastic about my resume. We discussed desired shifts and availability. At this point, I thought I had the job. She left to go run my background check (which is clean) and sent another manager in the speak with me. At that time, the interview went south. He was very impersonal. It seemed he did not want to be there at all. He asked me the same questions as the other lady, but treated me like an idiot. When I asked how long the background check would take, he responded with, "a few minutes to a couple hours. Do you know how to get out of here?" Just like that the interview was over. I left feeling very confused. It has been almost a week and I have not received a phone call. Not even to tell me they decided to go with someone else. I find this very unprofessional and rude. Honestly, I am a little relieved. Who want to work in an environment where they are treated in such a manner? No thanks!

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be willing to work holidays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BUCA (Honolulu, HI) in September 2013.

Interview

Three-tiered interview process starting from an assistant manager to the assistant general manager, and then finally to the general manager. Depending on how well the first interview goes, the second interview might be unnecessary. By the third interview, the process is mostly paperwork and serves as a final green light for the GM to get an impression of the incoming employee.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions regarding work-experience, availability, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview was very laid-back and the interviewer was open to any questions during the post-interview. Healthcare and pay are both set and non-negotiable.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BUCA (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Super simple. Interview took place at the bar. Told me a restaurant was a perfect place to work for it being my first job. They were not hiring at the time, but told me I did well and they would need more employees once summer started. Asked about past experience and wanted to know if I'd be willing to do delivery since I was over 21 years old and had a valid license.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BUCA (Frisco, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in to apply. After filling out my application, I asked to speak with a manager while handing them the papers. They had no problem since it was a downtime in the restaurant. This is pretty typical of restaurant behavior so far. When the manager came, I answered questions about stress behavior, scheduling needs, income needs, and team-oriented work. I answered them all well and the manager told me to wait while she went to get the General Manager. He sat down and said, "First off, you got the job! But, why are you leaving your other job? Are you going to school?" That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why I'm leaving my other job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. All servers get basically the same option. Minimum waiter wages ($2.13-$9 per hour, depending on the state), no breaks, and the number of hours you deserve based on work performance and attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BUCA (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Saw an ad on Craigslist and was asked to come in at a certain day/time. I was in line with five other people to interview. Met with one of the managers and they just got to know me. They called me back for another interview. Again, there were multiple people there waiting. Talked to another manager who had a list of crazy questions while she was writing down my answers.

Interview Questions

• She picked up a lemon and asked me to "sell it to her" while she judged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BUCA (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had one interview. My employer asked about my past employers and experiences. She also asked how I would handle certain situations at Buca. I gave her my availability and answered all her questions. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was happy that I wasn't nervous or feel intimidated.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting double sat, having a table checking out, and a table needing dessert?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BUCA (Sacramento, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very satisfied with how I was treated throughout the interview

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BUCA (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2009.

Interview

they looked over my resume and I Knew the CEO's admin and u was qualified

Negotiation

there really wasnt one..

Dishwashet Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BUCA in May 2011.

Interview

Easy peesy lemon squeezy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get paid minimum wage no matter what