BYU Idaho

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

1.7

Hazmat Safety Technician Interview

I was asked to come in and visit with the Safety Officer. He asked me some questions about myself and my education. My major was in line with the position, and I demonstrated good interpersonal skills. It was a very easy interview.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BYU Idaho.

I sent in my application because the advisors told me to. They were looking for someone with a lot of experience in the program (Which I have 2+years). They interviewed me and hired me within a week

Interview Questions
    • Just explain your experiences in the competitive sports program   Answer Question
    I accepted and have held the position for 2 semesters

Food Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BYU Idaho.

I knew someone who worked there and they said they could get me a job. I walked in with the person I new and asked if any positions were open. They looked at their list and found a place for me. Now there is usually a waiting list and will work down the list. First come first serve.

none

Lead Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BYU Idaho.

There basically was none. I asked for the job and they gave it to me. It's grounds crew, you're mowing lawns, so its not the most professional atmosphere.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied in-person – interviewed at BYU Idaho in April 2013.

You are expected to fill out a 1 page questions on what classes you took and the grades you achieved and after the paper is processed you will be scheduled for an interview. If you are called for an interview, know that you are 95% hired.

Interview Questions
    • what sets you different from other people who apply for this Job?   View Answer
    I was allowed to work for many more semesters in the school.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BYU Idaho.

Interview with department members as a whole
    Interviews with administrators separately
    Interview with an LDS general authority
    Teach a class session

Interview Questions
    • What are the best and worst decisions you've made in the past year?   Answer Question
    I was satisfied with the offer and accepted.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BYU Idaho in March 2012.

I received an email with the job description from a professor at the time. I Interviewed for the job and got a call shortly later that I they wanted me to come back in. I had a walk through of the office where I was going to be working, what I would be doing, they took me out to lunch and I started about a day or two later.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BYU Idaho in September 2011.

I was asked how many photo classes I had taken and what grades I had received in those classes. Also how are some ways you could be help new students or Students having a difficult time learning. How long could I hold the job for as a student? Long term or short term? Basically they want someone who can stay for more than 3 semesters.

Interview Questions
    • Can you teach others how to manage their Lightroom Catalog?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BYU Idaho in July 2010.

Must be a good standing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Dress code and grooming code acceptance. People work here for the more than the salary because that is lower than normal. Job requires little travel and is very accomodating to family life. Occasional weekend work but very minimal. Look your best and have a Big testimony of the restored gospel.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult conversation you have had with a previous employer and how did you resolve it? What do you dislike about your current employment? How would you handle a situation where someone's feelings might get hurt based on what you have to say?   View Answer
    Not much at all negotiating. You know exactly what they can offer and they don't go over.

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BYU Idaho in October 2009.

There is not much to it. If you want the job, it's yours as long as you can pass the background check, provide ss card, etc. Other than that there isn't much to type, but this thing says that I have to have fifty words minimum, so here you go.