Babcock International

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.2

Finance Grad Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Babcock International.

Firstly had to complete online application and motivational questions then progressed to psychometric tests. These were a numerical and verbal reasoning test. Then got contacted to attend an assessment centre which consisted of the regular activities; presentation, group work, interview. The day was testing but also enjoyable and allowed an insight into the company and the people who work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you participated in a technical project and what was your approach?   Answer Question

Major Bids & Business Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Babcock International.

After initial online capture form, I was invited to a graduate assessment centre where our group were tested on group work, communication skills and written report writing. Interviews were in the form of 'speed-dating' questions with 8 questions inc. competency and skill questions/exercises

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is important about Babcock's commercial goals?   Answer Question

Safety Case Engineer (Author) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helensburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helensburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Babcock International in June 2013.

Single interview including a 10 minute presentation (how we remain alarp on an ageing facility)

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of ageing facilities is of most concern (not looking for an objective answer, but an actual discipline)   Answer Question
    Very brief as it ties in with the standard pay grades

Technical Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosyth, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosyth, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Babcock International in September 2011.

Applied vie email, sending my CV to contact in HR department.
    Week or so later was invited to group interview day. This was a full day event in which myself and 5 other candidates attended to take part in various tasks such as building a bridge from straws and also a comunication task whilst blindfolded. This day also had a simple maths test that is straight forward and only cover basic maths skills.
    A week after this, was invited to individual interview with HR manager and a technical manager.
    Was then offered job within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something you have learnt in the last year that has changed you as a person?   Answer Question

Communications Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Babcock International in March 2011.

2 managers interviewing, asked about my background, qualifications etc

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate any extra terms etc