Babies "R" Us

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details – I had to call them after a few weeks because no one called me back, yet they called back a friend of mine who applied a week or two before me. They gave me an interview date over the phone that was about a week after the phone call and the next day they told me I got the job. No drug test was done.

Interview Question – Name a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Starting wage at my PA store was $7.75 which wasn't bad because I only worked $7.25 jobs before.

Interviewed at Babies "R" Us

Interview Details – Group interviews. Don't wear jeans to interview. Stand out and smile. Make sure to be a leader amongst the group of individuals. Be prepared to speak in front of group. Do not be the quiet one of the group.

Interview Question – What would you like to obtain within 5 years and how are you going to do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details – You are called in for group interviews and from there if they like you, you have individual interviews. If you pass both pending back round check you will get the job.

Interview Question – They give you a product and give you around ten minutes to review it and then you have to sell it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They wont negotiate.

Interviewed at Babies "R" Us

Interview Details – Group interview with 3 other candidates. Started off building a toy and selling it, then asked to sell other items from the store. Then we each went to a room to do an individual interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Name 3 adjectives that describe you and why they do.   Answer Question

Baby Registry Consultant Interview

Baby Registry Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2013.

Interview Details – Normally getting an interview is the easy part if they call you when they do there should be about 2 interviews. One is the group interview & the 2nd is individual. They'll have you play a game showing if you can work in a team. Also a separate part asking you about yourself.

Interview Question – What would you say your weakness are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't really negotiate.

Team Member/Cashier Interview

Team Member/Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details – Completed the application and in two days I was called for a group interview I showed up and less than a week later I was offered the job that I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Interview Details – Applied online. There was a group interview followed by an individual interview with HR and the store manager.

Interview Question – Pick a toy and come up with a possible television commercial with the other people in the group interview in only a few minutes. Then present commercial to interviewers.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in July 2010.

Interview Details – We were required to do sales skits with other interviewees and then had a one-on-one with the interviewer. We had to present a certain product to the group and explain why they should or should not purchase that particular item. We had to do a side-by-side comparison for different products.

Interview Question – What do you expect for pay?   Answer Question

Holland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a group interview with a total of 4 people including myself. There were two employees interviewing us. We first were broken up into teams to put together a block puzzle.We were asked about our best and worst shopping experience. Next we were given a total of 5-7 minutes to know about two different products and had to pitch sell them both to the other group interviewees. We also had to incorporate their two credit cards into our pitch.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy but pitching two products I had just learned about while trying to incorporate their credit card polices was most difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member
Oxnard, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in June 2013.

Interview Details – This was the worst interview I have ever been to. It started off with 3 of us potential employees then one by one we went into the office with the manager, human resource lady and department manager. There was a lot of silence in the room and the manager didn't even look up at me or give me any eye contact the whole time. I said I was reliable, trustworthy and a hard worker and the HR lady shrugged her shoulders and said she hates that when people say that. She made me feel really small and I actually cried when I got home. Needless to say I didn't get the job but I wasn't gonna take it anyway after the way she treated me.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at Babies R Us?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Babies "R" Us

Worked for Babies "R" Us? Contribute to the Community!