Babies "R" Us

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.3

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Simple group interview..basic questions. Tested for team skills. Had to get a item off the sales floor and sell it to the interviewers. After the group interview we branched off into single interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if there is a spill on the floor a customer wants help and you are being called to your register all the same time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in December 2014.

For the interview, you are in a group interview, with about 4 people total. It is very fun, you do an introduction to get to know each other, and two group activities. After the group activities you all meet with the managers individually.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straightforward. They were not difficult at all.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us.

To long and what they told me didnt match what happened. It was 4 phone interviews. They all told me the store was broken. Ifelt confident about this company until I walked in the door.

there wasnt one.

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Group Interview with HR and Manager was taken to the break room asked to work as a team to build a toy out of legos and describe/sell the toy to the manager. We had to individually choose a product to sell to the manager who pretended to be going to a baby shower and was unsure of what to buy. We had to share what our favorite childhood toy was and charade our favorite cartoon character. Then we were individually interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions such as what was the hardest thing you had to overcome how did you overcome it, how do you handle a demanding boss, rank a situation in order of importance, why do you think you'd be a good fit for the comapany   View Answer
    No negotiation

Overnight Stock Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Babies "R" Us in October 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call about a group interview a couple days later. At the start eight of us sat in a room and introduced their selves which included your name and why you wanted the job. After that they asked everyone to name one toy they played with as a kid then they gave out papers so sign and we left the room waiting to be called back for 1 on 1 interview. Interview included them asking basic requirements of the job and some average interview questions. The manager just read all the questions off a sheet of paper didn't seem like he really cared on the answer. Afterwords they said they would call in 2-3 days but didn't hear back until the next week and it was by email not phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions. "What was a difficult situation you encounter in your last job and how did you handle it"   Answer Question

Team Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Babies "R" Us in September 2014.

The questions were simple, it was very fast and easy. Everyone was very friendly and hr even I introduced me to every worker we passed while going to the i interview room.

Interview Questions

I declined because I was moving.

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I had to call them after a few weeks because no one called me back, yet they called back a friend of mine who applied a week or two before me. They gave me an interview date over the phone that was about a week after the phone call and the next day they told me I got the job. No drug test was done.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Starting wage at my PA store was $7.75 which wasn't bad because I only worked $7.25 jobs before.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interviews. Don't wear jeans to interview. Stand out and smile. Make sure to be a leader amongst the group of individuals. Be prepared to speak in front of group. Do not be the quiet one of the group.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to obtain within 5 years and how are you going to do it?   Answer Question
    None

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Babies "R" Us.

You are called in for group interviews and from there if they like you, you have individual interviews. If you pass both pending back round check you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a product and give you around ten minutes to review it and then you have to sell it.   Answer Question
    They wont negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 3 other candidates. Started off building a toy and selling it, then asked to sell other items from the store. Then we each went to a room to do an individual interview with the manager.