Babies "R" Us Interview Questions

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranston, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in June 2013.

I applied online, and heard back within a few days for an interview. It ended up being a group interview, with about 4 or 5 other candidates. We basically just had to talk about ourselves, our past work experience, and our skills. I was only available for the summer, so unfortunately I was not offered a job, but it was a pretty simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out there - all just straight to the point.   Answer Question

Front End Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

I had to call them after a few weeks because no one called me back, yet they called back a friend of mine who applied a week or two before me. They gave me an interview date over the phone that was about a week after the phone call and the next day they told me I got the job. No drug test was done.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Starting wage at my PA store was $7.75 which wasn't bad because I only worked $7.25 jobs before.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interviews. Don't wear jeans to interview. Stand out and smile. Make sure to be a leader amongst the group of individuals. Be prepared to speak in front of group. Do not be the quiet one of the group.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to obtain within 5 years and how are you going to do it?   Answer Question
    None

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

You are called in for group interviews and from there if they like you, you have individual interviews. If you pass both pending back round check you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a product and give you around ten minutes to review it and then you have to sell it.   Answer Question
    They wont negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 3 other candidates. Started off building a toy and selling it, then asked to sell other items from the store. Then we each went to a room to do an individual interview with the manager.

Baby Registry Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2013.

Normally getting an interview is the easy part if they call you when they do there should be about 2 interviews. One is the group interview & the 2nd is individual. They'll have you play a game showing if you can work in a team. Also a separate part asking you about yourself.

Interview Questions
    They don't really negotiate.

Team Member/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Completed the application and in two days I was called for a group interview I showed up and less than a week later I was offered the job that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Babies "R" Us.

Applied online. There was a group interview followed by an individual interview with HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pick a toy and come up with a possible television commercial with the other people in the group interview in only a few minutes. Then present commercial to interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in July 2010.

We were required to do sales skits with other interviewees and then had a one-on-one with the interviewer. We had to present a certain product to the group and explain why they should or should not purchase that particular item. We had to do a side-by-side comparison for different products.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Babies "R" Us in January 2014.

It was a group interview with a total of 4 people including myself. There were two employees interviewing us. We first were broken up into teams to put together a block puzzle.We were asked about our best and worst shopping experience. Next we were given a total of 5-7 minutes to know about two different products and had to pitch sell them both to the other group interviewees. We also had to incorporate their two credit cards into our pitch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty easy but pitching two products I had just learned about while trying to incorporate their credit card polices was most difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Babies "R" Us? Contribute to the Community!