Babson College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Babson College.

Interview

I was called in for a first round interview and met with 2 managers, one of which being the person that would be my direct supervisor. It took a couple of weeks, but I followed up and was then called back for a second interview. The second time, I met with about half of the office, and spent almost a full day on site. I met with a few individuals at a time, and finished by meeting the director of the office. Thankfully, everyone was very welcoming and did not allow me to feel intimidated by their group size!

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult, but a bit repetitive. Most were "how can your past experiences help you in this position?" but rephrased.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my salary.

Project Coordinator, IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with HR rep and hiring manager. Was brought in for an in person interview with same two people 2 weeks later. Hiring manager didn't show up that day so I had to come in 2 weeks later again to meet with him and his boss. His boss didn't show up this time so I had to come in a MONTH later to meet with him. (I am not making this up, this is how it really happened). With the 4 rounds of interviews done, then the waiting process began. I waited 5 weeks with no word whatsoever and no response from multiple emails to the HR rep. After finally getting a hold of her, she said the process got held up and they are still completing interviews. It has now been almost 4 months overall and the process is still ongoing. Needless to say I would never want to work there now after what I went through.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions... explain your background, why are you a good fit for this role, where do you see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Horn Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Interview

Going into the interview the first question was about time management and how I was good at it. After clearing that I was asked to describe a time when I was in a high stress environment with work piling on and how I coped with it. Since it was a outward facing job I had to talk about my customer service experience too.

Level I Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Babson College.

Interview

Very easy- recommendation from a current employee. Single interview after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer who is being charged for the loss of their laptop?   Answer Question

Education Abroad Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is through the HR website. After their initial screening, the hiring supervisor selects candidates for phone interviews. An HR representative and the supervisor do the call jointly. A second round of interviews are done in person. The candidate meets with the HR representative, the supervisor and lateral potential colleagues for 30 minutes each. Background checks happen after offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your first month in the position would look like.   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, MA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Babson College (Easton, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. Short questions regarding previous admissions experience and heavy focus on "why Babson". Good impression of office culture.

Interview Questions

• Could you get behind the mission of Babson as a business school?   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Babson College (Wellesley, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I live out of state so I applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. After this interview I waited about two weeks and then was called for a 'final' skype interview which was with a group of 10 people. I then waiting another three weeks before recieving a 'no' via email.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Babson College (Babson Park, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked into the service center and asked if they were hiring. I was given an e-mail to reply to, and the next weekend I had a 1:1 interview with the Labmanager as he was known. From there I met with the next higher up, and interviewed with him, as well as went through a small skills test.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions regarding basic IT support and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

International Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Babson College (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was asked a lot of scenario questions about students abroad and emergencies. I was also asked to share my own experiences living abroad and describe a time I dealt with adversity.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a natural disaster in x country where you had a student working and their parents called you panicked?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Babson Park, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Babson College (Babson Park, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone. I think the main purpose of which was just to discover that I'd done the things I claimed I'd done on my resume.

Drove in, registered my car with campus police, everyone on campus was really nice. Looked like a campus in Massachusetts in Fall. In other words, idyllic. Being there, it's easy to forget there's other countries that aren't as fortunate.

The interview itself was fantastic. Really felt like I knocked it out of the park. Just some guys talking about web solutions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you want to leave your present employer?   1 Answer