Babson College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Education Abroad Advisor Interview

Education Abroad Advisor
Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Babson College in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is through the HR website. After their initial screening, the hiring supervisor selects candidates for phone interviews. An HR representative and the supervisor do the call jointly. A second round of interviews are done in person. The candidate meets with the HR representative, the supervisor and lateral potential colleagues for 30 minutes each. Background checks happen after offer.

Interview Question – Describe what your first month in the position would look like.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator, IT Interview

Project Coordinator, IT
Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Babson College.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with HR rep and hiring manager. Was brought in for an in person interview with same two people 2 weeks later. Hiring manager didn't show up that day so I had to come in 2 weeks later again to meet with him and his boss. His boss didn't show up this time so I had to come in a MONTH later to meet with him. (I am not making this up, this is how it really happened). With the 4 rounds of interviews done, then the waiting process began. I waited 5 weeks with no word whatsoever and no response from multiple emails to the HR rep. After finally getting a hold of her, she said the process got held up and they are still completing interviews. It has now been almost 4 months overall and the process is still ongoing. Needless to say I would never want to work there now after what I went through.

Interview Question – basic interview questions... explain your background, why are you a good fit for this role, where do you see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question

Horn Library Assistant Interview

Horn Library Assistant

Interviewed at Babson College

Interview Details – Going into the interview the first question was about time management and how I was good at it. After clearing that I was asked to describe a time when I was in a high stress environment with work piling on and how I coped with it. Since it was a outward facing job I had to talk about my customer service experience too.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use Millenium   Answer Question

Level I Technician Interview

Level I Technician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Babson College.

Interview Details – Very easy- recommendation from a current employee. Single interview after that.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer who is being charged for the loss of their laptop?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Babson Park, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Babson College in October 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the service center and asked if they were hiring. I was given an e-mail to reply to, and the next weekend I had a 1:1 interview with the Labmanager as he was known. From there I met with the next higher up, and interviewed with him, as well as went through a small skills test.

Interview Question – Mostly questions regarding basic IT support and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Event Manager
Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Babson College in February 2012.

Interview Details – I live out of state so I applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. After this interview I waited about two weeks and then was called for a 'final' skype interview which was with a group of 10 people. I then waiting another three weeks before recieving a 'no' via email.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you have ever made?   Answer Question

Admissions Interview

Admissions
Easton, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Babson College in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviewer. Short questions regarding previous admissions experience and heavy focus on "why Babson". Good impression of office culture.

Interview Question – Could you get behind the mission of Babson as a business school?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer
Babson Park, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Babson College in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone. I think the main purpose of which was just to discover that I'd done the things I claimed I'd done on my resume.

Drove in, registered my car with campus police, everyone on campus was really nice. Looked like a campus in Massachusetts in Fall. In other words, idyllic. Being there, it's easy to forget there's other countries that aren't as fortunate.

The interview itself was fantastic. Really felt like I knocked it out of the park. Just some guys talking about web solutions.

Interview Question – Tell me about why you want to leave your present employer?   View Answer

Admissions Interview

Admissions
Wellesley, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Babson College in June 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was very fast and efficient. I was interviewed twice- one was one-on-one the other was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to questions about affirmative action if asked by parents?   Answer Question
  • How comfortable are you responding to controversial topics relating to admissions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiation because they gave me the salary I wanted.

Very Easy Interview

Gym Custodian Interview

Gym Custodian
Babson Park, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Babson College in May 2008.

Interview Details – I went in and spoke with the manager in charge of the gym. It was more of a screening to make sure you are competent than an actual interview.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Worked for Babson College? Contribute to the Community!