Baby Trend Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baby Trend

Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baby Trend in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed twice with the company thru introduction via a recruiter. First meeting was with the owner which lasted almost two hours. Questions were generally related to dealing with overseas factories and internal purchasing plus project/sampling management. The owner was up front about their problems. The second interview was with the General Manager with questions more related to purchasing functions. He stressed the importance of been a hardcore negotiator for the position. I could sense he is not an easy guy to deal with. Not a guy that everyone would love to follow. No one called me after that. Something tells me I am over-qualified and over-priced. The General Manager said I was expensive but said "you get what you pay for". Judging from the other reviews on Glassdoor, I suggest a careful consideration.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very specific, all general questions like: Do you have experience dealing with factories in China? How do you keep purchasing cost down?... etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baby Trend (Ontario, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I went in for the Product Manager position, the interview started 20 minutes late as I sat in the 'lobby' waiting for whomever was interviewing me. The purchasing manager and CFO showed up and spoke with me, but couldn't agree on what job I was applying for since I lacked 'graphics experience' which the job did NOT ask for. They decided there was a Sales Coordination job that would be more suitable, but I'd have to come back the next day to speak with the General Manager. The GM spent most of our one hour talking about how easy the job is and why the company is growing. I specifically asked about whether people were happy working there and what the turnover rate was like, he lied outright and said most people were happy (since he's worked there) and that in the last year one person had left for a better opportunity 'which remained to be seen'. I was given an offer that afternoon after my interview, and after I accepted the job, I found out that multiple people had come and gone from the company in the past year.

Interview Questions