BabyCenter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

Email Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

*** They offered me the position, and 4 hours later called back to rescind the offer. *** *** I warn all applicants about this company. I find them horribly unethical & their credibility is completely shot with me, and should be with you as well. *** Phone screening, then in-person 2 1/2 hour interview on site. On site interview was with 4 people; 2 people doing the position, 1 immediate manager, and 1 Director of the department. The first 2 people asked me questions regarding technical parts of the job; html coding, troubleshooting, and SQL statements, and how I would code an html e-mail from scratch.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BabyCenter.

Interview

The process was via a recruiting firm. They introduced me to the company and managed the interview process from beginning to offer to start. The interview process was very smooth and professional. From the first person I spoke with to the members of BabyCenter the questions were focused on what I would bring to the job. They knew what they needed and the questions were based on this. No silly if you had your head stuck in a jar or write a directive on a white board tests. Only issue and this was a major one, the recruiting firm appeared to be new to BabyCenter's hiring process creating an unacceptable delay from the date the offer was made to the date I started.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to online advertising and revenue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was straight forward, the recruiting agency handled this and obtained what I was hoping for.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 1 hour phone screen interview with the hiring manager and one of the iOS Engineers on the team. After that, they brought me onsite to interview numerous people (4 hours scheduled). The interview with their architect was not fun - he was very arrogant and the took a very aggressive attitude toward me, basically trying to make me look bad. I never did meet with the whole team because he gave such negative feedback about me to the hiring manager the last interview was canceled.

Interview Questions

• They asked to me try and solve some technical issue they were currently having.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BabyCenter in January 2014.

Interview

I expected more from a J&J company, but alas, they are like so many other recruiters out there. Terrible! After 2 phone interviews w/their recruiters, I never got any follow up, even after I emailed to see what next steps were. Not even a "thanks but no thanks" type email.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Was connected to the recruiter via an existing employee. Was asked to come in for an introduction/ informal interview. Was asked standard questions about work history, skills and background.

Accountans Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview with two members from BabyCenter. Interview with the facility manager & financial analyst. One hour interview process. Was able to share my personally goals and skills. Very friendly, was not intimidating.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BabyCenter (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Typical interview process. Phone interview, then 2 rounds in person interviews including the CEO