Bacardi USA

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Brand Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bacardi USA.

Interview Details – Unorganized yet the HR manager was very engaging

Interview Question – These were all behavioral STAR based questions   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bacardi USA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Basic Personality interview with the supervisor and members of the team. If you make it past the first few rounds, you will meet with the head of marketing. There didn't seem to be much of a set list of questions which is good, because canned interview questions don't let you really know the person interviewing you

Interview Question – Write a marketing plan for (insert random product). In my case it was for a waterproof pen.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – did not want to relocate

Coral Gables, FL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Bacardi USA in November 2010.

Interview Details – I found the posting on my school's internal job posting site and sent my resume to the recruiter. He promptly wrote back to confirm receipt of my resume. A month later, he emailed me a list of screening questions (salary expectations, exposure to/experience with Brand Management, do I have an MBA, etc.) I sent my answers and received a phone call from him about a week later. He was very friendly and said that one of the other HR employees would be following up with me shortly. She followed up a few days later and organized my entire travel and interview itinerary. She also provided the Case Study that I had to prepare recommendations for and present to one group of my interviewers (I had 2 interviews, each with 2 people).

Bacardi covered all expenses, which was a huge plus, as I've had to foot the bill a couple of times for interviews with other companies. Their new offices are beautiful and their "doorman", George, was extremely nice and friendly. I was observing people as they came into the office - some were talking, but for the most part there really wasn't a lot of chatter between employees. My first interview (in which I presented the Case) was with two Brand Directors. They were both nice and put me at ease, which made me less nervous. My second interview was with a Brand Director and a Region Manager. The Region Manager was cool, but I could tell that this particular Brand Director's personality was probably a bit much. However, the interview went well. The only thing I did not like was at the end of the interview, I had my hand out to receive the Brand Director's card and, instead of handing it to me, he threw it on the table. Not a great way to attract people to your company. But other than that, I enjoyed the entire experience. Aside from the case, all questions were behavioral and marketing-specific (i.e. tell me about a brand you like and why).

I received my rejection letter in the mail about a week after my interview. Although I was not successful with this company, I was actually happy that I had gotten a response back so soon - in a world where getting pigs to fly is easier than getting a response/follow-up from HR, this was a welcomed surprise versus waiting for months on end to hear back to no avail.

To another poster's point, the male/female ratio at Bacardi seems quite disproportionate (with men being the clear majority). As far as diverse ethnic backgrounds are concerned, I saw a lot of people of Hispanic/Latino/Chicano descent, but not a lot of African-Americans. Not a deal breaker for me, but definitely something to note here, especially for those of us who want to work in a diverse environment.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you felt like you were not the smartest person in the room?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bacardi USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Originally contacted via telephone by an HR rep., who briefly described the position and reviewed my resume. Received a follow-up call about a week later from the hiring manager, and underwent a more detailed review of my credentials. Three weeks later, received an invitation to fly to Miami for a series of face to face interviews. Bacardi picked up all expenses. I had two 90 minute long face to face interviews. Each interview was conducted by two different people. The four interviewers had varying job descriptions including brand marketing, field sales, national account sales, and market analytics.

Brand new office building in Coral Gables, which is still under construction. Bacardi moved there this year from their long time home in downtown Miami. Impressive facility. Company is still privately held, and people that work there seem to enjoy what they do.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were out of your depth technically, and how you dealt with it. What were the results.   View Answer

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bacardi USA in November 2009.

Interview Details – Back to back interviews in Miami offices with two managers at a time - very awkward as it was clear only one person in the room was interested in my answers. Questions were all behavioral and from a silly packet that clearly came from HR. "Tell me a time when you had to convince people to see things your way..." or "Give me an example of a failure" were just two of my questions, but there clearly were many, many more for the interviewers to choose from.

Interview Question – What do you think of Miami?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not impressed with the company management and have heard that there isn't much mentoring. Plus, it's very male oriented and I am tired of being the only woman in the room.

Very Easy Interview

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador
New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Bacardi USA in February 2008.

Interview Details – My friend currently worked with the company and I had already previously met the boss before I applied so I was kind of a shoe in. I just needed to wait unril i was of legal age to work and then sumbitted my photo and identification. Thats it.

Interview Question – there was no difficult question   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Bacardi USA in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR phone screen, hireling manager phone interview, onsite with 3 onsite panel (2-person) interviews. Typical mixed bag of behavioral and experiential questions.

Company never followed up with any type of response, offer or otherwise. Multiple follow ups with HR and never a decision. Impression of either an organization in the midst of change or just plain disorganized.

Interview Question – What are some innovative companies?   Answer Question

Worked for Bacardi USA? Contribute to the Community!