Backbase Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase.

Interview

One phone interview with Recruiting, one Skype interview with Global Head of Marketing (based in Amsterdam), three in-person interviews with Sales and the CEO. The process was efficient and transparent. Each executive was friendly but direct. I appreciated their approach and share their excitement for the opportunities ahead. They appreciated my passion for the role and we agreed it was a solid fit.

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 back to back Skype interviews. Said I would speak to the next interviewer hopefully the same day, then they went cold for a day and a half, and then apparently they changed their minds. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Junior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Backbase (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very challenging, but efficient process. I had independent discussions with my future Director, Marketing Manager, and Global Head of Marketing. The meeting with the Director was face-to-face, the Marketing Manager was a Skype meeting, and the discussion with the Global Head of Marketing was via telephone. After these three stages I was invited to present a mock pitch to all three of them; the Director was in the room and the other two were watching my presentation via a video meeting.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding about the product Backbase provides?   Answer Question

Junior Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2015.

Interview

I have applied for the position online. The same day I received an e-mail and a phone call regarding possible Skype interview. After three Skype interviews I was asked to come for a face-to-face meeting. The key of the meeting was to see if I was able to solve the presented problem. The next working day I have been told that I am hired for a position. Therefore the actual hiring process took 5 working days.

Junior Sales Reprecentative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process went pretty quickly. The first and second rounds were interviews through Skype call, by the Recruiter and Marketing Manager respectively. They were really nice and chill but still professional, didn't try to intimidate me or ask obscure questions, and really had genuine interest over my working experience. Overall, the questions asked were pleasantly generic. However, the third round was rather challenging for me. It was a face to face interview by the Global Head Marketing, followed by performing a test. The interview was, again, very nice and relax. After the interview, I was given two exercises. Exercise 1, was to do a role play, making a follow up call to a CEO who had attended a webinar organised by Backbase. Exercise 2, was to write a follow up email. They gave me 15 minutes to prepare myself and also a script with some tips to make a good phone call. But during the phone call I ended up free styling due to the pressure that I felt, given I've never done it before. Although a little bit tough, I found the role play part was very unique and insightful. It was definitely a right means to hire a sales person.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to leave your current employer. 2. What do you know about Backbase. 3. Are you familiar with Salesforce   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2015.

Interview

Via LinkedIn gereageerd, follow up van Backbase was binnen enkele dagen met een uitnodiging voor een gesprek met de Recruitment/HR manager. Daarna met enkele teamleden. Prettige, open sfeer en eerlijke voorstelling van zaken. Ongeveer een week later 2e ronde met een case en terugkoppeling van de PPA persoonlijkheidsvragenlijst. Backbase was zo professioneel om door een niet vlekkeloze uitvoering van de case en PPA heen te kijken en door te gaan vanuit de wil om tot een overeenkomst te komen!

Interview Questions

• Wordt Backbase er beter van door jou in dienst te nemen?   Answer Question

R&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied throw a Job board. I was replied by the company HR personal Skype Interview was schedule several times. but never took place I realized they are not serious and drop my application

Interview Questions

• When can we schedule a skype interview   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first meeting via Skype was a miss on their side but the rest of the process was fast, friendly, open and fair. The final assessment was challenging, not a test but a real life business case with role playing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything except the initial 7 months contract seemed negotiable.

ICT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

Na via LinkedIn te hebben gereageerd werd er meteen contact met mij opgezocht voor een verkennend gesprek. Het was een fijn relaxed ground floor gesprek. De klik zat er meteen in en de uitdaging sprak mij erg aan gezien resource building mijn specialiteit is. Na de 2e gesprek kreeg ik te horen dat BB mij een aanbod wou doen en zo ben ik nu aan boord.

Interview Questions

• Vragen die ik kreeg gingen over mijn persoonlijkheid, functiewerkzaamheden, manier van werken enzv.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Backbase (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email. Went through 3 Skype interviews and was told that I got the job. I was even sent a copy of the contract. After waiting a week or two, I was told that they had to add a few more steps to my screening process. I went on another Skype interview and test which I was not able to complete. This was after I was already told I got the job. Since I didn't finish the test, this caused my offer to be revoked. Generally it was a good experience. The people I spoke with seemed fun and seemed to know and love what they're doing. I just wish I wasn't told that I got the job only to have it be taken away from me. I was already excited about joining the team and I was already making plans as to how to go about the process. I have to say it was an emotional process for me since when I was told that they were happy to offer me the job, I believed it. I even had a friend check the email they sent me just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating. Even my friend thought they offered me the job crystal clear. Only to find out later on that they had doubts. I totally understand them not being sure, but I just wish they didn't tell me that they were offering me the job if they still weren't sure about it. It was like getting a marriage proposal, and having your fiancé take back the engagement ring. The thing with offering jobs to people, it makes the person trust it and start making plans.