Backcountry.com

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Park City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Backcountry.com in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in March of 2014, and after a short screen with the recruiter, I was given a "planning test" via excel and then I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then didn't hear anything for a couple of months, but received an email that there were some changes going on and to sit tight. Around 3 months after my initial application, I was contacted to fly out for a day of interviews. It was then that I found out there had been a recent round of layoffs and the hiring manager I originally spoke with was no longer at the company. The interviews were 1/2 a day and I met with about 9 different people. Everyone was extremely friendly and I was able to ask a lot of questions to get a feel for the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your sport of choice? Not really unexpected or difficult, but they want to make sure you are a good fit culturally.   Answer Question
  • Name a time that you disagreed with your manager. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Backcountry.com in February 2010.

Interview Details – The typical corporate interview. Pretty meaningless if you know the right people you get hired.

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Backcountry.com in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview in December with the dept hiring manager followed by a subsequent interview with the CMO 2 weeks later.....then nothing for a MONTH. Then invited to Park City HQ to interview with 3 different dept heads, each of which were positive and highly favorable of my skills and experience.

Then....nothing for 3 months, still waiting on atleast a letter, email or phone call to have some closure on this. Very unprofessional and shows how inept management likely is in all aspects of the business.

Even if they did call now, I'd decline given the lack of communication and clear lack of regard for potential human resources.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CMO, what are the 2 greatest areas for opportunity in digital marketing in the next 24 months.   Answer Question
  • Excluding product and monetary options, what incentives would you use to motivate the sales staff?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Park City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Backcountry.com in January 2011.

Interview Details – Long interview process. Phone calls and 5 hour onsite interview.

Interview Question – describing past experience (concrete examples) in specific scenario types   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotitate

Worked for Backcountry.com? Contribute to the Community!