Backcountry.com Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Backcountry.com (Park City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was exhausting. I met with multiple people over the course of 3.5 months. The job was eliminated - due to budget issues. Before interviewing candidates - make sure you have the $ to hire someone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Backcountry.com

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Backcountry.com (Park City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online in March of 2014, and after a short screen with the recruiter, I was given a "planning test" via excel and then I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then didn't hear anything for a couple of months, but received an email that there were some changes going on and to sit tight. Around 3 months after my initial application, I was contacted to fly out for a day of interviews. It was then that I found out there had been a recent round of layoffs and the hiring manager I originally spoke with was no longer at the company. The interviews were 1/2 a day and I met with about 9 different people. Everyone was extremely friendly and I was able to ask a lot of questions to get a feel for the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your sport of choice? Not really unexpected or difficult, but they want to make sure you are a good fit culturally.   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you disagreed with your manager. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Backcountry.com (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview in December with the dept hiring manager followed by a subsequent interview with the CMO 2 weeks later.....then nothing for a MONTH. Then invited to Park City HQ to interview with 3 different dept heads, each of which were positive and highly favorable of my skills and experience.

Then....nothing for 3 months, still waiting on atleast a letter, email or phone call to have some closure on this. Very unprofessional and shows how inept management likely is in all aspects of the business.

Even if they did call now, I'd decline given the lack of communication and clear lack of regard for potential human resources.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CMO, what are the 2 greatest areas for opportunity in digital marketing in the next 24 months.   Answer Question
    • Excluding product and monetary options, what incentives would you use to motivate the sales staff?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Backcountry.com (Park City, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Long interview process. Phone calls and 5 hour onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• describing past experience (concrete examples) in specific scenario types   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotitate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Backcountry.com in February 2010.

Interview

The typical corporate interview. Pretty meaningless if you know the right people you get hired.

Negotiation

Quick and easy