Walgreens

www.walgreens.com

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Question

I interviewed in Miami Beach, FL and was asked:
"Background information: I have a BS in Psychology and almost 5 years of work experience in customer service. The difficult question was, "You're so educated/experienced! Why do you want to work here?" The easiest answer is "I don't want to; I need to", but you have to phrase it in such a way as to not come off as being as desperate for work as you may be. If you feel that you're too good for a particular job, try hard to hide it. Pride can be easily misconstrued as arrogance."
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Service Clerk Interview Review - one of 822 Walgreens Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes

"Well, in regards to education, a high school diploma is meaningless while a masters or doctorate are golden. I found out the hard way that we're reaching an age where a Bachelor's (especially in Psychology) has as much use in finding quality work (on its own) as a high school diploma. I'm essentially seeking work with Walgreens until I can become financially stable enough to go back to school to work on my degree."

- Interview Candidate on Sep 1, 2013