Baidu

Updated Oct 29, 2014

3.5

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in April 2013.

Did two rounds of telephone interview. Each contains some basic technical questions about C++, such as virtual table or things like that, algorithm questions like in-order travel of BST, as well as a design question like large scale file system. It's a little bit difficult for me to came with ideas about this kind of questions. So it did not went well for me. Hope it would be better next time.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu.

3 rounds of interview with HR, then line manager, and then skip level manager. I've been asked for some very junior questions and then interviewer start to introduce company culture to me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the successful factor of Sina Weibo ( the twitter clone)   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu in June 2012.

4-5 interviews, including with paper test, group test, 1 on 1 interview with recruiter or staffing manager, and at last with your direct report manager. sometimes, there will be a peer interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in March 2012.

3 one to one interviews in hotel, most coding and algorithms interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baidu in September 2011.

a nice HR directly talk to me , about my intern experience and professional skills,then ask me about some questions,that is easy and relaxable.the second interview is to meet the HRD,talks much more about my life experience and personalities,felt a little stressful and nervous,but still ok.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baidu in July 2011.

- phone interview.
    - IQ and algo questions could be found in the book ChengXuYuanMianShiBaoDian (The Bible for Programmer Interviewing, in Chinese)
    - please be familiar with your resume -- because my resume has some projects relating to the DB testing, questions asked by the interviewer includes "what is indexing", "please explain what is B+ tree", "what are the characteristics of AVL tree"

Interview Questions
    • what are the characteristics of AVL tree   Answer Question
    • please find the number appears twice in an array without using additional storage unit   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baidu in May 2011.

First I applied for a test engineer position online, after several days, the recruiter called me to ask me whether I would change my position to search engineer for business search department (the core department of Baidu.com, most deal with algorithm and other challenge works). Then, about two or three days later, they arranged a on site interview for me.
    While the on-site interview, the interviewer is good (but do not smile at all : -)). He asked me some questions about Java multi-thread problems, DB questions, and some basic algorithm programming questions (write a method to convert a string); final question is about big data problem, the main idea of the question is to search some information through about 10G user action log file.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between HashMap and HashTable   View Answer
    • What is index, and describe the benefit of index; MySQL only has prefix index, so how to build a suffix index for MySQL   View Answer
    • Write a method to convert a given string to opposite order, for example, given "abc", then output should be "cba"   View Answer
    • Given a 10G user action log file, and each each in the log is userID-actionID format, also give you a PC with 4G memory, find a way to search for those userIDs that has at least three action records.   View Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu in January 2011.

first is telephone interview, they would ask a few easy questions. then on-site interview, talking about the job and what this position's responsibility is.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think of what a specialist of human resources should do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baidu in January 2011.

Reivew the basic info, -> , examination -> face-to-face talking -> decision

Interview Questions
    • The basic C struct in high-performance program is the most important. Most of the question come from the book about data structure and algorithm.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in October 2010.

campus recruitment with 1 paper-test and 3-round on-site interview