Baidu

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baidu in March 2012.

Interview Details – 3 one to one interviews in hotel, most coding and algorithms interview.

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baidu in October 2010.

Interview Details – campus recruitment with 1 paper-test and 3-round on-site interview

Interview Question – design a system   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation needed

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview with HR, then line manager, and then skip level manager. I've been asked for some very junior questions and then interviewer start to introduce company culture to me.

Interview Question – What's the successful factor of Sina Weibo ( the twitter clone)   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baidu in January 2011.

Interview Details – Reivew the basic info, -> , examination -> face-to-face talking -> decision

Interview Question – The basic C struct in high-performance program is the most important. Most of the question come from the book about data structure and algorithm.   View Answer

Testing Engineer Interview

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Baidu in July 2011.

Interview Details – - phone interview.
- IQ and algo questions could be found in the book ChengXuYuanMianShiBaoDian (The Bible for Programmer Interviewing, in Chinese)
- please be familiar with your resume -- because my resume has some projects relating to the DB testing, questions asked by the interviewer includes "what is indexing", "please explain what is B+ tree", "what are the characteristics of AVL tree"

Interview Questions

• what are the characteristics of AVL tree   Answer Question
  • please find the number appears twice in an array without using additional storage unit   View Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu in January 2011.

Interview Details – first is telephone interview, they would ask a few easy questions. then on-site interview, talking about the job and what this position's responsibility is.

Interview Question – How do you think of what a specialist of human resources should do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baidu in September 2011.

Interview Details – a nice HR directly talk to me , about my intern experience and professional skills,then ask me about some questions,that is easy and relaxable.the second interview is to meet the HRD,talks much more about my life experience and personalities,felt a little stressful and nervous,but still ok.

Interview Question – show me some work skills   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baidu in May 2011.

Interview Details – First I applied for a test engineer position online, after several days, the recruiter called me to ask me whether I would change my position to search engineer for business search department (the core department of Baidu.com, most deal with algorithm and other challenge works). Then, about two or three days later, they arranged a on site interview for me.
While the on-site interview, the interviewer is good (but do not smile at all : -)). He asked me some questions about Java multi-thread problems, DB questions, and some basic algorithm programming questions (write a method to convert a string); final question is about big data problem, the main idea of the question is to search some information through about 10G user action log file.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between HashMap and HashTable   View Answer
  • What is index, and describe the benefit of index; MySQL only has prefix index, so how to build a suffix index for MySQL   View Answer
  • Write a method to convert a given string to opposite order, for example, given "abc", then output should be "cba"   View Answer
  • Given a 10G user action log file, and each each in the log is userID-actionID format, also give you a PC with 4G memory, find a way to search for those userIDs that has at least three action records.   View Answer

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked me about how to find the big/little endian of your system.

Interview Question – Two sorted array, find their intersection, write exact code   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Baidu in July 2009.

Interview Details – There are four interviews in an afternoon. The first interview asks me some simple technique questions. Very easy. Then the second interviewers ask several pobabilistic problems. One question is estimating the running time of shuffling an array. Then the last interviewer just talks with me about my research experiences. Finally I got the offer at last.

Interview Question – Describe an algorithm to shuffle an array   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Baidu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baidu interview questions and advice in Beijing, Beijing. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baidu employees and interview candidates.