Baidu Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Updated Jun 11, 2014

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu in May 2014.

3 rounds of interview, took a loooooooooong time. The hiring assistant called me 2 weeks after applying the job. Then after 2 rounds of face to face interview, I waited another 2 weeks. Later he called me again for final round. The interview questions are not so easy, a lot of recursion, dp and iq questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some IQ questions, if you haven't seen it before, I bet you won't know the answer.   Answer Question

Internship About Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baidu.

I had one interview through skype several days before.
    This position was about research internship.
    They processed the resumes very quickly, at most two weeks.
    Most questions were about my research experience. Their questions were very detailed, such as your motivation for this work, similar works, your tools to solve the problem, the data scales and so on.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several details about the tools which I used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Intern Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, no on site

Interview Questions
    • question about big data, and one applied question about counting sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
      I failed to answer virtual table related question.
        Answer Question

Time conflict

Operation Engineer Interview

3 interviews is typical. During the first interview, the interviewer wants to see whether the candidate has the wanted tech stack, take Devops for example, Linux administration skilles is a must, shell scripts, network protocols and trouble shooting is also vital. If you have some other programming language experience and read some part of linux kernel, things turn easy.
    IN second interview, some project questions will be asked, for instance, which is the most difficult problem you solved in your project work? or tell me some approaches you used in your project but failed, and why failed? The last interview will be something about your 'soft power', say your disposition, your team work, your career plan or ability to face different people. All the interviews are not so hard for you, come on, young man.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me some approaches you used in your project but failed, and why failed?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu.

they have asked many algorithm questions like linked list, tree, graph, sort and distributed system like hadoop, mapreduce.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Changping, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Changping, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baidu in November 2012.

Two parts:
    1. Project Experiences
    Interviewer asked about the project experience, especially on large scale data. The project experiences were asked in very details.

2. Programming
    Basically the asked questions were from the book of data structure. So if familiar with textbook such as CLRS, the programming related questions should be easy.
    a. Writing merge sort;
    b. Writing regex parser for wild characters.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerate some general rules for large scale data processing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

3 round interview. Ask the knowledge about OOP, Linux Kernel and your projects. The total interviews are easy. Calculate how many ways can reach the point (m,n), you can just go straight or turn right. You can answer it by DP or using the combination formula. Still wait for the result

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu.

3 rounds of interview with HR, then line manager, and then skip level manager. I've been asked for some very junior questions and then interviewer start to introduce company culture to me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the successful factor of Sina Weibo ( the twitter clone)   Answer Question

Worked for Baidu? Contribute to the Community!