Baidu

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.2

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu.

First, they gave you a writing Interview. I remembered that there were 2000 people came for that test. The two days later, you will get call for the Group Interview. In the group interview, there will be 10 people. And the interviewer ask the group one questions, you discussed it about 20 minutes, and then one person presented the answer. During the whole process, the interviewer wont comment anything. They picked 2 out of 10. Then, two round of 1:1 interviews. After that, it was the senior manager interview. This one actually decide which team you are going.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu in May 2014.

3 rounds of interview, took a loooooooooong time. The hiring assistant called me 2 weeks after applying the job. Then after 2 rounds of face to face interview, I waited another 2 weeks. Later he called me again for final round. The interview questions are not so easy, a lot of recursion, dp and iq questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some IQ questions, if you haven't seen it before, I bet you won't know the answer.   Answer Question

Internship About Research Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baidu.

I had one interview through skype several days before.
    This position was about research internship.
    They processed the resumes very quickly, at most two weeks.
    Most questions were about my research experience. Their questions were very detailed, such as your motivation for this work, similar works, your tools to solve the problem, the data scales and so on.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several details about the tools which I used.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Intern Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of phone interview, no on site

Interview Questions
    • question about big data, and one applied question about counting sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
      I failed to answer virtual table related question.

Answer Question

Time conflict

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online – interviewed at Baidu.

First of all, briefly introduced myself. Then, the officer asked some technical questions on python. Mainly, the questions are about the object in python. Some of such questions I cannot answer well. After that I asked the officer some questions and then free talked several minutes. That's the whole process.

RD Engineer Interview

I got referred by a senior lab mate. The whole process took about 2 weeks. 2 rounds of phone interview, the interviewers are nice. Basic big data related questions and algorithm questions. For instance, variations of binary search

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in January 2015.

two rounds interviews with two PhD interviewers, one on research basis, ask me about the possible combination to Baidu's work, another is on coding skills. Questions like implementation some classes and add new functions step by step

Interview Questions
    • my PhD research, possible combination to Baidu's work, basic C++ coding skills   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baidu.

The interview process took 4 week. There were 5 round interview. The 1-4 round was tech interview. The last round was HR interview. The tech interview include a lot of question of algorithm, network and language. It is very detailed but not too difficult. The final round is HR interview. They ask some question about your experience of career to judge whether you are appropriate.

Interview Questions
    I do some review about basic knowledge before interview.