Baidu

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baidu in May 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, took a loooooooooong time. The hiring assistant called me 2 weeks after applying the job. Then after 2 rounds of face to face interview, I waited another 2 weeks. Later he called me again for final round. The interview questions are not so easy, a lot of recursion, dp and iq questions.

Interview Question – Some IQ questions, if you haven't seen it before, I bet you won't know the answer.   Answer Question

Internship About Research Interview

Internship About Research

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baidu.

Interview Details – I had one interview through skype several days before.
This position was about research internship.
They processed the resumes very quickly, at most two weeks.
Most questions were about my research experience. Their questions were very detailed, such as your motivation for this work, similar works, your tools to solve the problem, the data scales and so on.

Interview Question – They asked several details about the tools which I used.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Baidu

Interview Details – Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Interview Question – Something about linux   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Intern Software Engineer

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview, no on site

Interview Question – question about big data, and one applied question about counting sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Question – Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
I failed to answer virtual table related question.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Time conflict

Operation Engineer Interview

Operation Engineer

Interviewed at Baidu

Interview Details – 3 interviews is typical. During the first interview, the interviewer wants to see whether the candidate has the wanted tech stack, take Devops for example, Linux administration skilles is a must, shell scripts, network protocols and trouble shooting is also vital. If you have some other programming language experience and read some part of linux kernel, things turn easy.
IN second interview, some project questions will be asked, for instance, which is the most difficult problem you solved in your project work? or tell me some approaches you used in your project but failed, and why failed? The last interview will be something about your 'soft power', say your disposition, your team work, your career plan or ability to face different people. All the interviews are not so hard for you, come on, young man.

Interview Question – Tell me some approaches you used in your project but failed, and why failed?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baidu in March 2012.

Interview Details – 3 one to one interviews in hotel, most coding and algorithms interview.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Changping, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baidu in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two parts:
1. Project Experiences
Interviewer asked about the project experience, especially on large scale data. The project experiences were asked in very details.

2. Programming
Basically the asked questions were from the book of data structure. So if familiar with textbook such as CLRS, the programming related questions should be easy.
a. Writing merge sort;
b. Writing regex parser for wild characters.

Interview Question – Enumerate some general rules for large scale data processing.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Baidu in May 2012.

Interview Details – about 1 hour onsite interview.

Interview Question – Merge the two sorted link list in O(n) time and O(1) space.   Answer Question

Haidian, Beijing (China)

I interviewed at Baidu in August 2012.

Interview Details – asked every detail of my CV and why choose this company, then something about C++ programming and data structure, like what is virtual function and what is map, how to reverse a linked list

Interview Question – If their competitor give me an offer how will I make the choice   Answer Question

Worked for Baidu? Contribute to the Community!