Baidu

Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.4

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Other Interview Reviews for Baidu

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
      I failed to answer virtual table related question.

Answer Question

Time conflict

Software Engineer Interview

First written test, then one, two and three HR technical side, basically algorithms that, data structures, system design, there are some interesting questions, examine your thinking skills and problem-solving skills.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in September 2014.

I apply the position via campus recruitment. I past the test and got the opportunity of interview. The interview took three rounds. And all of them were algorithmic. They also asked a lot of basic question.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me to implement the code which I once used in my paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in April 2013.

Did two rounds of telephone interview. Each contains some basic technical questions about C++, such as virtual table or things like that, algorithm questions like in-order travel of BST, as well as a design question like large scale file system. It's a little bit difficult for me to came with ideas about this kind of questions. So it did not went well for me. Hope it would be better next time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu.

they have asked many algorithm questions like linked list, tree, graph, sort and distributed system like hadoop, mapreduce.

Software Engineer Interview

3 round interview. Ask the knowledge about OOP, Linux Kernel and your projects. The total interviews are easy. Calculate how many ways can reach the point (m,n), you can just go straight or turn right. You can answer it by DP or using the combination formula. Still wait for the result

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haidian, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haidian, Beijing (China)

interviewed at Baidu in August 2012.

asked every detail of my CV and why choose this company, then something about C++ programming and data structure, like what is virtual function and what is map, how to reverse a linked list

Interview Questions
    • If their competitor give me an offer how will I make the choice   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baidu in May 2011.

First I applied for a test engineer position online, after several days, the recruiter called me to ask me whether I would change my position to search engineer for business search department (the core department of Baidu.com, most deal with algorithm and other challenge works). Then, about two or three days later, they arranged a on site interview for me.
    While the on-site interview, the interviewer is good (but do not smile at all : -)). He asked me some questions about Java multi-thread problems, DB questions, and some basic algorithm programming questions (write a method to convert a string); final question is about big data problem, the main idea of the question is to search some information through about 10G user action log file.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between HashMap and HashTable   View Answer
    • What is index, and describe the benefit of index; MySQL only has prefix index, so how to build a suffix index for MySQL   View Answer
    • Write a method to convert a given string to opposite order, for example, given "abc", then output should be "cba"   View Answer
    • Given a 10G user action log file, and each each in the log is userID-actionID format, also give you a PC with 4G memory, find a way to search for those userIDs that has at least three action records.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Baidu in February 2011.

Questions:
    1. Explain static and dynamic variables, functions and how to use them?
    2. What is the virtual memory?
    3. How to use rand function in C to generate a normal distribution?
    4. Do you know Linux kernel?
    5. Explain some of your projects and research.

Interview Questions
    • Could you explain more about the Radial Basis Function? Have you done anything to improve the ANN?   Answer Question