Baidu Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took a writing test and then got an opportunity for interview. There are two round of the interview. Asked some questions about my resume and previous projects. Some question about algorithm. Wrote a small sorting program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baidu

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baidu in March 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online, then had a written test on campus with a lot of classmates. The written test was about basic knowledge about computer science, not very hard. About one to two weeks later, got interviews onsite. There were two technical interviews, plus one hr interview. Each interview lasted one hour. After the hr interview, they said I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not very hard, but needs dynamic programming in one problem.
      I failed to answer virtual table related question.

Answer Question

Time conflict

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baidu (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

First of all, briefly introduced myself. Then, the officer asked some technical questions on python. Mainly, the questions are about the object in python. Some of such questions I cannot answer well. After that I asked the officer some questions and then free talked several minutes. That's the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First written test, then one, two and three HR technical side, basically algorithms that, data structures, system design, there are some interesting questions, examine your thinking skills and problem-solving skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baidu in September 2014.

Interview

I apply the position via campus recruitment. I past the test and got the opportunity of interview. The interview took three rounds. And all of them were algorithmic. They also asked a lot of basic question.

Interview Questions

• They ask me to implement the code which I once used in my paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baidu (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2013.

Interview

Did two rounds of telephone interview. Each contains some basic technical questions about C++, such as virtual table or things like that, algorithm questions like in-order travel of BST, as well as a design question like large scale file system. It's a little bit difficult for me to came with ideas about this kind of questions. So it did not went well for me. Hope it would be better next time.

Interview Questions

• large scale file system design   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baidu.

Interview

they have asked many algorithm questions like linked list, tree, graph, sort and distributed system like hadoop, mapreduce.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 round interview. Ask the knowledge about OOP, Linux Kernel and your projects. The total interviews are easy. Calculate how many ways can reach the point (m,n), you can just go straight or turn right. You can answer it by DP or using the combination formula. Still wait for the result

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haidian, Beijing (China)

Application

interviewed at Baidu (Haidian, Beijing (China)) in August 2012.

Interview

asked every detail of my CV and why choose this company, then something about C++ programming and data structure, like what is virtual function and what is map, how to reverse a linked list

Interview Questions

• If their competitor give me an offer how will I make the choice   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baidu (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2011.

Interview

First I applied for a test engineer position online, after several days, the recruiter called me to ask me whether I would change my position to search engineer for business search department (the core department of Baidu.com, most deal with algorithm and other challenge works). Then, about two or three days later, they arranged a on site interview for me.
    While the on-site interview, the interviewer is good (but do not smile at all : -)). He asked me some questions about Java multi-thread problems, DB questions, and some basic algorithm programming questions (write a method to convert a string); final question is about big data problem, the main idea of the question is to search some information through about 10G user action log file.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between HashMap and HashTable   1 Answer
    • What is index, and describe the benefit of index; MySQL only has prefix index, so how to build a suffix index for MySQL   1 Answer
    • Write a method to convert a given string to opposite order, for example, given "abc", then output should be "cba"   1 Answer
    • Given a 10G user action log file, and each each in the log is userID-actionID format, also give you a PC with 4G memory, find a way to search for those userIDs that has at least three action records.   1 Answer