Baillie Gifford Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

4.7

Graduate IS Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baillie Gifford (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Rejected. Policy of not giving feedback so don't why - . Although BG claim the application process is brief I found it actually took quite a long time and was a little irritated by being asked questions I would have addressed in my covering letter (I hate repeating myself). All a little disappointing really.

Interview Questions

• Asked for cv, cover letter, qualification, and two questions   Answer Question

Interview

Enjoyable first round with an HR manager and a partner. Then a second round with several partners and managers. In first round, mainly about the candidate with focus on degree and uni choice. Then conversation about experience follows. In second round, 2 competency and about urself interviews and 1 technical interview focusing on commercial awareness

Graduate Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baillie Gifford (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

I had completed an internship with the firm but it's an even playing field for the graduate positions - still had to attend a first and second round interview.
    First round is a real back to basics set-up with one HR Manager and one Investment Manager asking questions about you.

Interview Questions

• Spent ages focusing on and wanting to know other places I'd applied to and why.   1 Answer