Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bain Capital
- Executive Assistant (3)
- Summer Analyst - Sankaty Advisers (2)
- Associate (2)
- Junior Portfolio Manager (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Senior Accountant (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- Legal Associate (1)
- Finance Associate (1)
- Human Resources Associate (1)
- Fixed Income (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Sankaty Advisor (1)
3 people found this helpful
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Bain Capital in May 2011.
Case-based interview system. Two interviews in first round, 6 interviews in second round. Each interview is about 30 minutes. All of them are case interviews (e.g., We have a business that does X, Y, Z. How would you grow revenues?) Focus is on whether recommended action would produced suitable ROI - and therefore is it a good action / investment?
- You operate a trucking company that ships supplies between Las Vegas and Los Angles. How would you think about growing revenues? View Answer
- You lease a shreding truck that shreds confidential documents for companies on site. How would you think about expansion opportunities for this business? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Bain Capital
Associate InterviewApplication Details
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day – interviewed at Bain Capital in April 2011.Interview Details
Initial contact made via headhunter, followed by discussion and agreement for application. On the day there were two interviews with VPs, half case study based half personal experience. Focus of the case studies was business problems at current portfolio companies, how to structure and execute business transformation. The interviewrs appeard to use a 4 point scoring mechanism, but not very transparent on how it was applied.
Overall, a very professional experience, the interviewers are both ex strategy consultants and apply a similar selection process as for entry positions into consulting. Very good and insightful discussion based on the case, more advanced to what an entry into a top tier consulting firm would require.
The company headquarters are high class, but it seemed not very busy.
The feedback mechanism was via the headhunter and also direct feedback and advice was given. If successful a second round with directors during a full day meeting would follow.
Advice would be to review case studies ahead of time, I was a bit out of practice sitting on the other side of the table most of the time. Also, good to think through the value drivers for private equity companies.Interview Questions
No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
- How would you decide on the expansion strategy for a food catering company subsidiary in France, considering the competitive environment ... Answer Question