Bain & Company

Updated Dec 6, 2014

3.4

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2014.

Interviewed on campus. The people were all very nice and the cases were not extremely hard. Know the basics. A case about a wood mat company whose products were used by oil n gas companies due to environmental regulations.

Interview Questions
  • Things to consider to decide whether to invest in a firm.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Analyst Interview

First round interview - two back-to-back 30-45 min interviews, mixture of cases and fit in each. Market sizing question and a market entry question. Interviewers were nice and professional. Fit portions only consisted of discussing 3 work experiences from my resume. They take a day to tell you whether you got through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • How many years will it take the ham manufacturer to cover his fixed costs if he expands to this new market?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Recruited through school, first round and second round in 2 days back to back. Open ended cases in the 2nd round.

Analyst Interview

I had two 1:1 interviews with professionals. They were very sweet and professional. Two interviews were all about case interviews with no behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in September 2009.

I was selected through my university's campus recruiting website. It is very important to apply both through their website and on your university's site. It was at a hotel near campus and I arrived on time. When I got there I had 2 consecutive 45 minute case interviews. They were not particularly difficult but I think it became apparent that I hadn't practiced enough. I found out that night I was not invited back.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the frozen banana market in NYC?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Firstly a CV shortlisiting process on campus. For all the shortlisted candidates, there is a written test(graphs etc.) and a guesstimate. Questions like estimate the no of flights over delhi airport at a given time

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of tennis balls sold in india.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Applied as part of the campus recruitment process for the position of Analyst at Bain Capability Centre, an off-shore group that provides support to Bain's worldwide offices.

The Pre-Placement Talk was followed by a CV based shortlist. The selected candidates were then called for a written test at the main office, followed by two rounds of case-based interviews (each round had typically 2-3 interviews).

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the size of the crocin industry in India in 2020.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company in July 2014.

3 Rounds of interviews
    including Group discussion
    GD Questions -
    Red Vs Blue
    football in India
    expedition to mars

Why Do you want to join over other firms ?
    Future plans
    Porter 5 forces Model
    factors related to Setup a BMW factory

Interview Questions
    • Railway Charges From Montreal to Ontario..
      Revenue of a skating lounge
      Revenue of toll gateway

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied on-campus for the post of an analyst. The process involved screening of resume and cover letter, followed by various rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Elimination on the basis of resumes and cover letters. 30 short-listed out of 240 applicants. This was followed by a case-study workshop for the short-listed candidates.
    Round 2: Written round: Critical reasoning and logical flow related questions. Non Eliminative round
    Round 3: 1 or 2 interviews on revenue estimation, market sizing questions, along with a few resume related and HR questions. This was followed by elimination of majority of students. 6 short-listed out of 30.
    Round 4: Case interview on market entry, profit levels, business turn-around situations. This can be followed by additional HR or Case interviews for one or more candidates. Job offers were extended to 4 candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the case situations presented to certain candidates involved hypothetical situations and extensive number crunching.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

the process was well structured and spread over 12 days. it was campus placement which began with resume and cover letter shortlisting.(22 selected out of 190) .next there was a written round non-eliminative,1 round of guesstimates (6 out of 22) and finally a case interview(2 out of 6).

Interview Questions
    • Why do u want to join bain inspite of a good technical background?   Answer Question