Bain & Company Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

First round interview - two back-to-back 30-45 min interviews, mixture of cases and fit in each. Market sizing question and a market entry question. Interviewers were nice and professional. Fit portions only consisted of discussing 3 work experiences from my resume. They take a day to tell you whether you got through to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • How many years will it take the ham manufacturer to cover his fixed costs if he expands to this new market?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Recruited through school, first round and second round in 2 days back to back. Open ended cases in the 2nd round.

Analyst Interview

I had two 1:1 interviews with professionals. They were very sweet and professional. Two interviews were all about case interviews with no behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2009.

I was selected through my university's campus recruiting website. It is very important to apply both through their website and on your university's site. It was at a hotel near campus and I arrived on time. When I got there I had 2 consecutive 45 minute case interviews. They were not particularly difficult but I think it became apparent that I hadn't practiced enough. I found out that night I was not invited back.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the frozen banana market in NYC?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied on-campus for the post of an analyst. The process involved screening of resume and cover letter, followed by various rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Elimination on the basis of resumes and cover letters. 30 short-listed out of 240 applicants. This was followed by a case-study workshop for the short-listed candidates.
    Round 2: Written round: Critical reasoning and logical flow related questions. Non Eliminative round
    Round 3: 1 or 2 interviews on revenue estimation, market sizing questions, along with a few resume related and HR questions. This was followed by elimination of majority of students. 6 short-listed out of 30.
    Round 4: Case interview on market entry, profit levels, business turn-around situations. This can be followed by additional HR or Case interviews for one or more candidates. Job offers were extended to 4 candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the case situations presented to certain candidates involved hypothetical situations and extensive number crunching.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

the process was well structured and spread over 12 days. it was campus placement which began with resume and cover letter shortlisting.(22 selected out of 190) .next there was a written round non-eliminative,1 round of guesstimates (6 out of 22) and finally a case interview(2 out of 6).

Interview Questions
    • Why do u want to join bain inspite of a good technical background?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interviewed in New Delhi, India for Bain Capabiity Centre. The first round was a market sizing round.

Interview Questions
    • How many dogs are kept as pets in India   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2009.

Case study question that tested the knowledge of the individual. It was terribly difficult, but requires a lot of thinking. One thing that did surprise me was a brain teaser that was asked near the end of an interview. Also, I had the opportunity to dine with an ex-employee with whom I learned a lot about the firm.
    Overall, the experience was pleasant and not too difficult. Your standard consulting interview.

Interview Questions
    • Should be purchase X department of Y company. Given these sets of data + analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2010.

2 rounds of back to back 30 minute phone interview. The questions were pretty straight forward, but having done minimal prep for case interviews, I don't think I asked the right questions.

Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2009.

Partner/senior consultant interviews, case studies, numeric exam.
    Case studies were not related to the industry in which the role was specialised.
    Brain teasers were also employed as well as case studies.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!