Bain & Company

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – First round interview - two back-to-back 30-45 min interviews, mixture of cases and fit in each. Market sizing question and a market entry question. Interviewers were nice and professional. Fit portions only consisted of discussing 3 work experiences from my resume. They take a day to tell you whether you got through to the next round.

Interview Question – How many years will it take the ham manufacturer to cover his fixed costs if he expands to this new market?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Recruited through school, first round and second round in 2 days back to back. Open ended cases in the 2nd round.

Interview Question – Open ended cases and geometry needed!   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – I had two 1:1 interviews with professionals. They were very sweet and professional. Two interviews were all about case interviews with no behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Please calculate the opportunity cost.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was selected through my university's campus recruiting website. It is very important to apply both through their website and on your university's site. It was at a hotel near campus and I arrived on time. When I got there I had 2 consecutive 45 minute case interviews. They were not particularly difficult but I think it became apparent that I hadn't practiced enough. I found out that night I was not invited back.

Interview Question – Estimate the frozen banana market in NYC?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – I applied on-campus for the post of an analyst. The process involved screening of resume and cover letter, followed by various rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Elimination on the basis of resumes and cover letters. 30 short-listed out of 240 applicants. This was followed by a case-study workshop for the short-listed candidates.
Round 2: Written round: Critical reasoning and logical flow related questions. Non Eliminative round
Round 3: 1 or 2 interviews on revenue estimation, market sizing questions, along with a few resume related and HR questions. This was followed by elimination of majority of students. 6 short-listed out of 30.
Round 4: Case interview on market entry, profit levels, business turn-around situations. This can be followed by additional HR or Case interviews for one or more candidates. Job offers were extended to 4 candidates.

Interview Question – Some of the case situations presented to certain candidates involved hypothetical situations and extensive number crunching.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – the process was well structured and spread over 12 days. it was campus placement which began with resume and cover letter shortlisting.(22 selected out of 190) .next there was a written round non-eliminative,1 round of guesstimates (6 out of 22) and finally a case interview(2 out of 6).

Interview Question – Why do u want to join bain inspite of a good technical background?   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Interviewed in New Delhi, India for Bain Capabiity Centre. The first round was a market sizing round.

Interview Question – How many dogs are kept as pets in India   View Answer

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2009.

Interview Details – Case study question that tested the knowledge of the individual. It was terribly difficult, but requires a lot of thinking. One thing that did surprise me was a brain teaser that was asked near the end of an interview. Also, I had the opportunity to dine with an ex-employee with whom I learned a lot about the firm.
Overall, the experience was pleasant and not too difficult. Your standard consulting interview.

Interview Question – Should be purchase X department of Y company. Given these sets of data + analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of back to back 30 minute phone interview. The questions were pretty straight forward, but having done minimal prep for case interviews, I don't think I asked the right questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your most recent internship experience   Answer Question

Analyst

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2009.

Interview Details – Partner/senior consultant interviews, case studies, numeric exam.
Case studies were not related to the industry in which the role was specialised.
Brain teasers were also employed as well as case studies.

Interview Question – Analysis of the aluminium industry in S.Korea   Answer Question

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!