Bain & Company

Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.8

171 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

applied through campus recruiting. they give a great presentation and sell you on their great culture right away. However it is clear in the first round interview you are judged much more on your case performance than behavioral. I have been told by peers who made it to the second round that there is a much more extensive behavioral component to the interview then, but i would suggest focusing heavily on case prep if you do make it to the first round.

Interview Questions
  • How many hot dogs are sold at NFL football games in a given year.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

2 case interview in the first round, 45 minutes each. Cases were not very difficult, some calculation, both were about some basic financial maths. First a brief self-introduction and then case. The whole process was very conversational and interviewers were friendly. The cases were printed on some paper so you need to somehow read the case which is a little bit different from other consulting firms.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting website and was notified of my interview a few days letter. I am not sure how it is at most schools, but at my university (Ivy), the only way to get a consulting interview, especially at a Big 3, is to apply through the school. I had two 20 minute case interviews, the last two minutes of which were dedicated to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Interviewers were really only interested in if I could do the case well, which is standard for many of the top consulting groups.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Day 1 on campus, 2 case/behavioral interviews. Required to fill out office location but when put 50/50 for two cities was told to pick one. Turns out they only have you interview for your highest priority city.

Day 2 (next day when advanced to final rounds) in hotel near campus, 3 case/behavioral interviews.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

On campus recruiting. First round and then final round interview. Both rounds were quite similar except first round had more market sizing. Second round one case had a chart.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult private equity case without much information to work with.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Contacted for an interview after submitting an application via university recruiting. Great interview prep resources online and with a session at their office. First round interview consisted of 2 back-to-back case interviews, no experience questions were asked. One case was a little softer than the other in terms of quant/math questions, but both had those aspects to them.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases had tricky aspects to their quant questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

got the interview invite through on-campus career center. went through the 1st round by nailing two typical cases (no behavioral questions). the 2nd round was in a hotel. the interviewers really tried to throw you off by providing lots of information that were irrelevant to the case - i was tricked. If i knew before hand, i could have done better.

Interview Questions
    • case questions: there was one case the interviewer threw 11-12 exhibits at me and asked for takeaways   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, you end up going through pretty standard case interviews for a consulting firm. People were really really nice and I enjoyed going through the cases with them. They ended up calling back a couple hours later saying that I got the final round, so I'm waiting on that in the next week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What are potential costs associated with building out hospital IT infrastructure?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Recruited through school, they made a very good presentation and ensured that prospective candidates understood the whole process in detail. They held several workshops to prep for the case interviews with associate consultants. Interview of first round consisted of 2 interviews with a case manager and a principal. One case was a new venture and the other was increasing profits in an insurance company

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied after attending the on campus info-session, and received a first round after a week or so. Before the interview, there was a case workshop to help prepare you for the interview. First round consisted of 2 back to back case interviews, 45 minutes each. There were no behavior component for either of my interviews, and the cases were rather typical. The interviewers were very helpful, and I would say that it was a more interviewer led interview (compared to other management consulting firms' interviewee led interview style).