Bain & Company

3.8

157 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2014.

On-campus recruitment with university; after an interview at the career center with 2 30 min cases from senior associate consultants we received an email the next day that we were selected for final round interviews. The final rounds were held in the Back Bay office with two directors giving 60 min cases (with some fit questions).

Interview Questions
  • The business case was confusing in that it involved the transportation and storage of a good (but not the sale or purchase of the good itself) so it was difficult to conceptualize all of the variables   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

3 interviews.
    - 1 english case interview
    - 1 german case interview
    - 1 german case-competency interview

most cases are focused on estimating revenue and cost and making a decision based on that. sticking with a structure and displaying business sense are most important.
    competency bit is very basic, and bain does not put a larger emphasis on that.

Interview Questions
    • how would you estimate revenues and costs for this business?
      motivation for bain compared to bcg/mckinsey
        Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

On campus recruiting. First round and then final round interview. Both rounds were quite similar except first round had more market sizing. Second round one case had a chart.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult private equity case without much information to work with.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Contacted for an interview after submitting an application via university recruiting. Great interview prep resources online and with a session at their office. First round interview consisted of 2 back-to-back case interviews, no experience questions were asked. One case was a little softer than the other in terms of quant/math questions, but both had those aspects to them.

Interview Questions
    • Both cases had tricky aspects to their quant questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

got the interview invite through on-campus career center. went through the 1st round by nailing two typical cases (no behavioral questions). the 2nd round was in a hotel. the interviewers really tried to throw you off by providing lots of information that were irrelevant to the case - i was tricked. If i knew before hand, i could have done better.

Interview Questions
    • case questions: there was one case the interviewer threw 11-12 exhibits at me and asked for takeaways   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Had a first round interview. It consisted of two case interviews- not behavioral at all. The interviewers were very nice and did their best to make the interview seem relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather have $1,000,000 or 1/100 of a cent for every emoji sent in the USA today?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2014.

On-campus recruiting. Bain is renowned for its friendliness, and alumni from the company called in the week before to offer case practice help or any info.

First-round interviews are simple, two back-to-back 30 minutes interview. Basic case studies involving things like product acquisition, mergers, market sizing (although this tends to be just one component of a larger case). Because cases aren't the most difficult, it's important to nail them.

The interviewers were very friendly and were helpful when I stalled - they aren't trying to mess you up and give you wrong answers, so don't be too nervous about that.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, you end up going through pretty standard case interviews for a consulting firm. People were really really nice and I enjoyed going through the cases with them. They ended up calling back a couple hours later saying that I got the final round, so I'm waiting on that in the next week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What are potential costs associated with building out hospital IT infrastructure?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Applied through university by submitting resume and cover letter. Process was easy. I received an interview invitation a few days later and interviewed a week after my initial submission. Two interviews, one with a manager, one with a consultant. We walked through a case for each one. They didn’t ask any behavioral questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Recruited through school, they made a very good presentation and ensured that prospective candidates understood the whole process in detail. They held several workshops to prep for the case interviews with associate consultants. Interview of first round consisted of 2 interviews with a case manager and a principal. One case was a new venture and the other was increasing profits in an insurance company