Bain & Company

Updated Jan 25, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2010.

Focus was on how to value debt investments; namely evaluating the cash flows (ie, coupon payment); discussing effect of external interest rates on the value of the bond (ie, inverse relationship); etc

Interview Questions
  • How would you think about bond investments in distressed companies?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2012.

Hiring consists of four stages: written case and three couples of interviews, both it Russian and English (for Moscow office). It is sometimes a lengthy process, given that it the number of applicants greatly exceeds interview slots (which are conducted on Fridays mainly). Interviews are conducted by consultants themselves, so they have pretty unbiased view on your skill and midset, so the result is fairly just. Feedback is given usually the same day (if positive) or after the weekend (if negative), sometimes longer for more senior interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Business case regarding staff outsourcing process and associated revenue allocation.   View Answer
    Salary is fixed at starting level, nothing to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2011.

Online Application. First and Second Round On-Campus

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Questions
    • Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company.

The first round is a written-case interview. The most challenging thing about it is time pressure. The handout contains about 20+ slides and 5 slides in which we are supposed to write down our solutions. Calculators are not allowed, though there are long figures to divide, add, multiply and subtract.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing on this round is time management.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

I recruited for Bain via UC Berkeley's on campus interview process. The information sessions were valuable in providing information about projects and office culture. The interview felt a little bit rushed as they were interviewing quite a few candidates over a few days. The one difference between the interviw and preparation is that they feed you data and ask you analyze it versus have you extract data via your own logical processes, this made it hard to demonstrate one's own though process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • To explain the desire to be a consultant without being vague   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in May 2014.

I guess this is only valid in Brazil:

First there's a GMAT-like test and then a business case test. Average difficulty, really short time.
    Then there's a group panel (or group dynamics as we call it in Brazil). Just focus on rule #3 (for those of you who been around Victor Cheng's videos).

Between these two first stages there's a cut rate of about 90% of candidates.
    If you're among the remaining 10%, then it's off to the interviews.

First round interviews: Two case interviews with consultants and/or managers.
    Second round interviews: Two case interviews with managers.
    Third round interviews: Two case interviews with partners.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2010.

Basically 1 great interview and 1 bad interview.

Great interview was great, nuff said.

Bad interview: basically, had an impossible interviewer. My recruitment was off-cycle, and this interviewer sounded like they had much more important things to do than to interview a candidate, especially juxtaposed with the previous interviewer. No small talk -- totally fine with me. Answered all my questions with one-word or two-word answers -- would not make conversation. Needless to say, they gave me a ridiculous case which I proceeded to screw up.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in September 2011.

- Two cases with minimal behavioural upfront. Very smart individuals running the cases, with one in particular absolutely drilling me on my logic and assumptions.Came out feeling positive, though unsure of whether I would get a second-round offer

Interview Questions
    • Analyze the growth potential and stability of the truck bolts/screws sector in conjunction with a P/E due diligence case.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2011.

My interview was a first round interview which took place on campus. The interview was separated into two 30 minute interviews with consultants who had been with the company for a few years. There was no fit questions, and very little breaking the ice, basically just sat down and they game me a case. The cases were moderately difficult and the interviewers did a lot of guidance through them. The interviews ended with a time to ask questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • We have two product lines, company revenues are constant, but profits are falling. What is going on and how do we fix it?   Answer Question