Bain & Company

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2012.

Hiring consists of four stages: written case and three couples of interviews, both it Russian and English (for Moscow office). It is sometimes a lengthy process, given that it the number of applicants greatly exceeds interview slots (which are conducted on Fridays mainly). Interviews are conducted by consultants themselves, so they have pretty unbiased view on your skill and midset, so the result is fairly just. Feedback is given usually the same day (if positive) or after the weekend (if negative), sometimes longer for more senior interviewers

Interview Questions
  • Business case regarding staff outsourcing process and associated revenue allocation.   View Answer
Salary is fixed at starting level, nothing to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2010.

Focus was on how to value debt investments; namely evaluating the cash flows (ie, coupon payment); discussing effect of external interest rates on the value of the bond (ie, inverse relationship); etc

Interview Questions
    • How would you think about bond investments in distressed companies?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2011.

Online Application. First and Second Round On-Campus

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

I recruited for Bain via UC Berkeley's on campus interview process. The information sessions were valuable in providing information about projects and office culture. The interview felt a little bit rushed as they were interviewing quite a few candidates over a few days. The one difference between the interviw and preparation is that they feed you data and ask you analyze it versus have you extract data via your own logical processes, this made it hard to demonstrate one's own though process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • To explain the desire to be a consultant without being vague   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in May 2014.

I guess this is only valid in Brazil:

First there's a GMAT-like test and then a business case test. Average difficulty, really short time.
    Then there's a group panel (or group dynamics as we call it in Brazil). Just focus on rule #3 (for those of you who been around Victor Cheng's videos).

Between these two first stages there's a cut rate of about 90% of candidates.
    If you're among the remaining 10%, then it's off to the interviews.

First round interviews: Two case interviews with consultants and/or managers.
    Second round interviews: Two case interviews with managers.
    Third round interviews: Two case interviews with partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2011.

I did a first round interview with Bain. They were very nice and professional. Several consultants contacted me via email and phone calls before I interviewed to answer questions and practice case interviews. The interviews themselves were case interviews along with a behavioral question about my resume. They contacted me a day or two later by phone to let me know the results of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a partner at Bain and talking to a potential client, how would you sell them on Bain?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2010.

Basically 1 great interview and 1 bad interview.

Great interview was great, nuff said.

Bad interview: basically, had an impossible interviewer. My recruitment was off-cycle, and this interviewer sounded like they had much more important things to do than to interview a candidate, especially juxtaposed with the previous interviewer. No small talk -- totally fine with me. Answered all my questions with one-word or two-word answers -- would not make conversation. Needless to say, they gave me a ridiculous case which I proceeded to screw up.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in September 2011.

- Two cases with minimal behavioural upfront. Very smart individuals running the cases, with one in particular absolutely drilling me on my logic and assumptions.Came out feeling positive, though unsure of whether I would get a second-round offer

Interview Questions
    • Analyze the growth potential and stability of the truck bolts/screws sector in conjunction with a P/E due diligence case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2011.

I got the interview through Campus Recruitment. The selection was a 4 step process:

1. CV Submission and Shortlisting: They looked at a balance between academic prowess and extra curricular achievements, the cover letter should reflect the same.

Bain & Co. are extremely helpful throughout the process, they're eager to answer your questions and guide you. They even conducted case workshops and an interview guide.

2. Written Round: Data Interpretation (Reading graphs and assigning tags, etc. Mostly multiple choice) and arrangement of slides in a logical coherent order and writing out an executive summary.

3. 1:1 Interviews: Two interviews of guess estimations. The interviewers were nice, though one seemed kinda mean and disinterested.

4. Final Round: Panel Interview with 6 Senior Analysts, consisting of Case Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions about assumptions or estimations that you make e.g : Are you completely sure this is the right way to calculate xx   View Answers (2)
    • I interned at an advertising agency before, so the interviewer asked me why I didn't want a career in advertising   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Questions
    • Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question