Bain & Company

Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

One Test, then one case interview, then 1st round 2 cases interviews. The HR was very helpful, the interviewers were ok, the working environment seemed gut. The only con would be making us flight 6h in the morning and then wait 3h hours in the office for the round beginn. Good experience overall

Interview Questions
  • Business sense related, lots of graphical information, calculations envolved   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Business Analyst Interview

Very professional interview process from start to finish. Bain is interested in well rounded professionals, deliver within that mold and you should get an interview. Once in the interview you need to be savvy and demonstrate basic business knowledge. Otherwise just be very personable, consulting requires solid social skills after all. I met with the two interviewers and I was sure to follow up with an email.

They think they are very smart over there at Bain, just practice your cases hard and you too might have a shot.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in May 2014.

I guess this is only valid in Brazil:

First there's a GMAT-like test and then a business case test. Average difficulty, really short time.
    Then there's a group panel (or group dynamics as we call it in Brazil). Just focus on rule #3 (for those of you who been around Victor Cheng's videos).

Between these two first stages there's a cut rate of about 90% of candidates.
    If you're among the remaining 10%, then it's off to the interviews.

First round interviews: Two case interviews with consultants and/or managers.
    Second round interviews: Two case interviews with managers.
    Third round interviews: Two case interviews with partners.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

I recruited for Bain via UC Berkeley's on campus interview process. The information sessions were valuable in providing information about projects and office culture. The interview felt a little bit rushed as they were interviewing quite a few candidates over a few days. The one difference between the interviw and preparation is that they feed you data and ask you analyze it versus have you extract data via your own logical processes, this made it hard to demonstrate one's own though process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • To explain the desire to be a consultant without being vague   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company.

The first round is a written-case interview. The most challenging thing about it is time pressure. The handout contains about 20+ slides and 5 slides in which we are supposed to write down our solutions. Calculators are not allowed, though there are long figures to divide, add, multiply and subtract.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing on this round is time management.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Applied through school career center, had first round at school with two case interviews, and three days later got a call to go to the second round, which was one behavioral/background interview and two case interviews

Interview Questions
    • Market-sizing questions that depended not on customers and demand but rather on supply   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2013.

The written case itself was not difficult but it required quite a few calculations when you had to manually sum up ten 6-digit numbers or divide a 6-digit number by a 5-digit one. Calcs or rounding was not allowed. Finally i made a mistake and spent extra 20 min figuring where it came from.

Interview Questions
    • Nice experience and I am the only person to blame for the calc error but I personally dont think that asking for those kinds of manual calculations is a good reflection of person's skills. We have Excel after all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2012.

Hiring consists of four stages: written case and three couples of interviews, both it Russian and English (for Moscow office). It is sometimes a lengthy process, given that it the number of applicants greatly exceeds interview slots (which are conducted on Fridays mainly). Interviews are conducted by consultants themselves, so they have pretty unbiased view on your skill and midset, so the result is fairly just. Feedback is given usually the same day (if positive) or after the weekend (if negative), sometimes longer for more senior interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Business case regarding staff outsourcing process and associated revenue allocation.   View Answer
    Salary is fixed at starting level, nothing to negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Applied through campus recruiting

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Questions
    • Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question