Bain & Company Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2013.

The written case itself was not difficult but it required quite a few calculations when you had to manually sum up ten 6-digit numbers or divide a 6-digit number by a 5-digit one. Calcs or rounding was not allowed. Finally i made a mistake and spent extra 20 min figuring where it came from.

Interview Questions
  • Nice experience and I am the only person to blame for the calc error but I personally dont think that asking for those kinds of manual calculations is a good reflection of person's skills. We have Excel after all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2012.

Hiring consists of four stages: written case and three couples of interviews, both it Russian and English (for Moscow office). It is sometimes a lengthy process, given that it the number of applicants greatly exceeds interview slots (which are conducted on Fridays mainly). Interviews are conducted by consultants themselves, so they have pretty unbiased view on your skill and midset, so the result is fairly just. Feedback is given usually the same day (if positive) or after the weekend (if negative), sometimes longer for more senior interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Business case regarding staff outsourcing process and associated revenue allocation.   View Answer
    Salary is fixed at starting level, nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Questions
    • Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2011.

I got the interview through Campus Recruitment. The selection was a 4 step process:

1. CV Submission and Shortlisting: They looked at a balance between academic prowess and extra curricular achievements, the cover letter should reflect the same.

Bain & Co. are extremely helpful throughout the process, they're eager to answer your questions and guide you. They even conducted case workshops and an interview guide.

2. Written Round: Data Interpretation (Reading graphs and assigning tags, etc. Mostly multiple choice) and arrangement of slides in a logical coherent order and writing out an executive summary.

3. 1:1 Interviews: Two interviews of guess estimations. The interviewers were nice, though one seemed kinda mean and disinterested.

4. Final Round: Panel Interview with 6 Senior Analysts, consisting of Case Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions about assumptions or estimations that you make e.g : Are you completely sure this is the right way to calculate xx   View Answers (2)
    • I interned at an advertising agency before, so the interviewer asked me why I didn't want a career in advertising   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2011.

My interview was a first round interview which took place on campus. The interview was separated into two 30 minute interviews with consultants who had been with the company for a few years. There was no fit questions, and very little breaking the ice, basically just sat down and they game me a case. The cases were moderately difficult and the interviewers did a lot of guidance through them. The interviews ended with a time to ask questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • We have two product lines, company revenues are constant, but profits are falling. What is going on and how do we fix it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in September 2011.

- Two cases with minimal behavioural upfront. Very smart individuals running the cases, with one in particular absolutely drilling me on my logic and assumptions.Came out feeling positive, though unsure of whether I would get a second-round offer

Interview Questions
    • Analyze the growth potential and stability of the truck bolts/screws sector in conjunction with a P/E due diligence case.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2011.

Online Application. First and Second Round On-Campus

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2010.

Basically 1 great interview and 1 bad interview.

Great interview was great, nuff said.

Bad interview: basically, had an impossible interviewer. My recruitment was off-cycle, and this interviewer sounded like they had much more important things to do than to interview a candidate, especially juxtaposed with the previous interviewer. No small talk -- totally fine with me. Answered all my questions with one-word or two-word answers -- would not make conversation. Needless to say, they gave me a ridiculous case which I proceeded to screw up.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2008.

Nice Human Resources, but a bit deceptive about the process and the clarity of the job. Seems like a lot of good people. A lot of focus on completely arbitrary "thought process" questions that make me question the sanity of the firm (how many sheep on an island with a T-Rex kind of questions).

Interview Questions
    • Restructure a restraunt and bar combo to create more revenue.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company in November 2007.

First off I was invited to a workshop session with a group of peers. Here we would go through several case studies and were assessed upon that. A week later there were a larger event, where we met all consultants and were asked more generic questions.

Interview Questions
    • What should it cost to rent Central Park for commercial purposes?   View Answers (2)