Bain & Company

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2013.

Interview Details – first round on campus interview with 2 cases.

Interview Question – an open for non-profit organization   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – applied/did resume submissions, got an 2 on campus interviews, one behavioral another case both 45 minutes long. the case was very standard and the behavioral was too. the interviewer tended to disagree with you and question your opinions during the behavioral to see how you would react.

Interview Question – none, all very standard of consulting interviews   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – People seemed a bit arrogant, but nice enough.

Interview Question – One first round interview was a very vague qualitative case with no answer. The other interview was a pretty straightforward profitability case.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2010.

Interview Details – -One good interview, one mediocre; you have to excel at both parts to land the internship, I'll bet. Nice people, and good overall experience. Would apply for a full-time position here.

Interview Question – Why Bain? Why you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – Went thru 3 processes, which was boring rather than hard. They tried to ask twisted questions, which were miserably silly. The firm seemed nice, though. The questions are widely known on web, so they would be easily accessible.

Interview Question – they seemed to ask twisted questions, which were miserably silly   Answer Question

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Applied for an internship. Second round interview consisted of three case rounds.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you dealt with a conflict (within a team).   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – Great interviewers, great company. Recommended to everyone!

Interview Question – Why you shouldn't be hired by us?   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bain & Company in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, asked generic interview questions and one case question: estimate revenue of a student union.

Interview Question – explain, in chinese, why you want to work for this company. was not expecting to have to speak chinese..   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – first day:
dinner with HR & consultants

second day:
- team case analysis
- 3 interviews (parts on personality parts on cases)
- lunch & feedback

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – Basically, you apply online by sending the usual stuff (CV, motivation letter, grade transcript, etc..) Then I got a call rather quickly asking me for my availability to do an interview. I picked a date (usually they have recruiting days every Monday) and since I was not in Switzerland at the time, they arranged and paid for everything (flight and hotel). For an internship there is only one round with 3 interviews (1 in English, 2 in German). Two were consultants and one was a manager. You always have some questions about the CV, then the case and finally 5mn to ask question about the firm.
The atmosphere is very friendly and they gave me a detailed feedback (only upon request though).

Interview Question – nothing special here, depend on the case. In general, the cases were very easy to grasp.   Answer Question

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!