Bain & Company

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.6

Intern Interview

Two first-round interviews conducted back to back, each 30 minutes. Marginal focus on fit questions - case studies took up the majority of the interview. Interviewers offered few guiding questions and tailored specific questions to match up with my responses.

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2015.

1 half an hour case study focusing on solving a business challenge by asking for information from the interviewer, followed by a 15 minute fit interview, and another 15 min case study.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself, both at home and after coming to college?"
      "Why are you interested in working for Bain?"

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2014.

I applied online through my university's career center. Bain then came to do on campus interviews.
    A spot opened up and I was asked to interview an hour before the slot time. Thus, I did not have any prep time. The interview had two case studies, which I did not practice for. They're website has two examples and the ones in the interview were very similar. If I had more time to practice, I would have been better off.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard. If you can go through a typical business case study, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2013.

first round on campus interview with 2 cases.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

applied/did resume submissions, got an 2 on campus interviews, one behavioral another case both 45 minutes long. the case was very standard and the behavioral was too. the interviewer tended to disagree with you and question your opinions during the behavioral to see how you would react.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2012.

People seemed a bit arrogant, but nice enough.

Interview Questions
    • One first round interview was a very vague qualitative case with no answer. The other interview was a pretty straightforward profitability case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in February 2010.

-One good interview, one mediocre; you have to excel at both parts to land the internship, I'll bet. Nice people, and good overall experience. Would apply for a full-time position here.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

I had 3 round of interviews. The first round was composed of two 1:1 with Associate Consultants, the second one of two 1:1 with Principals and the last one of a face meeting with a partner. Do the math, 5 interviews in total.

Every interview begins with a personal discussion about the candidate's motivation, background and achievements. It usually starts from a basic resume question and the interviewer then picks out a focus point that he wants to discuss.

The second part is always a case question. Most of the time, it is a concise version of an actual situtation that the interviewer worked on.

At the end of each round, I was provided with extensive feedback on my performance and given some advide on how I could improve. The partner case is designed at testing that the candidate took into account the feedback he received from the beginning, and therefore focuses on the flaws of its previous interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge for a consultant? How would you personnally cope with that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in October 2014.

After an easy test, at least for someone who went to an engineering school and has an average english level, there were 3 rounds of 2 interviews.
    All of the interviews started with some chatting and after that, the interviewer applied a business case, usually made by himself based in a project he worked on.
    In the last round, the interviewers were partners from the company and, after a week or so, I got a call from one of them with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying for a Consulting company event though you went to a Civil Engineering school?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

on campus. 2 rounds. first and second. first case studies. second two case studies. in person and written. needs preparation. second round in office i was applying to. many other candidates. very competitive.