Bain & Company

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

applied through campus recruiting. they give a great presentation and sell you on their great culture right away. However it is clear in the first round interview you are judged much more on your case performance than behavioral. I have been told by peers who made it to the second round that there is a much more extensive behavioral component to the interview then, but i would suggest focusing heavily on case prep if you do make it to the first round.

Interview Questions
    • How many hot dogs are sold at NFL football games in a given year.   Answer Question

AssociateConsultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

First round interview at Bain office, both cases aren't that hard, but they are looking for rly structured thoughts and it's very competitive. There are also some behavioral questions, but most of the focus is on the case

Associate Consultant Interview

2 case interview in the first round, 45 minutes each. Cases were not very difficult, some calculation, both were about some basic financial maths. First a brief self-introduction and then case. The whole process was very conversational and interviewers were friendly. The cases were printed on some paper so you need to somehow read the case which is a little bit different from other consulting firms.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting website and was notified of my interview a few days letter. I am not sure how it is at most schools, but at my university (Ivy), the only way to get a consulting interview, especially at a Big 3, is to apply through the school. I had two 20 minute case interviews, the last two minutes of which were dedicated to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Interviewers were really only interested in if I could do the case well, which is standard for many of the top consulting groups.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2015.

On campus recruiting, first round two 30 minutes back to back case interviews with case team leaders, typical Bain style cases with numbers and graphs. The problem statement/ case description was very clear, but the information provided during the analysis process require extra time to comprehend. The key to success is to understand the interviewer's guidance

Interview Questions
    • Two cases with lots of graph and numbers, require quick and accurate calculation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2015.

2 case interviews in the first round - each 45 minutes. Mine was with a partner and a case team leader. They were very tough cases and I felt like I bombed it. Had to be guided - made a calculation error, but I enjoyed the experience and was invited for a second round interview!

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in January 2015.

On Campus recruiting. Need to be very articulate right at the start, on which office and then connect with multiple (3 or more) persons from the office to get onto the closed list. I had 2 back to back case interviews with 2 managers.

Interview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

on campus interview. Got 2 case studies, which were very boring. Both take 45 minutes long. The interviewer will disagree with you and question your opinions during the behavioral to see how you would react.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Day 1 on campus, 2 case/behavioral interviews. Required to fill out office location but when put 50/50 for two cities was told to pick one. Turns out they only have you interview for your highest priority city.

Day 2 (next day when advanced to final rounds) in hotel near campus, 3 case/behavioral interviews.

Help Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2014.

I applied online and received a standard auto-confirmation receipt. I was contacted within a week to schedule a phone interview, which occurred two days later. At the end of the phone interview an in-person interview was scheduled for two days afterward. I went into their Boston office and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist. I then met with 4 members of the Help Desk team in 15-25 minute increments. Each person was very energetic an welcoming, further enforcing the friendly atmosphere of the company. Even the rejection letter I received two days later was very warm and polite. Despite not being offered the position this was a great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a laptop computer that could not connect to the internet and had to diagnose the problem.   Answer Question