Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Received first round interview on campus. Two back to back cases, no graphs/charts, which I had been expecting. One vague case and then one straightforward private equity investment case. If you don't completely crush both cases, you will not get offered a 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Must be able to understand what they're asking for. Nothing stood out as unexpected though.   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview was very standard, had me fill out paper application upon arrival. Interview was extremely short. Went over resume and job description, discussed previous roles. Interviewer asked case hypotheticals. Interview was set up through hiring agency so communication was minimal.

PTA Interview

submitted resume through an employee I met and had some conversation (the employee forwarded my resume to the HR), got phone interview by an employee (not HR) (rescheduled once because the interviewer was too busy and forgot the interview), got email within one week saying hired. It was for an PTA position in China, not in the States, though.

Interview Questions
    • what are the challenges in the next 3 years for any industry   Answer Question

Time & Expense Coordinator Interview

They keep you very well informed. They are honest. They do not list all of the positives that they should. Open communication. Hiring process- simple and straight forward. They use a 3rd party for a credit check and they are quick also :)

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical interview questions, nothing too difficult or challenging.   Answer Question
    simple

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bain & Company.

I was asked to explain why Google wanted to make a self-driving car. They were looking for more of my thought process than my actual answer, however, I think I stumbled at first as I was so prepared to do a case interview. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • What is Google's motivation for the self-driving car?   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in June 2014.

A recruiter contacted me about my online application and asked to schedule an initial phone call regarding my background and experience. She asked me questions about my past employment, why I was looking for a new job, why Bain/ this role in particular. A few days later, I had my first round of interviews with four different members of the team, who asked me a mix of situational questions and behavioral questions: what were my biggest strengths/ weaknesses, why am I excited about this role, where do I see myself in 5 years, etc. A couple of weeks after, I came into the office a second time for another round of interviews. I met three different individuals on the HR team and had a similar array of questions. Everyone was welcoming and very honest with me about the responsibilities and culture.

Part-time Assistant Interview

Just a brief phone interview. A case of ivory product pricing.

Analyst Interview

First round interview - two back-to-back 30-45 min interviews, mixture of cases and fit in each. Market sizing question and a market entry question. Interviewers were nice and professional. Fit portions only consisted of discussing 3 work experiences from my resume. They take a day to tell you whether you got through to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • How many years will it take the ham manufacturer to cover his fixed costs if he expands to this new market?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Process was very quick from application to first round interview. interviews took place on campus. it was a straightforward 2-5 minutes of small talk and then the case interview. two back to back 30 minute cases and done.

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied through our campus recruiting, and had a first round phone interview that consisted of two cases back to back, then had final rounds at the Bain Boston office that were again two cases back to back. The final rounds also had a "fit" component in addition to the case.

Interview Questions
    • The cases were all fairly similar, and not too complicated. Each had a creative portion and a number portion   Answer Question

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!