Bain & Company

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

The process starts with a analytical test, like GMAT. It seems to be a hard test. You must answer 20 questions in 30 minutes. If you get approved on the test they'll call you to a first round interview, which consist in two cases interviews. Intervierwers are senior consultants. You must show you know how to approach to a business case. Is you get approved on the first round, they call you for the final round of interviews, with the partners.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company.

submitted online application - then invited to interview - two interviews on one day- market sizing and business case by two different people- one associate consultant and one consultant

Interview Questions
    • profit/loss based and straight forward market sizing question   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2013.

Three to four rounds. Lot of grilling. But friendly people

Interview Questions
    • Puzzles. Little tricky. You have to be analytically clever for them.   Answer Question

Role included more of data sanitizing job which is tedious.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

1 round of on-campus interview followed by a second and final round of interview at the Bain office in San Francisco.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer, who's a partner at Bain presented a case of an less-than-optimal investment opportunity, and asked me to evaluate this opportunity and give the potential investor, a retired senior management professional a recommendation.   Answer Question

Advanced Ph D Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company in January 2013.

First year they were accepting PhD applications. You must apply one year before you graduate like most internships. They were extremely friendly and efficient. Assigned everyone an interview buddy, and prepped you for the interview process (great considering many of us have never had a real interview coming out of a PhD). Interviewed with two Management Consultants, who were both kind and professional. Study your cases! And then be prepared to think outside the box.

Seems like an amazing place to work. Definitely a great first interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the demand of plastic bags in the U.S.?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

1. Resume screening: from what I know, HR does the screening, curtailing people who do not meet the minimum requirements but also most of the resume screening.
    2. First-round interview: at the office, asked about current events, asked me to read a piece from Times and develop a case study.
    3. Second-round interview: interviewed with three people, mostly case studies and guesstimation.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

First round interview via phone. Got invited for 2 back-to-back interviews on the same day for the first round face-to-face interview with managers. Got invited for another 2 back-to-back interviews with partners for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, more like the questions that i have seen on textbook   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate to start in a different city that i was originally got the offer from

Senior Consultant Interview

On campus information session, resume submission, 2 rounds of case interviews and personality interviews. All interviews are done on site, usually by manager / senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Business cases are dependent on the interviewer, so they are not standard amongst interviewees.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Bain is great at their recruiting and always send some of their top staff to my college for their events. It is obvious that they know what they are doing and I believe they usually are able to take most of the top candidates from their competitors due to the company culture that they promote.

After applying online I was invited for a first round interview which consisted of two 30 minute case interviews that were difficult but not impossible. There were very few questions about my resume or cover letter. At the end they always ask if you have questions so come with some prepared.

Interview Questions
    • One case I had involved analyzing the practicality of a business that runs t-shirt vending machines at airports across the country. It involved a lot of math and calculations to determine the solution.   Answer Question

Consultant Assistant Interview

The interview included some behavioral questions and a mini case.

Interview Questions
    • You need to ask for more clarification questions on the mini case.   Answer Question