Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.7

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

It was through campus placement. Shortlisted 25 out of 120 for further round. Called us to the bcc office gurgaon. Then there was a test and guesstimate round. Shortlisted 5 out of 25 on the basis of the test and guesstimate interview. Final round was a business strategy round.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

They first conducted a written test. You don't require any cat prerparation, so anyone preparing for it won't have an edge over others. Test was testing your analytical skills so kind of stressful. Then there was interview round, primarily focusing on guesstimate. My interviewer was continuously cross questioned me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interviewers are very friendly people.They called me at night and we chatted briefly about my progress. And lastly he asked me if I have any question for him about the company.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Southeast Asia office. Submitted online and got a call 6 weeks later. 2 rounds, first with a Consultant and a Manager, final round with a Senior Manager and a Principal (head of recruiting). Each interview had fit questions and a case study. First round was in person, final two interviews were via video conference. Case studies were mostly straightforward. Interviewers were fairly relaxed. Did not get an offer after the final round. Turnaround time between rounds and for the decision was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Market expansion case study (would it make sense for an energy drink manufacturer to enter the Indian market, and estimate potential revenue)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took around 2 months. First is the GMAT + Business written test. It is relatively difficult due to time constraints, that's why you should check the samples in their site. After that I was invited to a group interview in which we were required to solve a business case. The case itself is fairly easy - even more if you are familiar with case interviews - but they are looking to see if they would like to work with you. Just be polite, never say something negative and always say something along the lines of "I understand your point, but if you look through this lens...". Finally I was invited to the case interviews. There were 3 rounds, 2 interviews each. The cases were very numerical and difficult, but the Personal Experience questions were all the same: Why consulting? Why Bain?. I was a little frustrated with these questions because it got repetitive and don't really say a lot about the interviewee. The feedback given for the no offer was rather superficial with no suggestion on where to improve. The tip I can give: most of the cases were about investing or not (PE).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Delhi (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Resume Screening + 2 round interviews. First round has 2 case studies and second round has 5 case studies along with behavioural interviews for each. The resume screening is most selective though the application pool later is more hard to compete with.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviews are a mixture of fit, "tell me a time when..." type and case studies. The case studies are not about experience, but about thinking processes, problem solving and ability to do some sums. You can definitely prepare for them just by doing some dummy case studies with a friend.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

One with team in India others with team from the US. There were multiple rounds. Process took almost a month. So this was the process. I am being forced to write more while I dont have much to write. Thank you.

Interview Questions

• General discussions. No probing. Too many rounds - almost 6 i think.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 rounds with 5 interviews, including 4 case interviews. For one case interview, you are given 15 minutes to prepare. For the non-case interview, the interviewer tries to test your fit with the firm. In my case it was quite a casual, open discussion and it didn't feel too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to start a career in management consulting?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Cape Town (South Africa)) in July 2014.

Interview

I had an interview for an entry level associate position within the firm. I had received an email saying I had to write a test. This happened In a room of 30 people and involved mental maths and puzzles. Following this I was called back for a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer was very hostile and interrupting all the time. Glad I didn't get the job.