Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.7

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

My current recruiter referred me to Bain & Company. I had an excellent interview with the HR Manager. She was friendly and put me right at ease. All questions were easy to decipher. I asked many relevant questions to end the interview. The entire process took about 45 minutes.

Negotiation

I am in line for a final interview this week. I will meet with four members of staff including the person in the position for which I've applied.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One Test, then one case interview, then 1st round 2 cases interviews. The HR was very helpful, the interviewers were ok, the working environment seemed gut. The only con would be making us flight 6h in the morning and then wait 3h hours in the office for the round beginn. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

• Business sense related, lots of graphical information, calculations envolved   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

On campus recruiting. First round and then final round interview. Both rounds were quite similar except first round had more market sizing. Second round one case had a chart.

Interview Questions

• Difficult private equity case without much information to work with.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Contacted for an interview after submitting an application via university recruiting. Great interview prep resources online and with a session at their office. First round interview consisted of 2 back-to-back case interviews, no experience questions were asked. One case was a little softer than the other in terms of quant/math questions, but both had those aspects to them.

Interview Questions

• Both cases had tricky aspects to their quant questions.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Career Center website, college recruiting. I submitted a cover letter, resume, and transcript to my college recruiting website. Heard back about a week later for an interview. Cases were actually not too very difficult. Mine was done over Skype. Overall, interview process was very enjoyable. I was contacted the next day regarding the results of the interview. Feedback was given.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions on my resume for the first 10 minutes then a twenty minute case. 2 30 minute interviews back to back.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company (New Haven, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through a resume screen, a first round interview which consisted of two cases with a little time set aside at the beginning for behavioral. Similar structure for the final round interview - two longer cases with some behavioral at the beginning. The total process took about 30 minutes each for the first round, and 45 minutes each for the final round.

Interview Questions

• Out of the four cases during first and final round interviews, two of them were retail cases.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

got the interview invite through on-campus career center. went through the 1st round by nailing two typical cases (no behavioral questions). the 2nd round was in a hotel. the interviewers really tried to throw you off by providing lots of information that were irrelevant to the case - i was tricked. If i knew before hand, i could have done better.

Interview Questions

• case questions: there was one case the interviewer threw 11-12 exhibits at me and asked for takeaways   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, you end up going through pretty standard case interviews for a consulting firm. People were really really nice and I enjoyed going through the cases with them. They ended up calling back a couple hours later saying that I got the final round, so I'm waiting on that in the next week or so.

Interview Questions

• What are potential costs associated with building out hospital IT infrastructure?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First-round interviews consisted of two 40-minute case interviews with consulting staff. No fit questions were asked – almost all time was spent on the case. Both interviewers were friendly but disinterested, looking at their phones less than five minutes into the interview. It struck me as rude, but perhaps it was a stress tactic to see how I would react.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

First round phone interview that consisted of two 30-minute case studies. They were fairly average case questions, one included a market sizing component, but both were math heavy. I spoke with two separate interviewers, and both were extremely professional and very good at facilitating discussion throughout the case. They left about 5 minutes at the end of the interview to discuss my background and give with the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Something unexpected was the amount of math that parts of the cases involved. I had to calculate costs, profit margins, and changes in profits with little information provided, which, while not extremely difficult, was time consuming.   Answer Question