Bain & Company

335 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – First Round Interview: Two case interviews. I completely failed one of them and did all right with the other. Basically, I was ill-prepared and not comfortable with being able to think structurally. However, the Bain consultants were extremely friendly and supportive and provided great feedback and support.

Interview Question – regular 1st round case interviews   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting. Bain was very organized throughout the process. They even hosted a case interview workshop prior to first round interviews, which was helpful for someone who hadn't interviewed in a while. Practice your cases back to front, and get good estimates about market sizing. All of that came up in my interview process.

Interview Question – Two relatively basic cases, one about semiconductor growth and one about the bottled tea market.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Standard case interviews, 2 for 30 min each. Hardly anything on fit. If you prepared, it shouldn't be hard. There's also a reception the day before. Bain people are supposed to be "cool" compared to other consulting firms. I definitely gained insight into what kind of people I want to work with and what kind of work I consider meaningful. Good experience; really helps you clarify your thoughts about the job and the employees.

Interview Question – nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

Summer Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – First round was conducted on my school's campus. Two back to back cases. Both were market sizing cases. Second round was at the office. Three back to back interviews. One was more structured case problem, the second two were more "think through a problem" cases.

Interview Question – Case about the metal alloy industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for summer ACI salaries.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interview Details – fit & case interviews for 2 rounds. Second round included written case interview

Interview Question – Written case interview (you are given 20+ slides of charts and 60 minutes to come to a solution, then present it to hiring partners/managers who will challenge your assumptions and analyses)   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a case interview in their office in NYC. Two cases were presented, each with a different associate. They ask a few behavioral questions and about your resume, but the real interview's all about the cases. None of the interviewers were from the office I was interested in at the time, I guess Bain centralizes its interview process, or at least for international offices.

Interview Question – Advising someone who wants to go into wine production.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

Interview Details – Two first round interviews with Consultants; three second round interviews with Managers and Partners. Engaging in meaningful conversation and demonstrating fit with the office was key in the second round. In both rounds, cases were very straightforward and did not aim to be confusing or misleading, but therefore addressing every element correctly was essential.

Interview Question – Nothing harder than Case in Point, however not a lot of emphasis on advanced frameworks.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Intern Interview

Associate Consultant Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews, then 2 interviews at the city you are applying for. All case style

Interview Question – I want to open a taco shop in australia, should I?   Answer Question

Part Time Analyst Interview

Part Time Analyst

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – Got a phone interview for part time analyst in Bain Shanghai office. The phone interview consists of two parts, first a typical case took about 20 minutes to solve, and then why consulting, why Bain, what do you expect to learn from this experience.

Interview Question – It was a typical case, asking about what to do when a beer company wants to enter the local market.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Intern Interview

Associate Consultant Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Applied to an overseas office. I was interviewing at the SF office and it was a pleasant experience. All in all, I did 2 x 30 minute case interviews with two consultants. Both interviews started off with one or two quick questions about my background and interests and we then proceeded to the case.

Both consultants were very down-to-earth and enthusiastic and were more than willing to help me out when I stumbled.

Interview Question – They were standard consulting cases but had tricky business situations. Make sure to understand break-even calculations, basic supply-demand in addition to general business frameworks.   Answer Question