Bain & Company

Average Difficulty
331 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Standard case interviews, 2 for 30 min each. Hardly anything on fit. If you prepared, it shouldn't be hard. There's also a reception the day before. Bain people are supposed to be "cool" compared to other consulting firms. I definitely gained insight into what kind of people I want to work with and what kind of work I consider meaningful. Good experience; really helps you clarify your thoughts about the job and the employees.

Interview Question – nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Consultant Interview

Summer Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – First round was conducted on my school's campus. Two back to back cases. Both were market sizing cases. Second round was at the office. Three back to back interviews. One was more structured case problem, the second two were more "think through a problem" cases.

Interview Question – Case about the metal alloy industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for summer ACI salaries.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – fit & case interviews for 2 rounds. Second round included written case interview

Interview Question – Written case interview (you are given 20+ slides of charts and 60 minutes to come to a solution, then present it to hiring partners/managers who will challenge your assumptions and analyses)   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round was a case interview in their office in NYC. Two cases were presented, each with a different associate. They ask a few behavioral questions and about your resume, but the real interview's all about the cases. None of the interviewers were from the office I was interested in at the time, I guess Bain centralizes its interview process, or at least for international offices.

Interview Question – Advising someone who wants to go into wine production.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

Interview Details – Two first round interviews with Consultants; three second round interviews with Managers and Partners. Engaging in meaningful conversation and demonstrating fit with the office was key in the second round. In both rounds, cases were very straightforward and did not aim to be confusing or misleading, but therefore addressing every element correctly was essential.

Interview Question – Nothing harder than Case in Point, however not a lot of emphasis on advanced frameworks.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Intern Interview

Associate Consultant Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – 2 on campus interviews, then 2 interviews at the city you are applying for. All case style

Interview Question – I want to open a taco shop in australia, should I?   Answer Question

Part Time Analyst Interview

Part Time Analyst

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details – Got a phone interview for part time analyst in Bain Shanghai office. The phone interview consists of two parts, first a typical case took about 20 minutes to solve, and then why consulting, why Bain, what do you expect to learn from this experience.

Interview Question – It was a typical case, asking about what to do when a beer company wants to enter the local market.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Intern Interview

Associate Consultant Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Applied to an overseas office. I was interviewing at the SF office and it was a pleasant experience. All in all, I did 2 x 30 minute case interviews with two consultants. Both interviews started off with one or two quick questions about my background and interests and we then proceeded to the case.

Both consultants were very down-to-earth and enthusiastic and were more than willing to help me out when I stumbled.

Interview Question – They were standard consulting cases but had tricky business situations. Make sure to understand break-even calculations, basic supply-demand in addition to general business frameworks.   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

IT Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in June 2012.

Interview Details – Three different phases of interview.

Initial Phone call by the HR recruiter. Generally an all around good experience. Nothing too difficult here just some basic interview questions about yourself, your goals, and getting a general sense of who you are.

2nd Phone all by the Manager: A bit more in depth than the first. They asked some common technical questions and again try to get a general idea of your personality, your motivations and what drives you. The interview was fairly lengthy lasting about 30 mins or so.

3rd phase - In person interview: I was a bit surprised by this part. The interview is very lengthy and it consisted of three people separately. They go over some common questions about your work experience, systems you've had to deal with as well as giving you some common scenarios and asking you to walk them through your troubleshooting steps. The interview starts with the Manager, followed by the senior and lastly the regional director. Lasted about 1:30 hours.

Interview Question – A user is having trouble downloading a file from the file server - it downloads but it does so extremely slowly. What could be the problem?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting

Interview Question – Case interview regarding the gaming industry   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bain & Company