Bainbridge Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2014
Updated Jun 1, 2014

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bainbridge.

Multiple rounds of interviews... your success will be based on your ability to think strategically and your ability to remain cool and collective under pressure (keep in mind, they are looking for someone who can pick up the phone, have an intelligent conversation based on limited information, and extract valuable data).

Interview Questions
    • You will get a market sizing question, based on your resume's interests "i see you like tennis... how many tennis balls are in the air right now?" If you pass, you will make it to the final round where they will give you a case study 24 hours in advance and ask you to prepare a presentation (do a PPT). No major tips on the case study, go with your gut and back it up with data/justification... make sure to keep in mind the risks.   Answer Question
    Salary was said to be not negotiable. It was a take it or leave it... we have others.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bainbridge.

Very positive experience. The contacted me within a timely manner and were kindly flexible about my start date.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bainbridge in March 2014.

1) Received an email that I replied to. Didn't hear anything, so I called the number of the director that sent it. Apparently this is what he was looking for (initiative). Spoke briefly. Scheduled a time to come in to the office.
    2) Interviewed on-site. One on one. Nothing difficult.
    3) Met with another higher-up. He seemed very disinterested. Walking around the room looking at his cell phone the entire time.
    4) I was sent a case study that I was to present in a few days. I did so and received positive reviews.
    5) After the presentation, there is a phone test. As the job is mostly sales, the director had me call him from the conference room in a mock call to a business. I essentially had to talk him into selling his fake business.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult really. Research was straightforward. They gave 3 industries and I had to decide which one was best, find some companies that were "the best" and present on why we should approach one.   Answer Question

Here is where it gets weird. They made me an offer. VERY low-ball. $43k and not very good benefits. I didn't even see an option for a 401k. No educational reimbursement, only 50% coverage of dental (80% regular healthcare), etc. That is fine if that is the business model. But I countered, as is standard with just about ANY offer for people with grad degrees and experience. The worst that usually happens is they say the original offer stands. BUT THEY COMPLETELY RESCINDED THE OFFER ALTOGETHER!!! COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLASSLESS. I asked for such abominable things as immediate enrollment in benefits, and a signing bonus (as is also standard to ask for, even if not received). The director told me during the interviews that all he cares about is money and that once someone cannot do that, they're dead to him. Callous, but standard in the industry.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bainbridge in December 2012.

Three round interview that included several case study questions. The final interview was a presentation to the Consulting Director and several full time consultants. You can expect to receive a combination of brain teaser questions and also a business case study. You are expected to employ both primary and secondary researching in preparing for these cases.

M&A Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bainbridge.

They brought around 15 of us from UCSD, USD, SDSU to a conference room and we waited to be interviewed by an M&A Manager and an M&A Analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your self. The hardest question is to sell yourself to your interviewer in 1 minute.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bainbridge.

Case studies, behaviroual interview, problem solving skills, cultural fit and professional interviews

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bainbridge.

Interview process is three steps:
    Phone interview - 30 mins
    In-house Interview #1 - 1 hour with Senior Analysts
    In-house Interview #2 - 2 hours with Director of Consulting

I just finished the first In house interview and am waiting for the second.

Interview Questions
    • Case study questions are always difficult, but the main point is to show the company your thought process. Whatever the question they give is, make sure your presentation shows how you thought about the questions, so they can refer back to that information.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bainbridge.

Phone interview with a manager. Lengthy questions about the firm and industry. Must be very well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Name a few types of valuation methods. Talk about an industry you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

M&A Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Bainbridge.

I received an email to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, I was requested by the company to come into their office for a real interview. Came in and filled out some paperwork, then met with some analysts and a senior analyst, asked questions and hearing about the company. I went with one of the analyst to a room and answer his questions. Most of the questions were basic questions about why do you want this job and what do you know about the company. Seem like I did well in the interview but apparently, it was not good enough.

Interview Questions
    • What is .1 percent of 100,000,000 or something like that. I answered it right but the interviewer said I was wrong, almost got into a debate with him about it but decided against it. Didn't want to sound like a know it all.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bainbridge in October 2012.

Started with a standard phone interview which covered my prior experience, reasons for wanting the position, and then a better explanation of what they were looking for. At the end of the interview I was asked to come into their office for another interview. For this interview I met with two employees, who started with the usual questions asking about my background. From there we discussed specific roles I would be responsible for if selected and then I was asked how I would carry out these tasks. Throughout the interview there were also questions intended more to get to know me as a person which were easy to answer and allowed me to better connect with the two conducting the interview. Overall, it was a very straightforward experience and I left feeling very positive about the quality of the company and my desire to work there. About a week later I received an email offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Bainbridge? Contribute to the Community!