Baker Botts

Very Difficult Interview

HelpDesk - Contract Interview

HelpDesk - Contract
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Baker Botts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Did not get a chance to interview for more than 12 minutes. The Manager interviewing looked at my LinkedIn profile and had her mind made up that I would not be hired, even though I was fully qualified. I am white male, she is a woman of color. Less than a week after the Zimmerman trial. It wasn't hard to figure out.....as she didn't want to hear anything I had to say about my qualifications or interest in the company. You could hear the tone in her voice that she did not want to interview me. She cut it short quickly. I was and still am in shock that this would go on at a Law Firm, but I'm sure upper management has no idea.

Interview Question – There wasn't any questions.   Answer Question

Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal Interview

Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Botts.

Interview Details – Two step, first HR, then meeting with attorneys.

Interview Question – Do not recall anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Payroll Manager Interview

Payroll Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Botts in February 2012.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Had to go to their offices at least twice. It is in downton Houston where parking is expensive and on your dime.

Interview Question – None I can remember   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Baker Botts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Botts interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baker Botts employees and interview candidates.