Baker Botts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.3

Summer Associate Interview

First there was an on-campus interview by two attorneys followed by half-day callback visit to the firm's office. The callback consisted of several interviews interviews lasting between 20 to 30 minutes. The interviews were a mix of associates and partners.

Paralegal Clerk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Botts.

On campus interview with hiring manager for the clerks. Within the week received notification that I had been accepted for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of meeting with the hiring manager again and then interviewing separately with 5 paralegals from different departments. Offered position a few weeks later. Worked with one of the paralegals I interviewed with so there was probably matching of personalities going on during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were especially difficult or unexpected. Asked general questions like interests, why I wanted to work in the legal field, where I saw myself in 5 years, plans for graduate school.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. In the clerk position you could take the offer or leave it.

HelpDesk - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Baker Botts in July 2013.

Did not get a chance to interview for more than 12 minutes. The Manager interviewing looked at my LinkedIn profile and had her mind made up that I would not be hired, even though I was fully qualified. I am white male, she is a woman of color. Less than a week after the Zimmerman trial. It wasn't hard to figure out.....as she didn't want to hear anything I had to say about my qualifications or interest in the company. You could hear the tone in her voice that she did not want to interview me. She cut it short quickly. I was and still am in shock that this would go on at a Law Firm, but I'm sure upper management has no idea.

Intellectual Property Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Botts.

Two step, first HR, then meeting with attorneys.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Botts in February 2012.

Standard interview process. Had to go to their offices at least twice. It is in downton Houston where parking is expensive and on your dime.

Interview Questions

Worked for Baker Botts? Contribute to the Community!