Baker College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Baker College.

Simple process which involved me answering some basic questions. Nothing more than sitting at a desk and having ideal conversation. Didn't really cover any past experience or educations (which surprised me being a college).

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a student who is verbally upset with a status involving financial aid?   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate salary, however, it was made very clear to me that this was not up for discussion. I then tried to negotiate hours...and again this was made clear that no part-time employee was allowed under ANY circumstance to exceed 25 hours per week...

Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Baker College.

It is all fake - formality - you only get the job if you know someone there. They will call you for an interview and ask you one question and tell you thank you, we will let you know, or hire you on the spot. Fake interview.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. They have to beg people to work for them once you hear the salary   Answer Question

The salary was half of what I was currently making.

Program Director Interview

One interview with one person and job offer was made

There was no negotiation

Department Chair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen Park, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Baker College.

I applied and was contacted by the Allen Park campus approximately two weeks after my application. I was first interviewed over the phone, and was then asked to come in for an interview with the campus president and a member of the academic staff. After this interview, I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks -- I called Baker to follow up on the interview and at that point I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult or unexpected questions, it was a very typical interview process.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate on wages, if I had to do it over again I would attempt to negotiate a bit more regarding compensation.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker College.

One interview and drug/background test.

Interview Questions
    I took the job without negotiating as I needed any kind of full time work at the time.

Professional Tutor - Learning Support Services Interview

The interview process would absolutely be different form campus to campus. Flexibility of work schedule (5-5hr days )and a genuine people person are absolutes necessities. Most important quality needed would be the ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and keep it together under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to our organization?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baker College.

I went in person to inquire about a position and had an interview set up within the week. The interview was short with a skills and intelligence test that included things like alphabetizing according to name and title. A background check was completed and a sexual harassment and work place violence seminar were completed online. Each of these took about 45 minutes with a certificate of completion forwarded to management and placed in my personnel file. The interview and hiring process were simple and pretty easy. No tough questions asked. The main focus was on skill, professionalism, and whether I was the right fit for the department I was being placed in.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no unexpected or difficult questions. The interviewer did more talking than I am accustomed to during an interview.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker College.

Always at least. 2 interviews. Sometimes with higher ups in flint that want to make sure you fit the Baker mold

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it

Admissions Advisor Interview

There are 3 interviews, the first is a screening interview, where you answer basic questions, such as "what interested you in this position?" and "tell me about yourself". The second interview was with the VP of Admissions and an Admissions exec from Flint. It was a bit intimidating- I was seated at the end of a very long conference table, with these two guys (one on my left, one on my right). The Admissions exec from Flint does most of the talking in this interview, but you are asked questions about your college career, why you chose your major, why you are interested in the job, and what you regret about your college career (ughh). I was told in my first interview, that I should wear a suit of some kind to the second interview, it is a very conservative and business-like environment.

Career Services Staff Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Baker College.

Panel interview with 3 staff members, almost always requires a second interview

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer both behavioral and situational questions and be knowledgable of resume writing and interview techniques   Answer Question
    Very limited negotiation is available

Worked for Baker College? Contribute to the Community!