Baker College

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – It is all fake - formality - you only get the job if you know someone there. They will call you for an interview and ask you one question and tell you thank you, we will let you know, or hire you on the spot. Fake interview.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions. They have to beg people to work for them once you hear the salary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was half of what I was currently making.

Program Director Interview

Program Director

Interview Details – One interview with one person and job offer was made

Interview Question – Asked why I would be a good fit for Baker College   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Department Chair Interview

Department Chair
Allen Park, MI

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – I applied and was contacted by the Allen Park campus approximately two weeks after my application. I was first interviewed over the phone, and was then asked to come in for an interview with the campus president and a member of the academic staff. After this interview, I did not hear anything for a couple of weeks -- I called Baker to follow up on the interview and at that point I was offered a job.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions, it was a very typical interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate on wages, if I had to do it over again I would attempt to negotiate a bit more regarding compensation.

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Flint, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – One interview and drug/background test.

Interview Question – General questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the job without negotiating as I needed any kind of full time work at the time.

Professional Tutor - Learning Support Services Interview

Professional Tutor - Learning Support Services

Interviewed at Baker College

Interview Details – The interview process would absolutely be different form campus to campus. Flexibility of work schedule (5-5hr days )and a genuine people person are absolutes necessities. Most important quality needed would be the ability to think on your feet, problem solve, and keep it together under pressure.

Interview Question – What can you contribute to our organization?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – I went in person to inquire about a position and had an interview set up within the week. The interview was short with a skills and intelligence test that included things like alphabetizing according to name and title. A background check was completed and a sexual harassment and work place violence seminar were completed online. Each of these took about 45 minutes with a certificate of completion forwarded to management and placed in my personnel file. The interview and hiring process were simple and pretty easy. No tough questions asked. The main focus was on skill, professionalism, and whether I was the right fit for the department I was being placed in.

Interview Question – There were really no unexpected or difficult questions. The interviewer did more talking than I am accustomed to during an interview.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Clinton Township, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – Always at least. 2 interviews. Sometimes with higher ups in flint that want to make sure you fit the Baker mold

Interview Question – What do you know about Baker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it

Admissions Advisor Interview

Admissions Advisor

Interviewed at Baker College

Interview Details – There are 3 interviews, the first is a screening interview, where you answer basic questions, such as "what interested you in this position?" and "tell me about yourself". The second interview was with the VP of Admissions and an Admissions exec from Flint. It was a bit intimidating- I was seated at the end of a very long conference table, with these two guys (one on my left, one on my right). The Admissions exec from Flint does most of the talking in this interview, but you are asked questions about your college career, why you chose your major, why you are interested in the job, and what you regret about your college career (ughh). I was told in my first interview, that I should wear a suit of some kind to the second interview, it is a very conservative and business-like environment.

Interview Question – What do you regret about your college experience?   Answer Question

Career Services Staff Interview

Career Services Staff

I applied online and interviewed at Baker College.

Interview Details – Panel interview with 3 staff members, almost always requires a second interview

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer both behavioral and situational questions and be knowledgable of resume writing and interview techniques   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very limited negotiation is available

Worked for Baker College? Contribute to the Community!