Baker Hughes Engineering Interview Questions

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. They tend to interview a lot of students, and only few of them had the chance to move forward.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2012.

Interview

Candidates normally go through 2 interview round, the first is just a traditional one on one interview section. The second one is call BHI event when a big group of candidates will meet with recruiting team and managers. Candidates will then have to perform several tasks to demonstrate their abilities and soft skills.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a one to one behavioral interview in my campus career center and was called for the second round (Baker Hughes Experience) at Houston. The BHE consisted of a case study and a presentation. I was surprised that there wasn't any one to one interview. I thought I did a good job overall and was surprised when I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• As a team of three solve am engineering case study that involves mechanical design and some knowledge of circuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I was applying for an interview and it was a half an hour long. This is the first round of interviews and it consists of 4-5 behavioral questions that the recruiter has on a sheet of paper in where he writes down your responses and a number to quantify your score. This last score, of course, is not shown to you and is filled out later by him.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Interview was very friendly, just be honest and you will get the job if you deserve it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a chemical engineer serving as interviewer running through standardized questions. Interviewer had clearly not even glanced at my resume before the interview, asking questions such as "What year are you?" and "What is your major?" I was never contacted after the interview to be informed of their decision and my follow ups were never answered.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have been put in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Blacksburg, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

On-campus. 1 on 1. Straightforward questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted after online app to set up a phone interview. Basic behavioral questions, about what you'd expect. They were interviewing for a field engineer position even though my background is in geology.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was for R&D Engineering position with Baker Hughes. Initial round was job fair where I was invited to interview on campus with the recruiters. I had a campus interview and was asked behavioral questions (as detailed on the website) and the interviewer acted as if He was sure I'd get the job and said he'd recommend me for the next round.

Next round was the Baker Hughes Experience where you had dinner the first evening. Next morning you start off with a case study geared towards ME/EE types. If hiring managers like you, they'll pull you aside for a 1:1 interview. If you never get pulled aside for this, or don't make an effort to talk to the hiring managers, you won't get the job offer, period.

After lunch, there was a presentation made by each of the candidates there for the BHE to hiring managers and the rest of the candidates. If a Hiring manager doesn't want you or care about what you're presenting on, they will completely tune out and play with their phone or computer, so don't make it boring. After this, there was a site tour. Then they put everyone in a room and pull people out to let them know their status.

Overall, this event was a huge waste of my time. I'm thankful I already have an offer otherwise being rejected in the most humiliating way possible (in front of other candidates) is just about the worst and most unprofessional thing I've ever encountered and had to experience. Being told you're unwanted is horrible enough, why it had to happen in front of other candidates is beyond me.

Interview Questions

• See other interviews - first round questions are all the same.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2010.

Interview

Why you want to work with Baker Hughes?..... Hav you applied anywhere else......Whats ypur final year project?

Interview Questions

• Tell us whether you think petroleum industry provides dirty job??   Answer Question