Baker Hughes

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Field Engineer I Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question
    No need. They take care of you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

i was asked to take a video interview on hire view and all the questions were pretty much the same as posted before, i was really nervous so i dont know how i did it, so im waiting to hear from them soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied online and after a couple of weeks received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was exhausting but was mostly general HR questions. Lots of "describe a situation where this or that happened." It was a little impersonal but that was the only complaint I had. After about 3 days I was e-mailed and told I made it past that round and I was welcome to come out for the Baker Hughes Experience. Even though I was one of quite a few people (20-30) there, it was such a great experience. The managers that would eventually hire you were there to talk about the work with them and there were several activities over the two days. All in all I thought it as a great process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem where you solved it on your own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Went thought the BH experience. The first day they had dinner and a few activities. The second day was over 12 hours of group activities and other tests. Just be social.

I took the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

I applied online and took a couple of days to hear back from them. I received an email inviting me for a virtual interview. The virtual interview consisted of 9 sets of 2-5 behavioral questions focused on technical work or school experience. Now I am waiting for the BHE.

Interview Questions
    • If you want to minimize the chance of messing up or freezing in front of the webcam, you can do what I did. Prepare a list of questions from other reviews in glassdoor for this position. Then just answer them based on your experiences (doing it in front of a mirror helps with your confidence). You may not get asked many of the questions you got ready for, but at least you get to explore your brain for good stories and tailor them to answer any question you did not expect coming.   View Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Recieved call from "Millitary Recruiter", I was not comfortable with the fact that she knew nothing of the military jargon. This is the person the website said would help to translate my experience into a career...not so much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2013.

I got a call on Nov. 1 for the Field Engineer I position. It was about 30-45min interview. Some questions were : why do you want to join Baker Hughes?, what does a field engineer I do?, what other companies have you applied for?

The rest were behavioral questions which take up most of the interview, depending on how much you talk. The Human Resource representative was nice. They just want to get to know you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

The interview process included two interviews. One was conducted on campus, and a second one was done on site in Houston Texas. The second interview was quite intense. They took you for three days to get to know your work ethic, base knowledge, and how you behave under stress and little sleep. They did an excellent job filling up every waking moment with different testing stations, behavioral interviews, debates between candidates, group and individual presentations, and tours of the facilities. The response time after the second interview was a single business day. Decisions were made on the spot for whether you would receive an offer or not.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to use your technical skills to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2013.

Lengthy and cut throat on campus interview, Second round is tough on location and you get next to no sleep and are tested constantly. It ends up being a very long weekend with tests and presentations all week.

no negotiation allowed