Baker Hughes

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

209 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2014.

I submitted my resume online. The next day, I received an email telling me that I got the interview. It was a digital interview, powered by HireVue. And there was a deadline, which was one week later. I did the interview before the deadline. There were 9 questions and each question allowed you 3 min to answer. 1. Describe a technical problem you solved? 2. Describe a problem which has a deadline? 3. Describe a time where you had to set a goal for yourself? 4. Technical task you solved, what was the outcome, what steps you used, how did you solve it, what lesson you learned? 5. Leadership situation? 6. A situation which your ideas was not agreed with others, what did you do? 7. A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work? 8. Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes? 9. Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
  • A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Field Engineer Interview

I first made contact with Baker Hughes by speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair. They were not accepting resumes and I was told to apply online. I went online and submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript.

A week later, I was sent an invitation for an online interview in which I recorded answers to a series of questions. The question was shown, 30 seconds of prep time was given, and then 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions asked had to do with how you have dealt with situations in the past, examples of leadership or teamwork, and why you are interested in Baker.

About a week later, I was sent an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience. It was a great two day experience which you learn a lot of about the company while the hiring managers watch how you work on different assessments and group projects. You let them know what segment you would like to work in and where.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to use your technical background to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2014.

Got interview by applying through website. Also talked to recuriter at school's career fair. Got sent an email two weeks later to take an online interview which just recorded my answers with a webcam.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty difficult. All were multi-part and you only had 30 seconds to prepare. Most questions took 30 seconds to read. Then it started recording and you had three minutes to answer. More than enough time. Not nearly enough time to prepare, Most akward interview I've had.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

had an interview a month ago, just typical behavioral questions. asked about previous experiences in a team and how we handled a difficulty. how I used my knowledge to help my team members to overcome that situation.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were basically the same, so it was really confusing that they were kinda repeating themselves.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Was called about scheduling a phone interview almost immediately after finishing my application. The phone interview was behavioral with pretty standard questions. I thought it went well and after the interview I was emailed saying I passed the initial round. 3 months have passed since then and I haven't heard anything nor have they responded to my email attempts.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about leadership and team-work. Definitely they will ask you to describe an occasion when there was conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

First interview was with two people. One was an engineering manager, the other was a woman from HR. They are definitely looking for someone who knows about their company. I recommend attending any information sessions they have if you want to be taken seriously. Questions were typical HR questions such as "tell me about time you had to make a decision quickly", "tell me about a time when you had to contribute to a group", "tell me about a time when you were given a very difficult task". The interview is very structured. There was very little chitchat and it felt a lot like being given a quiz. If you make it past the first round during the fall, you're sure to be given the opportunity to undergo the "Baker Hughes Experience". This includes going to Houston for second round evaluation of skills, professionalism, and teamwork abilities. It's quite a lot to go through for a job at a service company. Some people get hired this way, others I know simply got picked up by Baker Hughes randomly later on. One of the better service companies. You can definitely turn it into a job with a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone in a group or with whom you were working. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Had a video interview. Majorly general attitude test kind of questions. nothing technical. just as what everybody says, "Tell me the toughest situation you faced " kinda questions. So just try to be calm and collected. attend with a fresh mind and also do practise the test interview few times. each question had 5 minutes and i had 8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • nothing technical. be casual calm and collected. everything is related to how u handled various situations.   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Although most interviews are either in person or on the phone, Baker Hughes has a new way of interviewing where you are asked to videotape yourself (similar to using skype) and answer the questions they had. It is an extremely awkward way to interview and is very unsettling. They asked typical questions, however you were only allowed to answer each question once.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask any technical questions only behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Not too bad. Everything that the others stated is pretty accurate.

Interview Questions
    • BHE was quite intense. At this point it's all about YOU.   Answer Question