Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Broussard, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

Met with Baker Hughes recruiter during college career fair. Invited to on campus info session and the next day a 1:1 interview. After several weeks I was called, information was verbally confirmed from my resume and I was asked if I was still seeking full time position. Next I was put into consideration for round 2, the Baker Hughes Experience (BHE). After almost one month I was notified via phone of my offer to attend the BHE. Needed to fly to Houston the next week. Baker Hughes flew me from California to Texas, and I met about 35 other candidates from all over US with varying engineering degrees there. After 3 days of intense interviewing and introduction to the Baker Hughes culture 4 candidates were offered positions, so very glad to be one of them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a co-worker did something dis-honest and how you dealt with this situation.   Answer Question
  • What type work environment and types of co-workers would be involved in your ideal work situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was long. We were given no itinerary. First we had to draw a picture and tell about our selves. Hiring managers were behind making notes as you spoke. Then a lot of information. Had all meals with different hiring managers. We had about 35 people and was very hard to communicate with managers. At the end of the night, they wanted us to give another presentation about "what we learned" the next morning at 7 am. we only had about 2.5 hours to sleep that night.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Lubbock, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Handed our resumes to the recruiter. Got selected for a 1:1 interview. The interview went well according to me, but I made a major mistake in the beginning itself. When the interviewer asked me "Do you know who I am?" all I could come up with is that "I know you are the software engineer." I think, the interviewer lost interest in me after that, and did not even write down my answers. Not surprisingly, I did not get a call back for the second round. From, then on I have made a point to write down the name of every single interviewer and their basic information, the day before during the info sessions. Thankfully, I got a phone interview with then again this time for a different position and that went well. Lets see when I get a call for the second round. Hoping for it.

Interview Questions

• Why Baker Hughes?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult collegue and how did you do it? What did you learn from this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The whole interview process went pretty smooth and precise. Two interviewers and only one of them asked the questions. All questions were related to the resume and all behaviors questions. Just be yourself, prepare more about your previous working experience and it would be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the coworker which you cannot tolerate in the working group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I received an offer to interview a week after applying on the UCLA career website. While attending a mandatory infosession for all interview applicants, I got the sense that the work culture at Baker Hughes is very conducive to those with ambitious drive, with employees who not only enjoy what they do but also take initiative to switch positions or try out new locations to work if necessary. The people were also very friendly and willing to share in depth about work life, including the man who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• List the top 3 reasons why you want to join Baker Hughes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I chatted with one of the recruiters in a job fair and they asked me to go to the interview on the next day. In the interview, they asked the same set of questions to all candidates in that day. Most questions were the behavior questions that already posted by the others on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked in a team and what was your role, how did you deal with safety issue?   Answer Question
    • When did you set a goal for yourself? how did you achieve it? what thing did you overcome   Answer Question
    • Why Baker Hughes? (3 reasons)   Answer Question
    • Describe how do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

just tell them ur experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call from a person from hr. To set up my phone interview. The interview questoins are basically what is on here. Why Baker Hughes? Favorite school subject and why. TIme you had to use your technical knowledge to solve a problem. Then had a second interview on the phone. It was pretty intense, guy asked a bunch of basic car mechanical questions and just random house electrical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Spoke with a campus recruiter and handed in my resume, also applied online at Baker Hughes' website. I got an email asking me to schedule a time slot for a phone interview. They called at the exact time and I spoke with a recruiter for about 35 minutes going over resume and behavioral questions. I am waiting to attend the Baker Hughes Experience in Houston for 2 days. I believe it is a panel and presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict with someone on a team and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with representatives at a university career fair and was immediately invited to a 1:1 interview on campus a few days later. The interview was very standard, behavioral questions and going over the resume. However it seemed a bit unprofessional because the interviewer was an hour late and had people coming in and out during. Heard back about 3 weeks later for the second round interview, which is the notorious Baker Hughes Experience in Houston, Texas. The first day (or night, rather) is a simple meet and greet with all of the recruiters and managers over dinner. Then, they send you off for the night and tell you to be up very early the next morning. Day 2 is when the bulk of the experience is- it takes literally all day (6am-3am in my case). It covers a variety of group and solo activities which are both behavioral and personal. They also bus you around to different company locations in the area so that you get a feel for the nature of the company and the work they do. It seems very laid back, but keep in mind that they are "watching" you the whole time- they want to see if you are a good fit for the company. Such activities include a case study, basic skills test (if you've ever had a chemistry lab then you are overprepared for this), and solo activities along the lines of "you have two minutes to draw a symbol that represents you." The second day is very dense and long, but if you've been through interview workshops, then it shouldn't be a problem. The morning of the third day, you have a group presentation/skit (which is given to you at the end of the night of the second day). Then there is a panel interview, where the recruiters pick people at random and ask behavioral questions. You get asked 2 or 3 questions total (no less, no more, from what I saw). Then, they excuse you for the rest of the afternoon as they decide who to give offers to. They will either give you an offer on the spot or deny you. You have a week to accept the offer, in most cases. The best advice I can give is to get to know all of the recruiters- talk to everyone as much as possible. Take advantage of the meals, the bus rides, or any down time- the recruiters will be around you during the whole experience. Ask a lot of questions and be involved with every activity and you will stand out.

Interview Questions

• What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had two conflicting commitments. How did you handle the situation?   2 Answers

The nature of the work itself is what deterred me. The work schedule is very unpredictable from what everyone described- long work days (sometimes 40 hours), starting and ending at random times during the day/night. The starting pay is good, and after you advance through the field engineer positions, there is great opportunity for career growth within the company. Also, the work locations are not very ideal, but that factor itself is very subjective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

routine questions and the interviewee kept asking the same following up questions. It makes me feel he didn't pay attention to what I said.