Baker Hughes Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

198 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

I chatted with one of the recruiters in a job fair and they asked me to go to the interview on the next day. In the interview, they asked the same set of questions to all candidates in that day. Most questions were the behavior questions that already posted by the others on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time that you worked in a team and what was your role, how did you deal with safety issue?   Answer Question
  • When did you set a goal for yourself? how did you achieve it? what thing did you overcome   Answer Question
  • Why Baker Hughes? (3 reasons)   Answer Question
  • Describe how do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question
just tell them ur experience

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

I applied online, and received a call from a person from hr. To set up my phone interview. The interview questoins are basically what is on here. Why Baker Hughes? Favorite school subject and why. TIme you had to use your technical knowledge to solve a problem.

Then had a second interview on the phone. It was pretty intense, guy asked a bunch of basic car mechanical questions and just random house electrical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2011.

Spoke with a campus recruiter and handed in my resume, also applied online at Baker Hughes' website. I got an email asking me to schedule a time slot for a phone interview. They called at the exact time and I spoke with a recruiter for about 35 minutes going over resume and behavioral questions. I am waiting to attend the Baker Hughes Experience in Houston for 2 days. I believe it is a panel and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had conflict with someone on a team and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2011.

Met with representatives at a university career fair and was immediately invited to a 1:1 interview on campus a few days later. The interview was very standard, behavioral questions and going over the resume. However it seemed a bit unprofessional because the interviewer was an hour late and had people coming in and out during.

Heard back about 3 weeks later for the second round interview, which is the notorious Baker Hughes Experience in Houston, Texas. The first day (or night, rather) is a simple meet and greet with all of the recruiters and managers over dinner. Then, they send you off for the night and tell you to be up very early the next morning. Day 2 is when the bulk of the experience is- it takes literally all day (6am-3am in my case). It covers a variety of group and solo activities which are both behavioral and personal. They also bus you around to different company locations in the area so that you get a feel for the nature of the company and the work they do. It seems very laid back, but keep in mind that they are "watching" you the whole time- they want to see if you are a good fit for the company. Such activities include a case study, basic skills test (if you've ever had a chemistry lab then you are overprepared for this), and solo activities along the lines of "you have two minutes to draw a symbol that represents you." The second day is very dense and long, but if you've been through interview workshops, then it shouldn't be a problem.

The morning of the third day, you have a group presentation/skit (which is given to you at the end of the night of the second day). Then there is a panel interview, where the recruiters pick people at random and ask behavioral questions. You get asked 2 or 3 questions total (no less, no more, from what I saw). Then, they excuse you for the rest of the afternoon as they decide who to give offers to. They will either give you an offer on the spot or deny you. You have a week to accept the offer, in most cases.

The best advice I can give is to get to know all of the recruiters- talk to everyone as much as possible. Take advantage of the meals, the bus rides, or any down time- the recruiters will be around you during the whole experience. Ask a lot of questions and be involved with every activity and you will stand out.

Interview Questions
    • What is the weirdest thing you have ever done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had two conflicting commitments. How did you handle the situation?   View Answers (2)

The nature of the work itself is what deterred me. The work schedule is very unpredictable from what everyone described- long work days (sometimes 40 hours), starting and ending at random times during the day/night. The starting pay is good, and after you advance through the field engineer positions, there is great opportunity for career growth within the company. Also, the work locations are not very ideal, but that factor itself is very subjective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2011.

apply online, I recieved a call from BH, set up a phone interview; basic behavior questions. one weeks later recieved an email about BHE, just waiting till then

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2011.

routine questions and the interviewee kept asking the same following up questions. It makes me feel he didn't pay attention to what I said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2011.

They got you absolutely exhausted and then saw how you would react in group situations and with complicated questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want most out of a position?   View Answer
    • Would you be willing to work long hours, up to 50 hours straight?   View Answer
    Intense!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2011.

Baker Hughes has a very organized and thorough process. The initial interview was behavioral based, while the more rigorous 2 day interview consists of various activites that basically test your endurance, how you work in groups, and how well you fit in with the company. Just be yourself and do your best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2011.

Cleared first round phone interview and got a call for Baker Hughes Experience (BHE). Took me 2 months to get the second call...so don't give up if they do not reply right away.
    BHE was a 2 day event. Was tiring, but interesting. Did everything right; but did not get the final offer. Still don't know what were they looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2011.

I had applied online and I was offered a phone interview. It was a standard behavioral interview. I prepared for the interview with help from my college career website. I will advise everyone to give a sufficient amount of time for the interview, at least 5-6 hours. Behavioral interviews look easy but they are not.