Baker Hughes

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

I was recommended by another employee, so I reached out to the hiring manager directly. After an initial phone conversation, I applied online to the position with the understanding that the hiring manager would bring me in for an interview once my application was processed. Transportation to and from my previous city was provided, as was lunch at the interview location.

On location I interviewed with the hiring manager and another manager with whom I would be working closely. Since I was already employed with the company, the interviews consisted more of getting to know me personally with a slight review of my work history focusing on my most recent position. They were also interested in my future career plans as they were hoping this role would serve as a development opportunity for someone who would stay with the company long-term.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate, and I was able to get a higher offer. Typically salary will be the only negotiating point as benefits and vacation time are fairly fixed (with the exception being an external hire who already had more vacation time than the offer contained). In my case, I noted the difference in taxes between my old location and the new location and was able to get an additional amount to cover the increase in taxes.