Baker Hughes Graduate Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Applied through Baker Hughes website, then was contacted by phone/email for an interview with HR after 1week. The questions were really broad/repetitive. I did not like how the interviewer sounded extremely uninterested and kept repeating "okay, next question" without any interaction. Also kept asking for a "technical" example, and when I did answer, the interviewer seemed to not understand anything.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a technical problem you faced, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

First phone interview was about degree, gpa, and resident status.

Second phone interview consisted of 9 questions with a time limit of 3min for each question. 7 questions had 4 sub sections. What was the issue? What action did you take? Were there any barriers? What was your learning outcome?

The last two questions was why do you want to work for Baker Hughes and "Is there anything else I should know to why you are a good candidate"?

*I have a physics degree which is along the same lines as a engineering degree..... You will get a phone interview with a science related degree, but don't expect an invitation to BHE* If you have gotten offer through this route please leave a comment

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

After Applying online I had to wait nearly a month before the company actually got back to me. When they did I was scheduled for a second round interview. The interview was about 45mins long and consisted of behavioral questions. Why do you want to work at baker hughes? Give me an example of a time when....etc. After the interview I was notified that my application would be mover forward to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Applied online in May 2014, was called two days later to set up a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was scheduled for a week later and consisted of behavioral questions. There were 9 questions total. The first seven had 5 subsections, which the interview asked immediately after the main question but would not repeat, so you had to write them down very quickly to be able to answer them. The interviewer was very nice. Got an email 30 minutes after the interview saying I passed and I would have a follow up within a month about a potential second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used your technical skills to solve a problem without supervision.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

I sent my CV on the web site.
    A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
    then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
    questions:
    they where all about positive things.
    -when you acted as a leader
    -worked in a group
    -your best achievement
    -why baker hughes
    -hire you
    -successful situation
    -when you used your technical skills

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Questions
    • Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

1. Met with Baker Hughes representatives at campus job fair and made interview appointment on the spot but still had to apply online.
    2. One on one interview with three behavior questions. Was fairly easy.
    3. Waited a week or so and got email for invitation to Baker Hughes Experience (BHE).
    4. BHE lasted for two days and consisted of various assessments to see how one interacts with others. Everyone is assessed constantly for the entire two days.
    5. Presentation on last day and was asked to list preference on product line and locations.
    6. Couple days later was offered a job with second choice on product line and location.

Interview Questions
    • One on one and panel interview consisted of behavior questions and nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied through the website, and received a phone interview with them. They called me when I was unavailable, and left me a voice message. I called back, and they were unavailable. They then called me the next day, setting up a phone interview 2 hours later. The notice was too short, and left me unable to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you applied your technical knowledge outside of schol?   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

I applied online for a recent graduate training program. Within three days, a recruiter called me asking for a phone screening interview the next week. The recruiter called me on time as scheduled, had a very warm personality, and was encouraging. The interview consisted of four behavioral-technical questions that were very straightforward. Now I am waiting to hear back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used your technical skills to solve a problem.
      Tell me about a time that you used your leadership skills to accomplish a goal.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from this mistake?
      Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish a goal that used your technical skills. How did it relate to your studies?
        Answer Question