Baker Hughes Graduate Field Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

51 interviews

2.8

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2011.

I applied online and received a call within a few hours to set-up a phone interview, which was scheduled for about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was about 40 mins for me. She first asked me to identify myself by giving my school, major, cumulative GPA, graduation date, and if I needed work sponsorship. Then the behavioral part began. There were 9 questions, each with multiple parts. She could repeat the main question, but not the parts of the main question. So have something to write with/on during the interview. The parts of each question were similar though. They were like: what was the task/situation at hand, what problems did you have, what actions did you take, what was the outcome, what did you learn, what how did you apply that to other situations. The first three questions were about technical problems: give an example a technical problem you worked on that you had to apply your technical knowledge to, give an example of a difficult technical problem you solved, give an example of a complex technical problem in which you had no supervision. The next three were team-oriented: give an example of a time you worked as a team member to solve a problem, give an example of a time you made a positive difference as a leader of a team, give an example of a time you had to address a conflict as team leader. Last question with multiple parts was give an example of a time you set a challenging goal for yourself. The last two didn't have parts, and they were give 3 reasons you want to work for Baker Hughes, and lastly, tell me anything else about yourself that you think I should know. Then she asked if I had any questions, and told me she would contact me in 5 days about my result.

Interview Questions
  • I had trouble thinking time I worked on a complex technical problem in which I had no supervision   View Answers (3)

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Employee  in  Italy, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Italy, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

I sent my CV on the web site.
    A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
    then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
    questions:
    they where all about positive things.
    -when you acted as a leader
    -worked in a group
    -your best achievement
    -why baker hughes
    -hire you
    -successful situation
    -when you used your technical skills

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Applied online in May 2014, was called two days later to set up a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was scheduled for a week later and consisted of behavioral questions. There were 9 questions total. The first seven had 5 subsections, which the interview asked immediately after the main question but would not repeat, so you had to write them down very quickly to be able to answer them. The interviewer was very nice. Got an email 30 minutes after the interview saying I passed and I would have a follow up within a month about a potential second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used your technical skills to solve a problem without supervision.   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Applied through Baker Hughes website, then was contacted by phone/email for an interview with HR after 1week. The questions were really broad/repetitive. I did not like how the interviewer sounded extremely uninterested and kept repeating "okay, next question" without any interaction. Also kept asking for a "technical" example, and when I did answer, the interviewer seemed to not understand anything.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a technical problem you faced, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

After Applying online I had to wait nearly a month before the company actually got back to me. When they did I was scheduled for a second round interview. The interview was about 45mins long and consisted of behavioral questions. Why do you want to work at baker hughes? Give me an example of a time when....etc. After the interview I was notified that my application would be mover forward to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

First phone interview was about degree, gpa, and resident status.

Second phone interview consisted of 9 questions with a time limit of 3min for each question. 7 questions had 4 sub sections. What was the issue? What action did you take? Were there any barriers? What was your learning outcome?

The last two questions was why do you want to work for Baker Hughes and "Is there anything else I should know to why you are a good candidate"?

*I have a physics degree which is along the same lines as a engineering degree..... You will get a phone interview with a science related degree, but don't expect an invitation to BHE* If you have gotten offer through this route please leave a comment

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Questions
    • Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Applied through my University website for the Graduate Field Engineer position. Got a response a couple weeks later and was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple more weeks after that. The interview was one-on-one with a company representative and consisted entirely of behavior questions (e.g. "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for Baker Hughes", "describe a time..."). After the interview I was told the company would follow up within a week to let me know if I would be accepted for an on-site interview. By the end of the week I was contacted and told that I had not been selected for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic behavior questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Applied via school's career center. Received an offer for an interview via email. 2 interviewers asking mainly behavioral questions. One was an engineer while another was more business focused. They said they would contact us within 1 week after the interview whether or not we would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to work against a deadline. Tell me a time you applied your skills to solve a problem. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

1. Met with Baker Hughes representatives at campus job fair and made interview appointment on the spot but still had to apply online.
    2. One on one interview with three behavior questions. Was fairly easy.
    3. Waited a week or so and got email for invitation to Baker Hughes Experience (BHE).
    4. BHE lasted for two days and consisted of various assessments to see how one interacts with others. Everyone is assessed constantly for the entire two days.
    5. Presentation on last day and was asked to list preference on product line and locations.
    6. Couple days later was offered a job with second choice on product line and location.

Interview Questions
    • One on one and panel interview consisted of behavior questions and nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!