Baker Hughes Graduate Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

3.2

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Employee in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Egypt, AR).

Interview

Iam from egypt and i received an invitation for a digital interview on the begining of december after two weeks i recived a mail says that i have passed the intial interview and i have to wait for the next step
    That was from a month but i didnot listen from them since this mail.
    Any one have details about what will happen in egypt for this position?

Interview Questions

• 9 questions all talking about situation you have passed through   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I applied online and submit my application, week later got and email for and interview through HireVue.
    It was around 30 mins for a pre-set questions mostly of behavior type question and it was my first experience for a webcam interview.
    it was 9 questions 30 seconds to read and prepare 3 minutes to answer
    i didn't get a reply so far. Good luck for everyone and wish me luck!

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Recieved an email telling me to take the Hirevue interview (webcam based) within one week. The questions were standard questions.. describe a technical situatuion, leadership situation, money deadline situation etc and how you approaced them as well as what you learned from them. I was then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience a couple days later . Havent been to the BHE yet.. but the interview is a littte awkward so just enjoy it and give your best answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance in which yiu had to use your technical skills to solve a problem   4 Answers

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I originally applied online and was asked a few weeks later to do a video interview on HireVue. The interview was 9 questions with about 4 of them being essentially the same question with different variations: give an example of when you had to solve a technical problem, difficulties you had, timeline, what would you do differently etc. I was then contacted about a week later to go to Houston, TX for the Baker Hughes Experience. At the end of the two day experience I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a part fail and how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

video interview on HireVu, normal question as mentioned . questions about background experience in proplems solving, group work, Leadership. still waiting for next steps
    The process may take a lot of time. So focus first on Video interview and try to show your experience either in your studies or your work experience.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I applied through the website. After about a month I did an online interview. They basically ask you the same questions over and over. You are expected to answer a chain of questions in 3 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a real problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Impersonal HireView video where you answer prerecorded questions which are exactly like those that have been posted. 10 questions. If they like your recorded interview, they'll fly you to the Baker Hughes Experience (they accept 2% of their interviewed applicants). At this point, you still don't have the job. You go through 2 days of grueling tests and activities that will take you out of your element. Prepare to be very assertive, and prepare to go on a really bad week (I had 4 exams to take right after the event). You go to a beautiful hotel and you are fed steak, chicken, fish, and really good breakfast; you eat like a kings. Use the time wisely to mingle with the hiring managers, and know something about the product lines. Petroleum engineers will have a strong advantage, but only ONE of the petroleum engineers with us was hired. There were 16 engineering students; chemical, petroleum, mechanical, civil, structural, electrical, etc, and then there was me, the one physics major. After the experience you sit in a room with everyone for over an hour being called in one by one to find out if we have been selected. Very nerve racking. You still aren't done though. There is a HAIR drug test (can't be beat) and an extensive background test, IF you make it past the BHE and are picked. More than half of us flown to Houston were given offers. You will be able to select a few choice locations and jobs, they'll decide what's right for you. The offer is very good with a potential sign on (relocation) bonus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Your job is chosen for you; however the more you mingle with the hiring manager of the product line you WANT, the better your chances of getting into that field. You mingle during eating times, and remember....they aren't there to eat. Just ask good questions.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through Baker Hughes website, then was contacted by phone/email for an interview with HR after 1week. The questions were really broad/repetitive. I did not like how the interviewer sounded extremely uninterested and kept repeating "okay, next question" without any interaction. Also kept asking for a "technical" example, and when I did answer, the interviewer seemed to not understand anything.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a technical problem you faced, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Italy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Italy, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I sent my CV on the web site.
    A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
    then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
    questions:
    they where all about positive things.
    -when you acted as a leader
    -worked in a group
    -your best achievement
    -why baker hughes
    -hire you
    -successful situation
    -when you used your technical skills

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   1 Answer