Baker Hughes

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Question – Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my University website for the Graduate Field Engineer position. Got a response a couple weeks later and was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple more weeks after that. The interview was one-on-one with a company representative and consisted entirely of behavior questions (e.g. "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for Baker Hughes", "describe a time..."). After the interview I was told the company would follow up within a week to let me know if I would be accepted for an on-site interview. By the end of the week I was contacted and told that I had not been selected for the on-site interview.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty generic behavior questions.   View Answer

UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via school's career center. Received an offer for an interview via email. 2 interviewers asking mainly behavioral questions. One was an engineer while another was more business focused. They said they would contact us within 1 week after the interview whether or not we would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to work against a deadline. Tell me a time you applied your skills to solve a problem. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – 1. Met with Baker Hughes representatives at campus job fair and made interview appointment on the spot but still had to apply online.
2. One on one interview with three behavior questions. Was fairly easy.
3. Waited a week or so and got email for invitation to Baker Hughes Experience (BHE).
4. BHE lasted for two days and consisted of various assessments to see how one interacts with others. Everyone is assessed constantly for the entire two days.
5. Presentation on last day and was asked to list preference on product line and locations.
6. Couple days later was offered a job with second choice on product line and location.

Interview Question – One on one and panel interview consisted of behavior questions and nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for a recent graduate training program. Within three days, a recruiter called me asking for a phone screening interview the next week. The recruiter called me on time as scheduled, had a very warm personality, and was encouraging. The interview consisted of four behavioral-technical questions that were very straightforward. Now I am waiting to hear back from the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you used your technical skills to solve a problem.
Tell me about a time that you used your leadership skills to accomplish a goal.
Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from this mistake?
Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish a goal that used your technical skills. How did it relate to your studies?
  Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – I applied through the website, and received a phone interview with them. They called me when I was unavailable, and left me a voice message. I called back, and they were unavailable. They then called me the next day, setting up a phone interview 2 hours later. The notice was too short, and left me unable to prepare.

Interview Question – What was a time you applied your technical knowledge outside of schol?   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke to the company's representatives at career fair and got an appointment for 1st round of interview on campus the next day. I am still awaiting the outcome of this.

Just 4 behavioral questions:
-Tell me when you had to work against a deadline
-Tell me when you applied your skills to solve a problem
-Tell me when you had to work with a difficult colleague
-Tell me when you made a mistake, what you learnt from it and how you improved it

and 4 preference questions
-what countries do you have a work permit?
-What languages do you speak?
-Which other companies do you applkied to?
-What questions do you have for us?

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected at the first stage of the interview   Answer Question

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details – 1st round: application screening. In this round, you need a strong background in engineering.
2nd round: phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions. They want to understand more about you. They asked the achievements I have gained in the past. Some difficulties that I have faced and how to solve them.
3rd: BH Experience Trip (2 days).

Interview Question – In BH Experience Days, I was tested all skills from general engineer knowledge to soft skills (such as team work, problem solving, debate, ect.)   View Answers (2)

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was good. Started with an info session the previous day. Followed by the actual interview the next day. It was a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever encountered a technical problem during your research work.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and took a quick assessment, which I assume was to make sure I was competent. I got a phone interview, and it seemed to go really well. It's been nearly two and a half months later, and about three weeks ago, I emailed asking for an update. I was told that there was no new information on the job, but I was still being considered and that I'd be contacted further. Just seems like a pretty lengthy process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes Graduate Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.