Baker Hughes

Updated Jan 10, 2015

3.1

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

After Applying online I had to wait nearly a month before the company actually got back to me. When they did I was scheduled for a second round interview. The interview was about 45mins long and consisted of behavioral questions. Why do you want to work at baker hughes? Give me an example of a time when....etc. After the interview I was notified that my application would be mover forward to the second round.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Applied online in May 2014, was called two days later to set up a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was scheduled for a week later and consisted of behavioral questions. There were 9 questions total. The first seven had 5 subsections, which the interview asked immediately after the main question but would not repeat, so you had to write them down very quickly to be able to answer them. The interviewer was very nice. Got an email 30 minutes after the interview saying I passed and I would have a follow up within a month about a potential second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used your technical skills to solve a problem without supervision.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Questions
    • Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

1. Met with Baker Hughes representatives at campus job fair and made interview appointment on the spot but still had to apply online.
    2. One on one interview with three behavior questions. Was fairly easy.
    3. Waited a week or so and got email for invitation to Baker Hughes Experience (BHE).
    4. BHE lasted for two days and consisted of various assessments to see how one interacts with others. Everyone is assessed constantly for the entire two days.
    5. Presentation on last day and was asked to list preference on product line and locations.
    6. Couple days later was offered a job with second choice on product line and location.

Interview Questions
    • One on one and panel interview consisted of behavior questions and nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied through the website, and received a phone interview with them. They called me when I was unavailable, and left me a voice message. I called back, and they were unavailable. They then called me the next day, setting up a phone interview 2 hours later. The notice was too short, and left me unable to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you applied your technical knowledge outside of schol?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Applied via school's career center. Received an offer for an interview via email. 2 interviewers asking mainly behavioral questions. One was an engineer while another was more business focused. They said they would contact us within 1 week after the interview whether or not we would be invited to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had to work against a deadline. Tell me a time you applied your skills to solve a problem. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

Applied through my University website for the Graduate Field Engineer position. Got a response a couple weeks later and was scheduled for an on-campus interview a couple more weeks after that. The interview was one-on-one with a company representative and consisted entirely of behavior questions (e.g. "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for Baker Hughes", "describe a time..."). After the interview I was told the company would follow up within a week to let me know if I would be accepted for an on-site interview. By the end of the week I was contacted and told that I had not been selected for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic behavior questions.   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2013.

I applied online for a recent graduate training program. Within three days, a recruiter called me asking for a phone screening interview the next week. The recruiter called me on time as scheduled, had a very warm personality, and was encouraging. The interview consisted of four behavioral-technical questions that were very straightforward. Now I am waiting to hear back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used your technical skills to solve a problem.
      Tell me about a time that you used your leadership skills to accomplish a goal.
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What did you learn from this mistake?
      Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish a goal that used your technical skills. How did it relate to your studies?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2013.

Spoke to the company's representatives at career fair and got an appointment for 1st round of interview on campus the next day. I am still awaiting the outcome of this.

Just 4 behavioral questions:
    -Tell me when you had to work against a deadline
    -Tell me when you applied your skills to solve a problem
    -Tell me when you had to work with a difficult colleague
    -Tell me when you made a mistake, what you learnt from it and how you improved it

and 4 preference questions
    -what countries do you have a work permit?
    -What languages do you speak?
    -Which other companies do you applkied to?
    -What questions do you have for us?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected at the first stage of the interview   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

1st round: application screening. In this round, you need a strong background in engineering.
    2nd round: phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions. They want to understand more about you. They asked the achievements I have gained in the past. Some difficulties that I have faced and how to solve them.
    3rd: BH Experience Trip (2 days).

Interview Questions
    • In BH Experience Days, I was tested all skills from general engineer knowledge to soft skills (such as team work, problem solving, debate, ect.)   View Answers (2)