Baker Hughes

3.2

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2013.

1. Phone interview: mostly behavior questions (difficult teammember, favorite subject and why, etc.)
    2. Webcam interview: PRACTICE! It was definitley weirder to talk to my laptop than an actual person. I was thrown off by some questions but most were similar to the phone interview.

RDS Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

The first round interview was by phone. Only behavior/personality questions were asked.

The second round was Baker Hughes Experience as on-site interview. We were asked to prepare a technical presentation two or three days ahead. We arrived the hotel on the first day and had dinner together with hiring managers. Managers stayed at each table around half an hour so that you had chance to talk to each of them. Try to be ACTIVE to make good first impressions and managers would remember you. After dinner, we did a logic exam individually in about 1 hour and a case study in groups. No body was watching you on the case study and there was no time limit.

Be sure to sleep early 'cause the second day started early at 6am. They drove us to one of their offices to have breakfast. There were more managers coming to talk about positions they were trying to fill in. After that, we did 4 case studies in groups in one and half hour. Five of us in one group had 15 min in total to present our work, including the first case we did at the first night. After a lunch break, we gave presentations one by one. In the end, a plant tour was given.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was quite intensive. I could hardly contribute to the parts beyond my specialty. How to balance the time with teamwork was the major dilemma for me.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

First Round: 30 minute on campus interview, behavioral interview with situational questions, low stress, fairly easy nothing difficult or out of the ordinary.

Second Round interview: "BH experience" flown to Houston on BH's dime. arrive for dinner and get to know you, wake up next day with the start at 6:15 am presentations and case studies all day with breaks for lunch and bathroom. 12 some managers to 22 some applicants so high ratio. managers are always watching you always taking notes.

Offer: let you know within 48 hours

Interview Questions
    • level of finance knowledge needed for case study   View Answer
    Non-negotiable salary, negotiation on housing

Electrical Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2012.

After my first interview I was selected for a second and final round interview in Houston, Texas. I was one of 15 selected. The second round interview was a 3 day event. The first day was a network event followed by a test on Myan mathematics, we had to learn the rules of the Myan number system and then do math with it. The next day consisted of an overview of the company and their business as well as meeting with hiring managers. There was a difficult case study on drilling where groups of three would be given 1 hour to asses a case and explain what engineering methods and steps were taken to meet their constraints. The final day consisted of a tour, powerpoint presentation and a series of hand on experiements: assembling mechanical parts, chemical tests, electical analysis etc...We were all told that we would be contacted within days to see if we got an offer or not. I was never contacted, was not given an offer or rejection. After several unanswered e-mails inquiring about my status I stopped contacting Bake Hughes, it was very unprofessinal of them to at least not give me a rejection letter.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2012.

I applied online and then got the phone interview a month later.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Very simple behavorial phone interview, and then getting called out to Houston for their BHE, they are WATCHING YOU THE ENTIRE TIME. So don't think you can just screw around...since they don't have 1-1 interviews.

Very good company to work for though.

Interview Questions
    Pretty solid base pay...very good compared to other companies.

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2012.

The interview was pretty straight forward. It consisted of a couple behavioral questions. My interviewer read them straight from a sheet of paper and took notes of all of my answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where a coworker did something dishonest and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2012.

First interview was very formal with mostly behavioral questions.
    Takes a very long time for them to inform you about making second round. Took me over 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you had to overcome in school and how does it relate to this job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2012.

Brief phone screen with a recruiter followed by an hour phone interview with the hiring manager. It was a long distance interview process, so after the phone interview they flew me in for an in-person. A verbal offer was made and the written offer 4 days after.

Interview Questions
    • We did a lot of discussing the project & challenges, but the questions didn't seem too complicated or like they were trying to trip me up.   Answer Question
    The HR rep handling my interview phase handled the negotiation. It moved pretty quickly and was settled within a few days.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I got this interview from applying on the website. There were about 22 of us on the day that we all met up in Houston to have the 'Baker Hughes Experience'. It was basically two days that consisted of doing a team project, a technical power point of whatever subject you picked, a packet full of questions that you solved in teams and then presented to everyone. There was no actual single one on one interview.