Baker Hughes

Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.2

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

she adviced me to do masters in texas a & m university , a good school. 10 questions. know about baker hughes and why you want to work for them. The interview process was about 40minutes

Systems Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Dropped my resume with the career fair. Received a phone interview after spring break. Afterwards, I was offered an office visit. All expenses paid. At the office visit, the first night included a dinner where you got to know different hiring managers. The next day, each candidate made a five minute presentation about themselves. There was Q&A after the presentation. Following lunch, we had a group case project. The next day we were notified.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You had a week to reply.

RDD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Baker Hughes experience for 1 day in a hotel where you need to give presentation about yourself and then a group taskis given

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Applied online and was contacted to fix a telephone interview date. Did the telephone interview. Questions included:
    Why do you want to work here?
    Tell me a time you were faced with a technical difficulty, how did you overcome it and what did you learn?
    What course did you like most in college and why?
    Moved to the Bakers Hughes experience stage

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical difficulty and how you handled it?   View Answer

RDD Engineer- Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2012.

Had telephonic interview and was called to onsite procurement process they call Baker Hughes experience.
    telephonic was all technical and about the research I work on. Onsite was nothing like interview. We were supposed to give a presentation and then work on a group project. The managers observe you through out the process .. you have to take initiative to talk to managers.

Interview Questions
    • You have to prepare a presentation which is told mostly after your reach there   Answer Question

MWD LWD Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

After applying for the position I recieved a phone call from a recruiter and asked me basic questions. Day later I had a phone interview with an engineer from baker hughes. About a week later I received an email that I had been selected to go Houston for a panel interview. Interview was in front of four people and questions asked were related to my experience and what was on my resume. Laid back atmosphere during the interview and it seemed like to me that they wanted to know if I would be ready for rigorous lifestyle the job would demand.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

The interview was long. We were given no itinerary. First we had to draw a picture and tell about our selves. Hiring managers were behind making notes as you spoke. Then a lot of information. Had all meals with different hiring managers. We had about 35 people and was very hard to communicate with managers. At the end of the night, they wanted us to give another presentation about "what we learned" the next morning at 7 am. we only had about 2.5 hours to sleep that night.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

applied for intern engineering position &was calked for 30mins interview and got an invitation for baker hugges experience.i dont know what to expect from it

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Scheduled on-campus interview through university's career services office. Was later contacted that they would be unable to come to campus, and asked me to schedule a phone interview instead. Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to work for Baker Hughes. Received e-mail follow-up several days later informing me that I would not be accepted.

Directory Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

I started out as a contractor, doing whatever jobs that were requested of me. I showed enough potential they informed me that the position i was contracted to fill was going to be posted. I applied for the position as soon as it was available. I went throught the normal external application proccess. I was contacted by HR for a first run interview by phone. that went well and i was passed on to the next phase, which ended up being a 2 on 1 interview with the manager and a peer. The interview itself was O.K., however the questions were reaching the limits of my expertise. A few weeks after the interview, I was given an offer via phone call from HR and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    The only negotiation that was done was to keep my contractor pay rate, as I was not willing to take a pay cut to go permanent.