Baker Hughes Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Exploratory interview - they were hiring for a bunch of positions at the time I interviewed. 5 hour interview with different departments. Interviewers were predominantly interested in how you sold yourself rather than poking you for field-specific skills. Can be good or bad based on what you want out of the job. At that time, I just needed a job and was not very keen on understanding what the company had to offer. Field-specific questions can mean that the company is a well-structured, analytical company. If there is less of it, one could interpret that the people in there themselves do not have clear idea of what they are hiring you for.

Interview Questions

• Very generic, few technical questions, friendly interviewers.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Went over the job responsibilities of the position and what they were looking for. The interview went well and I was told they would get back with me when a position became available.

Interview Questions

• Basic overview of my work experience.   1 Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

BHE. Nothing difficult, they give some assessments. Then interview why you want to work at Baker Hughes. Last day has a group presentation. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually really easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the O&G service industry?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Normal, few hard questions, explain your skills and experience, typical what are your weaknesses. where do you see yourself in 5-10 years. What are your goals going forward

Interview Questions

• What values you would bring to the organization   1 Answer

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

They wanted to know what I knew about the oil industry since I was new to the industry, and they wanted to know how in depth my computer knowledge was. Based on my answers they placed me at level that met my experience. If I had experience with coding I would've have been placed higher. Overall it was an easy informal interview making sure I could easily hold a conversation and be comfortable with my computer literacy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with programming languages?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through contractor.

Senior Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email that Baker Hughes recruiter had been trying to contact me about my application. I returned their call and they scheduled a phone interview. I had my phone interview which was fairly straight forward and simple then another one of their recruiting managers scheduled my face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was then contacted by the hiring manager to schedule the interview himself, I met with him and the two other managers involved with the position for a panel face to face interview. Questions were in-depth and detailed but overall not a bad experience. All managers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would I be a good fit for a planner position.   1 Answer

Graduate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Digital Interview Process. They recorded the questions and you record your answers via an application. You have 30 seconds before answering and 3 mins to answer each questions. There were 9 questions in total, 3 of them were conventional interview questions. Those 3 questions were: "Why would you be a good fit for this job?", "Why should we hire you?", "Do you want to add something about yourself/ or do you have any questions?" It takes 20-30 mins. Focus on behavioral questions. One of them was similar to this: "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your coworker, what was the situation?, what did you do to solve the problem?, what was the result?, would you handle it differently now?".

Interview Questions

• There were many behavioral interview questions. They were not difficult but I did not expect that many behavioral questions. Questions were in the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. For instance, they asked "How can you handle different tasks at the same time if you have limited budget and time? Give an example from your experience. Did you need additional assistance for the task?" etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair and followed up with email... got link to a one way online interview (answer prerecorded questions via web cam). Simple behavioral questions, but generally too long to answer in 3 minutes example, tell me of a time you had you did not meet deadline, what was situation, what deadline missed, what happened, conclusions, what did you learn, what would you do differently next time. Note after question is asked, you get 30 seconds to think and then respond. also you can pause/break or some time (1 or 2 minutes) between questions, that is right after you answer a question but before you click to view the next one. Do the practice questions to get a better understanding of what to expect, you can do as many as you want anyways, you will get different ones during the interview.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was two days and had to do a group process building a toy oil rig, building firing heads and other things. Have a lot of enthusiasm and speak up

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

called by screener to check interest and availability, then recruiter for 45 min phone screen, then live interview w hiring manager. the time between the screener and recruiting call was about a week, followed by about 10 day wait to hear back and schedule f2f. HR was engaged and responsive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they asked what I wanted for compensation, I told them and they met my requirements.