Baker Hughes Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

3.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I started my hiring process with Baker Hughes at a career fair. Things went well with the employees there, and I was able to get an on campus interview a few days later after going to a Baker Hughes information session. The second round of interviews was a video interview. This interview consisted of answering prerecorded questions, it was NOT a live interview.

Interview Questions
  • The questions for the internship were very standard, but answering to just a camera and not a live or even skyped audience was somewhat uncomfortalbe   View Answers (2)
For the internship there was not much room for negotiation at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Got a face to face interview on campus after the career fair at school.

Intern Interview

I had a first round interview on campus, which was fairly informal with a mixture of resume questions as well as behavioral questions. After hearing positive feedback, they invite me down to Houston for their day long assessment. We had to give a presentation in front of the other 50-100 engineers there about our selves as well as work on a mini project.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Went through campus recruiting
    First round - in person interview
    Second round - video interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, typical behavioral based questions. One asked about a problem I faced, how I solved it, and then asked for an alternative solution to the problem.   Answer Question

Another job opportunity came up.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Met at career fair and had on campus interview the next day. On campus interview was behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Hiring process had 4 rounds of interviews. two in the college and 2 onsite. It also includes doing a group activity that tests your aptitude and problem solving skills. Its a very elobrate process and very few are chosen every year. I heard that they take only 25 interns at most every year after interviewing candidates all over america

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Scheduled on-campus interview through university's career services office. Was later contacted that they would be unable to come to campus, and asked me to schedule a phone interview instead. Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to work for Baker Hughes. Received e-mail follow-up several days later informing me that I would not be accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

typical phone interview, asked basic "how did you react in this situation" kind of questions, and then they flew me down to houston with 20 other canidates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

I did apply for an graduate intern position through BKI Career website; got the phone interview email immediately. All the questions were behavioral; interview was over in 25 mins. Called couple of times till May 2012 for the outcome; no response!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

attend the baker hughes experiance. Very competitive and difficult to receive an offer. Not a good place to start if you are a sophomore or have a lack of work experience. However it is a great company if you are able to get the internship. However I do not recommend this if you have no previous work experience as you will probably not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • presentation about yourself and what you can bring to the company infront of all other 30 intern applicants and upper level management.   Answer Question