Baker Hughes Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

They invite you into an all day process/interview with other candidates. Here you have to deliver a presentation on your background, education, work experience and what you know about the oil/gas industry.
They then tell you right after the day if you receive an internship or not which is a lot of pressure. They tell you that at the beginning of the day. Also, you do a group case and present to the group of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been given a case interview question? What was it? How did you solve it? What did you use to come up with your final answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Baker Hughes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

You apply, then do a phone interview, then they fly you to Houston where you do a presentation over yourself and do a group/panel interview for 12hrs straight. I had a offer by the time they sent me home.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to lie about hours so a rig could stay in operation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

First Round was 1:1 at the university campus
    Second round was in Houston,Texas in a Hotel along with other candidates

Interview Questions

• About past work experience?   Answer Question
    • How will you apply torque on your pen?   1 Answer
    • In second round, you are asked to make a ppt beforehand on some topic and present it there on the day of interview, then there are some group activities and at last a panel interview   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 3-4 monthes. The phone interview was 30 minutes and about 9 questions. Basically: teamworking, problem solving, achievment, the tricky one about software knowledge

Interview Questions

• Why BH? Give us 3 main reasons.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview

Intern Interview

Interview

First telephone interview took 30 minutes and involved behavioural questions. The second took 50 min and involved mainly technical. All behavioural questions you can find on glassdoor.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taman Universiti (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Taman Universiti (Malaysia)) in April 2013.

Interview

I apply by submitting the resume to the third party (organizer of career carnival at my university). Two weeks later, I received call and e-mail to attend the interview. Only one interviewer come to interview me. The person actually not from HR department, but an engineer but nothing technical question had been asked. The interview took about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What have you learned during your academic studies that you can apply to real life situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was only 30 minutes and mainly behavioral. Applied online through my school and got a confirmation email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and another person had conflicting ideas. How did you resolve the matter?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview

Baker Hughes recruited at my school and after talking to an HR person at the career fair I was invited to an info session. I attended and was then invited for an interview. After a week past the interview date, I got an email inviting me to a Baker Hughes Experience which is a much longer in depth interview in Houston, TX. There were about 30 other candidates. We had to work in groups and present a case study then individually we presented our own presentation for 10 minutes. Afterwards, we found out who was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on a difficult project with a group and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview

Did a phone number first, basic behavioral question. After you pass that round they send you down to a location with other candidates where you have to do a presentation over yourself, and a case study. Make sure you talk to managers because that is probably where most of the jobs come from.