Baker Hughes

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   View Answers (4)

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2014.

I submitted my resume online. The next day, I received an email telling me that I got the interview. It was a digital interview, powered by HireVue. And there was a deadline, which was one week later. I did the interview before the deadline. There were 9 questions and each question allowed you 3 min to answer. 1. Describe a technical problem you solved? 2. Describe a problem which has a deadline? 3. Describe a time where you had to set a goal for yourself? 4. Technical task you solved, what was the outcome, what steps you used, how did you solve it, what lesson you learned? 5. Leadership situation? 6. A situation which your ideas was not agreed with others, what did you do? 7. A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work? 8. Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes? 9. Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    • A situation old method doesn't work, new solutions work?   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Recieved an email telling me to take the Hirevue interview (webcam based) within one week. The questions were standard questions.. describe a technical situatuion, leadership situation, money deadline situation etc and how you approaced them as well as what you learned from them. I was then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience a couple days later . Havent been to the BHE yet.. but the interview is a littte awkward so just enjoy it and give your best answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a instance in which yiu had to use your technical skills to solve a problem   View Answers (4)

Field Engineer Interview

I first made contact with Baker Hughes by speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair. They were not accepting resumes and I was told to apply online. I went online and submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript.

A week later, I was sent an invitation for an online interview in which I recorded answers to a series of questions. The question was shown, 30 seconds of prep time was given, and then 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions asked had to do with how you have dealt with situations in the past, examples of leadership or teamwork, and why you are interested in Baker.

About a week later, I was sent an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience. It was a great two day experience which you learn a lot of about the company while the hiring managers watch how you work on different assessments and group projects. You let them know what segment you would like to work in and where.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to use your technical background to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I originally applied online and was asked a few weeks later to do a video interview on HireVue. The interview was 9 questions with about 4 of them being essentially the same question with different variations: give an example of when you had to solve a technical problem, difficulties you had, timeline, what would you do differently etc. I was then contacted about a week later to go to Houston, TX for the Baker Hughes Experience. At the end of the two day experience I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had a part fail and how did you deal with it?   View Answers (2)

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied online and submit my application, week later got and email for and interview through HireVue.
    It was around 30 mins for a pre-set questions mostly of behavior type question and it was my first experience for a webcam interview.
    it was 9 questions 30 seconds to read and prepare 3 minutes to answer
    i didn't get a reply so far. Good luck for everyone and wish me luck!

Supply Chain Interview

The Baker Hughes Experience was such a joke and waste of time. The whole experience was very cutthroat; it included debating in front of the panel, drawing a crest, and other non relevant activities. It was unbearable to watch people throw each other under the bus throughout the whole interview. I am glad I did not get an offer because it became clear what kind of culture BH has. The interviewers never even interviewed you, they just sat at the back and watched for their star candidates. I accepted a different offer from a company that values hard work, relevant work experience, intelligence, and skills.

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question
    No need. They take care of you.

RDD Engineer I Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Video interview, then the Baker Hughes Experience. The baker Hughes experience was schedule so the first night was a dinner with the managers. The second day there were two main assessments. The assembly and tools assessment and the case study assessment. Verbal offers were given at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Test assessments with a math test, assembly and tools test, and a case study   Answer Question