Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I started my hiring process with Baker Hughes at a career fair. Things went well with the employees there, and I was able to get an on campus interview a few days later after going to a Baker Hughes information session. The second round of interviews was a video interview. This interview consisted of answering prerecorded questions, it was NOT a live interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for the internship were very standard, but answering to just a camera and not a live or even skyped audience was somewhat uncomfortalbe   Answer Question
    For the internship there was not much room for negotiation at all.

Wireline Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Odessa, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2014.

I applied through the corporate website. Initial contact from the company took approximately 3-4 weeks after online application submission. I then got call requesting a phone interview which took place immediately. This was very brief and basic. Basic job information. Basic questions verifying my information from the application was correct. The recruiter then scheduled a tentative F2F interview with the hiring supervisor and confirmed this appointment 2 days later.

F2F interview was very comfortable and relaxed. It was conducted by the direct supervisor of the position and the departmental manager. They told me I was overqualified for the position and under-qualified for the other positions they were seeking to fill. I demonstrated that, in that case, I'm the ideal candidate since I would progress quickly from the lower level position offered to the higher level positions they were seeking to fill. The atmosphere was conversational as opposed to interrogative and both men were very nice, friendly and honest.

No offer was made on-the-spot directly as it's this company's policy to funnel all offers through the HR department. However, they made it as clear as possible, ethically, that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I got the offer via HR 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was when they told me I was overqualified. If you really want a position, you need to be able and prepared to counter all potential rebuttals or misgivings they may have about you being the right person for the job.   Answer Question
    Entry level position. No negotiation available.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Went thought the BH experience. The first day they had dinner and a few activities. The second day was over 12 hours of group activities and other tests. Just be social.

I took the offer

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Was called about scheduling a phone interview almost immediately after finishing my application. The phone interview was behavioral with pretty standard questions. I thought it went well and after the interview I was emailed saying I passed the initial round. 3 months have passed since then and I haven't heard anything nor have they responded to my email attempts.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about leadership and team-work. Definitely they will ask you to describe an occasion when there was conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2011.

two hiring interviews for all candidates with the needed qualificatoion, who went to school in the us, citizens, permanent residents, internationals, who are interested in outdoor, sometimes harsh conditions type of work, preferrably single in their twenties

Interview Questions
    • What was your best achievement in life so far   View Answer
    Give us your base salary annually and other compensations

AMO Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Promised advancement opportunities
    Promised training for advancement roles
    I was interviewed by multiple people including an HR rep
    I was walked around the plant and show the different processes
    They were willing to answer any questions I had.

Well Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I was initially introduced software that you'd be using. Then they asked standard interview questions like greatest strengths/weaknesses. I then met some other staff members and toured the office. Then I got my parking validated and the hiring manager contacted me for a second interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Several behavioral questions on 2nd interview about older projects.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Claremore, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremore, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I found the hiring process to be very formal and business-like. I was informed of the company's interest and followed-up with pre-interview questions by email. A few days later I had a phone interview with the company's recruiter and again asked the basic interview questions. I ended up getting an in-person interview and to my surprise, I was asked the same canned interview questions and was told from the beginning of the interview, they were looking for the right fit for the position. The entire process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your job. Not a tough question, but after answering it 3 times it become a bit redundant.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Pleasant, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

Prompt contact and scheduled interview by recruiter. Interview was very professional and thorough. We discussed my past experience related to the position I was interviewing for followed by a more detailed overview of the position than what was listed online. Overall, a great experience with a solid company. Currently waiting to be offered a position.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied online and after a couple of weeks received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was exhausting but was mostly general HR questions. Lots of "describe a situation where this or that happened." It was a little impersonal but that was the only complaint I had. After about 3 days I was e-mailed and told I made it past that round and I was welcome to come out for the Baker Hughes Experience. Even though I was one of quite a few people (20-30) there, it was such a great experience. The managers that would eventually hire you were there to talk about the work with them and there were several activities over the two days. All in all I thought it as a great process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem where you solved it on your own.   Answer Question

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!