Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   4 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Went over the job responsibilities of the position and what they were looking for. The interview went well and I was told they would get back with me when a position became available.

Interview Questions

• Basic overview of my work experience.   1 Answer

Field Operator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Was about 4 months long. No communication during the process. Had to call hr constantly to get status updates. Wasn't in the system for a while even after I had a interview with baker Hughes rep.

Interview Questions

• How much oilfield experience do you have?   1 Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

BHE. Nothing difficult, they give some assessments. Then interview why you want to work at Baker Hughes. Last day has a group presentation. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually really easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the O&G service industry?   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Online application then, was the phone interview and after that the HR interview.
    The phone interview had few questions on my electrical projects on power calculation and testing of the PCBAs. The HR interview was just general questions like can I work without the sponsorship in US. When can I get my CPT documents etc

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

referred by a friend in the company. The research topics were directly related to the position applied. The interview was coming very quick after seding out the resume and it was all about behavior questions through a webcam video lasting about 30 minutes. After the interview, waited around 1 week to get the offer by an email from the HR.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Normal, few hard questions, explain your skills and experience, typical what are your weaknesses. where do you see yourself in 5-10 years. What are your goals going forward

Interview Questions

• What values you would bring to the organization   1 Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes (Egypt, AR).

Interview

Iam from egypt and i received an invitation for a digital interview on the begining of december after two weeks i recived a mail says that i have passed the intial interview and i have to wait for the next step
    That was from a month but i didnot listen from them since this mail.
    Any one have details about what will happen in egypt for this position?

Interview Questions

• 9 questions all talking about situation you have passed through   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

They wanted to know what I knew about the oil industry since I was new to the industry, and they wanted to know how in depth my computer knowledge was. Based on my answers they placed me at level that met my experience. If I had experience with coding I would've have been placed higher. Overall it was an easy informal interview making sure I could easily hold a conversation and be comfortable with my computer literacy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with programming languages?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Through contractor.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial video interview. They asked standard questions about leadership experiences, times you worked on a team, talk about a technical task you completed, etc.. They then said they would get back to me in several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulty working with others and what did you do.   Answer Question