Baker Hughes

517 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Geoscientist Interview

Geoscientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Tough but good. Evaluate on more skills than just technical. Involved presentations, tests, pop-interviews, impromptu speeches, and time sensitive tasks. It constantly changes but I know that in general the new hire/college graduate interview process is what I have briefly described.

Interview Question – Nothing too specific just high pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was noe as a college graduate

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a few hours to set-up a phone interview, which was scheduled for about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was about 40 mins for me. She first asked me to identify myself by giving my school, major, cumulative GPA, graduation date, and if I needed work sponsorship. Then the behavioral part began. There were 9 questions, each with multiple parts. She could repeat the main question, but not the parts of the main question. So have something to write with/on during the interview. The parts of each question were similar though. They were like: what was the task/situation at hand, what problems did you have, what actions did you take, what was the outcome, what did you learn, what how did you apply that to other situations. The first three questions were about technical problems: give an example a technical problem you worked on that you had to apply your technical knowledge to, give an example of a difficult technical problem you solved, give an example of a complex technical problem in which you had no supervision. The next three were team-oriented: give an example of a time you worked as a team member to solve a problem, give an example of a time you made a positive difference as a leader of a team, give an example of a time you had to address a conflict as team leader. Last question with multiple parts was give an example of a time you set a challenging goal for yourself. The last two didn't have parts, and they were give 3 reasons you want to work for Baker Hughes, and lastly, tell me anything else about yourself that you think I should know. Then she asked if I had any questions, and told me she would contact me in 5 days about my result.

Interview Question – I had trouble thinking time I worked on a complex technical problem in which I had no supervision   View Answers (2)

Area Procurement Coordinator Interview

Area Procurement Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by 3 different coordinators before I finally got a phone interview with the person hiring for the position. it was pretty disorganized. They said they would schedule me for a face to face and then called me 2 hours before the time they wanted to interview me to see if it would work. but they did agree to a phone interview since I couldn't leave work at the drop of a hat.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, just very hard to interview over the phone.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had a video interview. Majorly general attitude test kind of questions. nothing technical. just as what everybody says, "Tell me the toughest situation you faced " kinda questions. So just try to be calm and collected. attend with a fresh mind and also do practise the test interview few times. each question had 5 minutes and i had 8 questions.

Interview Question – nothing technical. be casual calm and collected. everything is related to how u handled various situations.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Field Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Lengthy and thro on the paper work to even get started. Training is on the job site and is learned at the field .....Does not take time to get a phone call if your even considered to work at this job

Interview Question – What if ?s   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – had an interview a month ago, just typical behavioral questions. asked about previous experiences in a team and how we handled a difficulty. how I used my knowledge to help my team members to overcome that situation.

Interview Question – the questions were basically the same, so it was really confusing that they were kinda repeating themselves.   Answer Question

Italy, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details – I sent my CV on the web site.
A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
questions:
they where all about positive things.
-when you acted as a leader
-worked in a group
-your best achievement
-why baker hughes
-hire you
-successful situation
-when you used your technical skills

Interview Question – tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in May 2014, was called two days later to set up a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was scheduled for a week later and consisted of behavioral questions. There were 9 questions total. The first seven had 5 subsections, which the interview asked immediately after the main question but would not repeat, so you had to write them down very quickly to be able to answer them. The interviewer was very nice. Got an email 30 minutes after the interview saying I passed and I would have a follow up within a month about a potential second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you used your technical skills to solve a problem without supervision.   View Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – One hour phone screen, one hour interview, offer within one week. Director I interviewed with made me feel that she knew me. She had my resume memorized and rarely looked at it. Her questions, observations and comments were related as if I were casually chatting with an old friend...Low-stress environment and encounter.

Interview Question – I was asked, outside of the job description and qualifications listed on my resume, how could I help my team and what did I feel I had to offer that other candidates might have.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I accepted immediately, it was paying $6-10k more than my last 4 offers with other companies and competitors functioning in the exact same role.

Field Engineer III Interview

Field Engineer III
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2010.

Interview Details – You first do a phone interview. Then if you are selected you attend the BHE (Baker Hughes Experience). It is basically a two day interview process and tour of one of their facilities.

Interview Question – Not, really a question, but they have you work late into the night generating a presentation to give the next morning with a team that you never worked with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes interview questions and advice. All 517 interview reviews posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.