Baker Hughes

531 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

AMO Supervisor Interview

AMO Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Promised advancement opportunities
Promised training for advancement roles
I was interviewed by multiple people including an HR rep
I was walked around the plant and show the different processes
They were willing to answer any questions I had.

Interview Question – What's your worst attribute.   Answer Question

Well Planner Interview

Well Planner

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – I was initially introduced software that you'd be using. Then they asked standard interview questions like greatest strengths/weaknesses. I then met some other staff members and toured the office. Then I got my parking validated and the hiring manager contacted me for a second interview the next day.

Interview Question – Several behavioral questions on 2nd interview about older projects.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Technical Position
Claremore, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – I found the hiring process to be very formal and business-like. I was informed of the company's interest and followed-up with pre-interview questions by email. A few days later I had a phone interview with the company's recruiter and again asked the basic interview questions. I ended up getting an in-person interview and to my surprise, I was asked the same canned interview questions and was told from the beginning of the interview, they were looking for the right fit for the position. The entire process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Question – What do you like least about your job. Not a tough question, but after answering it 3 times it become a bit redundant.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Drilling Engineer
Mount Pleasant, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

Interview Details – Prompt contact and scheduled interview by recruiter. Interview was very professional and thorough. We discussed my past experience related to the position I was interviewing for followed by a more detailed overview of the position than what was listed online. Overall, a great experience with a solid company. Currently waiting to be offered a position.

Interview Question – Nothing that I wasn't prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Field Engineer I
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a couple of weeks received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was exhausting but was mostly general HR questions. Lots of "describe a situation where this or that happened." It was a little impersonal but that was the only complaint I had. After about 3 days I was e-mailed and told I made it past that round and I was welcome to come out for the Baker Hughes Experience. Even though I was one of quite a few people (20-30) there, it was such a great experience. The managers that would eventually hire you were there to talk about the work with them and there were several activities over the two days. All in all I thought it as a great process.

Interview Question – Describe a technical problem where you solved it on your own.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you were behind a project.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details – shortlisted more than 3 months ago for a position, still no word from the recruiter or hiring manager. When you are shortlisted you cannot be looked at for other positions.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the first interview. All very basic questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Business Analyst Interview

Strategic Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – First interview was with the recruiter via a phone call. I was asked some basic behavioral, non technical interview questions related to my experience, education, etc. If shortlisted, i would then be called for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Did not make it to the second round.

Interview Question – A challenging situation you faced at work and how you responded   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a few hours to set-up a phone interview, which was scheduled for about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was about 40 mins for me. She first asked me to identify myself by giving my school, major, cumulative GPA, graduation date, and if I needed work sponsorship. Then the behavioral part began. There were 9 questions, each with multiple parts. She could repeat the main question, but not the parts of the main question. So have something to write with/on during the interview. The parts of each question were similar though. They were like: what was the task/situation at hand, what problems did you have, what actions did you take, what was the outcome, what did you learn, what how did you apply that to other situations. The first three questions were about technical problems: give an example a technical problem you worked on that you had to apply your technical knowledge to, give an example of a difficult technical problem you solved, give an example of a complex technical problem in which you had no supervision. The next three were team-oriented: give an example of a time you worked as a team member to solve a problem, give an example of a time you made a positive difference as a leader of a team, give an example of a time you had to address a conflict as team leader. Last question with multiple parts was give an example of a time you set a challenging goal for yourself. The last two didn't have parts, and they were give 3 reasons you want to work for Baker Hughes, and lastly, tell me anything else about yourself that you think I should know. Then she asked if I had any questions, and told me she would contact me in 5 days about my result.

Interview Question – I had trouble thinking time I worked on a complex technical problem in which I had no supervision   View Answers (3)

Geoscientist Interview

Geoscientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Tough but good. Evaluate on more skills than just technical. Involved presentations, tests, pop-interviews, impromptu speeches, and time sensitive tasks. It constantly changes but I know that in general the new hire/college graduate interview process is what I have briefly described.

Interview Question – Nothing too specific just high pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was noe as a college graduate

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!