Baker Hughes

Average Difficulty
523 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you were behind a project.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details – shortlisted more than 3 months ago for a position, still no word from the recruiter or hiring manager. When you are shortlisted you cannot be looked at for other positions.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about the first interview. All very basic questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Business Analyst Interview

Strategic Business Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – First interview was with the recruiter via a phone call. I was asked some basic behavioral, non technical interview questions related to my experience, education, etc. If shortlisted, i would then be called for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Did not make it to the second round.

Interview Question – A challenging situation you faced at work and how you responded   Answer Question

Geoscientist Interview

Geoscientist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Tough but good. Evaluate on more skills than just technical. Involved presentations, tests, pop-interviews, impromptu speeches, and time sensitive tasks. It constantly changes but I know that in general the new hire/college graduate interview process is what I have briefly described.

Interview Question – Nothing too specific just high pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was noe as a college graduate

Area Procurement Coordinator Interview

Area Procurement Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by 3 different coordinators before I finally got a phone interview with the person hiring for the position. it was pretty disorganized. They said they would schedule me for a face to face and then called me 2 hours before the time they wanted to interview me to see if it would work. but they did agree to a phone interview since I couldn't leave work at the drop of a hat.

Interview Question – no difficult questions, just very hard to interview over the phone.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a few hours to set-up a phone interview, which was scheduled for about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was about 40 mins for me. She first asked me to identify myself by giving my school, major, cumulative GPA, graduation date, and if I needed work sponsorship. Then the behavioral part began. There were 9 questions, each with multiple parts. She could repeat the main question, but not the parts of the main question. So have something to write with/on during the interview. The parts of each question were similar though. They were like: what was the task/situation at hand, what problems did you have, what actions did you take, what was the outcome, what did you learn, what how did you apply that to other situations. The first three questions were about technical problems: give an example a technical problem you worked on that you had to apply your technical knowledge to, give an example of a difficult technical problem you solved, give an example of a complex technical problem in which you had no supervision. The next three were team-oriented: give an example of a time you worked as a team member to solve a problem, give an example of a time you made a positive difference as a leader of a team, give an example of a time you had to address a conflict as team leader. Last question with multiple parts was give an example of a time you set a challenging goal for yourself. The last two didn't have parts, and they were give 3 reasons you want to work for Baker Hughes, and lastly, tell me anything else about yourself that you think I should know. Then she asked if I had any questions, and told me she would contact me in 5 days about my result.

Interview Question – I had trouble thinking time I worked on a complex technical problem in which I had no supervision   View Answers (3)

Field Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had a video interview. Majorly general attitude test kind of questions. nothing technical. just as what everybody says, "Tell me the toughest situation you faced " kinda questions. So just try to be calm and collected. attend with a fresh mind and also do practise the test interview few times. each question had 5 minutes and i had 8 questions.

Interview Question – nothing technical. be casual calm and collected. everything is related to how u handled various situations.   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

Field Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – Lengthy and thro on the paper work to even get started. Training is on the job site and is learned at the field .....Does not take time to get a phone call if your even considered to work at this job

Interview Question – What if ?s   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – had an interview a month ago, just typical behavioral questions. asked about previous experiences in a team and how we handled a difficulty. how I used my knowledge to help my team members to overcome that situation.

Interview Question – the questions were basically the same, so it was really confusing that they were kinda repeating themselves.   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Graduate Field Engineer
Italy, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Interview Details – I sent my CV on the web site.
A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
questions:
they where all about positive things.
-when you acted as a leader
-worked in a group
-your best achievement
-why baker hughes
-hire you
-successful situation
-when you used your technical skills

Interview Question – tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   View Answer

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!