Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Mechanic III Interview

Interview

It was short and sweet straight to the point it was a phone interview with a couple of questions then a one on one interview. The hire and drug screen is what took the longest.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

group interview, manager interview first, internal review, internal application, job fair. some IQ test, HR interview, background check. drug test. technical questions, individual interview, no more.......bla bla blas bla , why has to be 50 words

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Initial Phone call Is done by HR, with your typical qualifications screening questions. Most questions tailored to the qualifications on the job posting. The next interview was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. He reviewed projects going on, and really wanted to see my interest level in the projects he was involved with. You meet leadership Duroc the visit as well, so making a good first impression throughout the day is key.

Interview Questions

• What about Baker Hughes makes them an attractive employer the you?   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Phone interview and Baker Hughes Experience where here was panel or group interview, presentation etc. We were given some scenarios and asked to come up with solutions. During the BHE, all candidate will be at a round table on the last day and you will be asked one question each.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    • Behavioural: Why Baker Hughes? Why should we hire you? What do you know about the company.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

Exploratory interview - they were hiring for a bunch of positions at the time I interviewed. 5 hour interview with different departments. Interviewers were predominantly interested in how you sold yourself rather than poking you for field-specific skills. Can be good or bad based on what you want out of the job. At that time, I just needed a job and was not very keen on understanding what the company had to offer. Field-specific questions can mean that the company is a well-structured, analytical company. If there is less of it, one could interpret that the people in there themselves do not have clear idea of what they are hiring you for.

Interview Questions

• Very generic, few technical questions, friendly interviewers.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Was initially rejected by Baker Hughes through computer screening process, was hired in an interview with BJ Services, a simple 20 minute interview and was offered the job on the spot. Baker had acquired BJ Services. BJ services understood what it took to make it as a field engineer and hired based on character and motivation, Baker was more focused on computer algorithms for candidate selection.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle being hot, cold, wet, away from home for long periods of time?   Answer Question

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Fairly quick, applied online about 2 weeks later did a phone interview and after that scheduled for an interview and 2 weeks later made an offer of employment that i accepted

Field Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Was about 4 months long. No communication during the process. Had to call hr constantly to get status updates. Wasn't in the system for a while even after I had a interview with baker Hughes rep.

Interview Questions

• How much oilfield experience do you have?   1 Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX).

Interview

BHE. Nothing difficult, they give some assessments. Then interview why you want to work at Baker Hughes. Last day has a group presentation. Sounds like a lot, but it's actually really easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the O&G service industry?   1 Answer

Interview

I received an email from careers international inviting me to Oneday with baker hughes its a live chat with the HR and Manager about the company and what working there would be like. I later received another email from Baker Hughes asking me to choose what country i would like to work and then called me up for an online video interview. It is a recorded video interview on Hirevieu where you have questions posted and then you have to record your answer. there were 9 questions with a 3min timeline most of what have already been listed above......I am believing I will hear back from the company soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation where you worked on a project with deadline and a budget given, how did you handle the situation, what was the outcome and what would you do differently next time.   4 Answers