Baker Hughes

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
521 candidate interviews

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was challenging and interesting. It presented the different product lines that baker has and how they interact with each other. Then you take a visit to a plant to meet the employees at a plant and they further explain their product line and if there is time you will get to tour the facility. Then you move on to the CTI building where get to see some of the new things that they are working on and testing. then they test you on what you know mechanically and some basic fluids procedure. After that... well some things should remain surprises...

Interview Question – What is something that is not your strong suit.   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2011.

Interview Details – The Baker Hughes experience was exhausting and ridiculous, much like I imagine the position of fied engineer to be. They are looking for candidates that can work long hours on no sleep, so the interview is looong, and they don't let you sleep much. After an entire day of evaluation they will tell you that you have a presentation due at 7:00AM the next morning. This way you only get 2-3 hours of sleep and then have to defend yourself against their probing questions.

Interview Question – Defend yourself in making an ethical descision while they are yelling at you.   View Answer

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Field Engineer Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview was purely behavioral. In and out in around fifteen minutes. Wasn't sure if I would hear back from them since it seemed too short to be conclusive.

A few weeks later I received an email invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience.

It's a really bad experience. They make you drive to a hotel around IAH and spend the night. Then they make you meet around 6 AM to start presentations. These presentations were really boring since all twenty of the presentations (who I am, why Baker, etc.) were essentially the same. This continued until around noon (I stopped trying to make sense of the time), and then we did a case study. The case study was all right, but they asked a lot about electronic instrumentation, which seemed to be over most people's heads.

Then they make you wait an hour while they decide and then call the people who didn't get an offer in the room first and let them leave before calling in the people who did get an offer. As you can imagine, it is very awkward.

Just kind of seems like overkill for an internship.

Interview Question – What do you know about oil field services?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a call from a person from hr. To set up my phone interview. The interview questoins are basically what is on here. Why Baker Hughes? Favorite school subject and why. TIme you had to use your technical knowledge to solve a problem.

Then had a second interview on the phone. It was pretty intense, guy asked a bunch of basic car mechanical questions and just random house electrical questions

Interview Question – Why Baker Hughes?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was long. We were given no itinerary. First we had to draw a picture and tell about our selves. Hiring managers were behind making notes as you spoke. Then a lot of information. Had all meals with different hiring managers. We had about 35 people and was very hard to communicate with managers. At the end of the night, they wanted us to give another presentation about "what we learned" the next morning at 7 am. we only had about 2.5 hours to sleep that night.

Interview Question – No subject questions.   Answer Question

Broussard, LA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview Details – Met with Baker Hughes recruiter during college career fair. Invited to on campus info session and the next day a 1:1 interview. After several weeks I was called, information was verbally confirmed from my resume and I was asked if I was still seeking full time position. Next I was put into consideration for round 2, the Baker Hughes Experience (BHE). After almost one month I was notified via phone of my offer to attend the BHE. Needed to fly to Houston the next week. Baker Hughes flew me from California to Texas, and I met about 35 other candidates from all over US with varying engineering degrees there. After 3 days of intense interviewing and introduction to the Baker Hughes culture 4 candidates were offered positions, so very glad to be one of them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when a co-worker did something dis-honest and how you dealt with this situation.   Answer Question
  • What type work environment and types of co-workers would be involved in your ideal work situation?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2011.

Interview Details – Baker Hughes has a very organized and thorough process. The initial interview was behavioral based, while the more rigorous 2 day interview consists of various activites that basically test your endurance, how you work in groups, and how well you fit in with the company. Just be yourself and do your best.

Interview Question – Why Field engineering with Baker Hughes?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details – I got this interview from applying on the website. There were about 22 of us on the day that we all met up in Houston to have the 'Baker Hughes Experience'. It was basically two days that consisted of doing a team project, a technical power point of whatever subject you picked, a packet full of questions that you solved in teams and then presented to everyone. There was no actual single one on one interview.

Interview Question – There was no interview.   Answer Question

Field Engineer II - Wireline Interview

Field Engineer II - Wireline
Macaé (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2010.

Interview Details – It's really cool participating in the Baker Hughes Experience. You are able to know much more about the oil and gas industry as well as yourself.

Interview Question – The practical test was hard.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. They sent me a formal proposal with detailed benefits

Publications Manager Interview

Publications Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview with hiring manager was pleasant and informative. I was given a tour of the entire plant and introduced to many of the folks with whom I and my team would be working. The second interview was with at least 15 department heads and team leads. This involved working through scenarios.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would handle a project with an urgent deadline when all my resources were already committed to other projects.   Answer Question

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!