Baker Hughes

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I filled the sheets at baker Hughes page and after nearly a month the sent me an email asking everyone to join an online interview by hirevue. The interview was really awkward the sensation of being talking about your experiences to a phone doesn't feel good. In the interview they ask about your technical skills, leadership situations, how you deal with bad coworkers, what do you think baker Hughes is looking for to hire you, why do you want to work for them,etc....
    I haven't received any answer... I hope I did it fine....cause I haven't practice my English long ago...
    Let's see

Interview Questions
    • Problem you have solved using technicall skills
      Situation with a deadline and a budget
      Situation where your ideas doesn't match with others idea

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunei (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

The application is via online as usual. Then I received an email told me to do an interview via HireVue, the self recorded interview. Then the next steps were easy, and I will told you the 1st stage was the hardest. Here is the questions, feast your eyes.

Interview Questions
    • There is 9 questions. 7 of them were behavior questions, with lots of following sub-questions. So you can assume there is 45 questions. I printscreen and captured the all the questions except question no 4. So the questions is exactly as told here. Thank me later.

Question 1:
      Give a real example of a technical problem you solved using knowledge you learned at school or from experience in your most recent role? What was the problem? What actions did you take to succeed? What barrier did you overcome? What was the outcome? What did you learn from the experience?

Question 2:
      Please describe a real situation in which you had to troubleshoot and fix the failure of a piece equipment/machine? What was the equipment/machine? What steps did you go through to troubleshoot? What steps did you go through to fix the problem? What was the outcome?

Question 3:
      Please describe a situation in which you were assigned a technical task with a tight deadline. Please describe the assigned task and required time frame. Please describes the steps and procedure you took to complete this task. What was the outcome?

Question 4:
      DID NOT KNOW. CANT REMEMBER

Question 5:
      Give a real example when you leas a group through a challenging situation? What as the situation? What steps did you take to lead the group? What obstacles did you overcome? How did you handle non-cooperative group member?What was the outcome? What would you do differently if you faced the same situation again?

Question 6:
      A good idea/ suggestion can sometimes be met with opposition. Please describe a recent situation where you had to deal with resistance to the idea you presented. Outline the background. What was the resistance? How did you deal with it? Did you modify your idea/ suggestion? Was your idea/ suggestion finally accepted? If not, why? What did you learn from this experience.

Question 7:
      Tell us about a recent problem that came up at your current job or in your school work for which old solutions would not work. What was the situation? Why didn't the old solution work? What steps did you take to come up with a new solution? What help did you need to achieve a positive outcome? What was the outcome?

Question 8:
      Please provide at least 3 reasons why you want to join Baker Hughes as a Field Engineer?

Question 9:
      Tell me everything else about yourself that you think is relevant to your application as a Field Engineer in Baker Hughes. Why should we hire you?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunei (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2014.

The interview is done by HireVue. It is online interview via webcam. There are total of 9 questions. Each question, we are given 20 seconds to read it and record the answer within 3 minutes.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Applied online. Got an email in a week to do the digital interview via HireVue. 9 behavioral questions (almost the same as those mentioned in these posts). One month passed from the interview still no new update.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the time you need to use your technical knowledge   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Got through the Hirevu with the first interview and received a congratulatory meeting saying I passed the initial interview. However it says that I am not guaranteed a place in the BHE. Can someone please let me know if they received something similar. What does this mean really? What would my BHE invitation depend upon. Looking for comments from people who've experienced a similar situation.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2014.

Online submission then got a mail for digital interview in a month and then I recorded my answers there were 9 questions and each questions has 30 sec for prep and 3 minutes to record ur answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rājkot, Gujarat (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rājkot, Gujarat (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

digital interview taken by baker hughes. jst prepare well for your answer. i did not done my interview but from the experiences of others so prepare it well as u can to crack this interview. it will be a good learning from it.

Interview Questions
    • What you did when your equipment got failed.what is your experiences??   View Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2012.

Initial interview followed a job fair held at my college. Was brought for a second, group that lasted a couple of days where various tests were conducted on current skills. Tests were used to determine problem solving skills, technical knowledge, personality type, as well as various other traits. Time management was also a big emphasis.

Interview Questions
    • After a group presentation, the panel asked who were the weakest/strongest members of the group.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. Either you accept the offer, or you decline it. They can also move you whenever they see fit, so make sure is something you really want to do before signing on the dotted line.

Graduate Field Engineer - Canada Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

I applied online, in Sept 2014 I got an email in Nov 2014 for online digital interview.

9 questions - almost same questions that everyone got; I think I did well, still waiting for their response..

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2014.

I had an online video interview. Questions were related to my experience in school, personality and teamwork (If i had some at all). They asked of why I want to join them, describe the latest technical problem i solved etc. There were no unexpected questions.

Interview Questions
    • If I have ever done troubleshooting of a machine and describe the process   Answer Question