Baker Hughes

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Field Engineer Interview

I first made contact with Baker Hughes by speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair. They were not accepting resumes and I was told to apply online. I went online and submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript.

A week later, I was sent an invitation for an online interview in which I recorded answers to a series of questions. The question was shown, 30 seconds of prep time was given, and then 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions asked had to do with how you have dealt with situations in the past, examples of leadership or teamwork, and why you are interested in Baker.

About a week later, I was sent an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience. It was a great two day experience which you learn a lot of about the company while the hiring managers watch how you work on different assessments and group projects. You let them know what segment you would like to work in and where.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to use your technical background to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied online and submit my application, week later got and email for and interview through HireVue.
    It was around 30 mins for a pre-set questions mostly of behavior type question and it was my first experience for a webcam interview.
    it was 9 questions 30 seconds to read and prepare 3 minutes to answer
    i didn't get a reply so far. Good luck for everyone and wish me luck!

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I originally applied online and was asked a few weeks later to do a video interview on HireVue. The interview was 9 questions with about 4 of them being essentially the same question with different variations: give an example of when you had to solve a technical problem, difficulties you had, timeline, what would you do differently etc. I was then contacted about a week later to go to Houston, TX for the Baker Hughes Experience. At the end of the two day experience I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had a part fail and how did you deal with it?   View Answers (2)

Field Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question
    No need. They take care of you.

RDD Engineer I Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Video interview, then the Baker Hughes Experience. The baker Hughes experience was schedule so the first night was a dinner with the managers. The second day there were two main assessments. The assembly and tools assessment and the case study assessment. Verbal offers were given at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Test assessments with a math test, assembly and tools test, and a case study   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Summer Interview

I applied for an interview and was accepted after a Career Fair event. I had gone golfing with the recruiter before so it took lots of the pressure off. Questions were nothing out of the ordinary mostly a conversation. Baker does have a long interview process, after first round invited to a Baker event. I thought it was getting a little out of control. One of my peers accepted a position, he had a different interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions about your transcript, they will have it right in front of them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

i was asked to take a video interview on hire view and all the questions were pretty much the same as posted before, i was really nervous so i dont know how i did it, so im waiting to hear from them soon

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in November 2014.

video interview on HireVu, normal question as mentioned . questions about background experience in proplems solving, group work, Leadership. still waiting for next steps
    The process may take a lot of time. So focus first on Video interview and try to show your experience either in your studies or your work experience.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied through the website. After about a month I did an online interview. They basically ask you the same questions over and over. You are expected to answer a chain of questions in 3 min.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a real problem.   View Answer