Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

I first made contact with Baker Hughes by speaking to a recruiter at my university's career fair. They were not accepting resumes and I was told to apply online. I went online and submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcript. A week later, I was sent an invitation for an online interview in which I recorded answers to a series of questions. The question was shown, 30 seconds of prep time was given, and then 3 minutes to answer each question. The questions asked had to do with how you have dealt with situations in the past, examples of leadership or teamwork, and why you are interested in Baker. About a week later, I was sent an invitation to the Baker Hughes Experience. It was a great two day experience which you learn a lot of about the company while the hiring managers watch how you work on different assessments and group projects. You let them know what segment you would like to work in and where.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to use your technical background to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2014.

Interview

It was a video interview. I got an email saying i qualified to have an interview but i never got an email saying if i was selected or not. i waited for months and eventually signed into the profile i created on their website and i saw i had not been selected. it just said application declined nothing more.

Interview Questions

• normal interview questions but they were not straightforward. about two to three sentences and very long.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I applied online and submit my application, week later got and email for and interview through HireVue. It was around 30 mins for a pre-set questions mostly of behavior type question and it was my first experience for a webcam interview. it was 9 questions 30 seconds to read and prepare 3 minutes to answer i didn't get a reply so far. Good luck for everyone and wish me luck!

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Recieved an email telling me to take the Hirevue interview (webcam based) within one week. The questions were standard questions.. describe a technical situatuion, leadership situation, money deadline situation etc and how you approaced them as well as what you learned from them. I was then invited to the Baker Hughes Experience a couple days later . Havent been to the BHE yet.. but the interview is a littte awkward so just enjoy it and give your best answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance in which yiu had to use your technical skills to solve a problem   4 Answers

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

I originally applied online and was asked a few weeks later to do a video interview on HireVue. The interview was 9 questions with about 4 of them being essentially the same question with different variations: give an example of when you had to solve a technical problem, difficulties you had, timeline, what would you do differently etc. I was then contacted about a week later to go to Houston, TX for the Baker Hughes Experience. At the end of the two day experience I received an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had a part fail and how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Field Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Digital interview is the first stage of the hiring process. I get the email notification from HireVue, the hiring partner of Baker Hughes. The interview consists of 9 questions. You need to really remember your experience and what you have done in the past, especially your leadership and technical experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell one task you have ever done with your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Field Engineer I Interview

Interview

After a phone and face interview that deal with behavioral questions, the Baker Hughes Experience is for 2 days. It is very relaxed but remember that you are being analyzed at all times. Make sure you show your personality and desire to work there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is the lack of sleep. Be ready to mingle and show your personality but make sure you pace yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need. They take care of you.

RDD Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview

Video interview, then the Baker Hughes Experience. The baker Hughes experience was schedule so the first night was a dinner with the managers. The second day there were two main assessments. The assembly and tools assessment and the case study assessment. Verbal offers were given at the end.

Interview Questions

• Test assessments with a math test, assembly and tools test, and a case study   Answer Question

Interview

I applied for an interview and was accepted after a Career Fair event. I had gone golfing with the recruiter before so it took lots of the pressure off. Questions were nothing out of the ordinary mostly a conversation. Baker does have a long interview process, after first round invited to a Baker event. I thought it was getting a little out of control. One of my peers accepted a position, he had a different interview process.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about your transcript, they will have it right in front of them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baker Hughes (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

video interview on HireVu, normal question as mentioned . questions about background experience in proplems solving, group work, Leadership. still waiting for next steps The process may take a lot of time. So focus first on Video interview and try to show your experience either in your studies or your work experience.