Baker Hughes Interview Questions

2.9

RDD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I met at career fair and was emailed about 2 months later for a Baker Hughes Experience. I accepted and was given a couple days to prepare a technical presentation.

I flew down for the BHE. The first night consisted of meeting managers and other interviewees. It was a good time.

The second day was stressful and non-stop. In no particular order:
    - a case study was completed in groups of 4. We had one hour to complete a study for implementing some new equipment / do some project.
    - some simple tests like reading pH and putting a machine together. And some other math tests that weren't too hard.
    - the presentations were given to all interviewees and managers. The presentations were about 10 minutes. Some were serious, others were technical details on less serious topics (mine included).

The third day, we flew out early. No tour of facilities were given, and everything was conducted at resturaunt / hotel conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study questions that dealt with specific parts of my major   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

First interview was with two people. One was an engineering manager, the other was a woman from HR. They are definitely looking for someone who knows about their company. I recommend attending any information sessions they have if you want to be taken seriously. Questions were typical HR questions such as "tell me about time you had to make a decision quickly", "tell me about a time when you had to contribute to a group", "tell me about a time when you were given a very difficult task". The interview is very structured. There was very little chitchat and it felt a lot like being given a quiz. If you make it past the first round during the fall, you're sure to be given the opportunity to undergo the "Baker Hughes Experience". This includes going to Houston for second round evaluation of skills, professionalism, and teamwork abilities. It's quite a lot to go through for a job at a service company. Some people get hired this way, others I know simply got picked up by Baker Hughes randomly later on. One of the better service companies. You can definitely turn it into a job with a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone in a group or with whom you were working. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Pone interview about 7 behavioral questions: 5 questions on the "tell me a time when type" base and give 3 reasons of why should we hire you. The interview was last about 35 minutes. She said at the beginning of the interview that she will not repeat a question so make sure you are ready to take note befor when the phone interview start.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Applied online in May 2014, was called two days later to set up a phone screen interview. The phone screen interview was scheduled for a week later and consisted of behavioral questions. There were 9 questions total. The first seven had 5 subsections, which the interview asked immediately after the main question but would not repeat, so you had to write them down very quickly to be able to answer them. The interviewer was very nice. Got an email 30 minutes after the interview saying I passed and I would have a follow up within a month about a potential second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you used your technical skills to solve a problem without supervision.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Italy, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

I sent my CV on the web site.
    A recruiter member called me in the same week and on monday I did a 30 minutes phone interview.
    then they sent me the english global test. Now i am waiting for the next step.
    questions:
    they where all about positive things.
    -when you acted as a leader
    -worked in a group
    -your best achievement
    -why baker hughes
    -hire you
    -successful situation
    -when you used your technical skills

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you worked in a group. what do you have to do? why do you do?   View Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Went thought the BH experience. The first day they had dinner and a few activities. The second day was over 12 hours of group activities and other tests. Just be social.

I took the offer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

First phone interview was about degree, gpa, and resident status.

Second phone interview consisted of 9 questions with a time limit of 3min for each question. 7 questions had 4 sub sections. What was the issue? What action did you take? Were there any barriers? What was your learning outcome?

The last two questions was why do you want to work for Baker Hughes and "Is there anything else I should know to why you are a good candidate"?

*I have a physics degree which is along the same lines as a engineering degree..... You will get a phone interview with a science related degree, but don't expect an invitation to BHE* If you have gotten offer through this route please leave a comment

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Baker Hughes?   View Answer

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

After Applying online I had to wait nearly a month before the company actually got back to me. When they did I was scheduled for a second round interview. The interview was about 45mins long and consisted of behavioral questions. Why do you want to work at baker hughes? Give me an example of a time when....etc. After the interview I was notified that my application would be mover forward to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you applied your technical knowledge to solve a complex problem   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Phone interview, after which I had a face to face interview. Unfortunately, "Application Engineer" is a catch all bucket for a lot of different roles, so you had better just hope that your skill set matches up to an immediate need/demand, since you can't really tailor/predict what they want.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straightforward interview on experience and what I want to accomplish in the role.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation phase. Merely a request for a target salary.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2014.

I applied online and took a couple of days to hear back from them. I received an email inviting me for a virtual interview. The virtual interview consisted of 9 sets of 2-5 behavioral questions focused on technical work or school experience. Now I am waiting for the BHE.

Interview Questions
    • If you want to minimize the chance of messing up or freezing in front of the webcam, you can do what I did. Prepare a list of questions from other reviews in glassdoor for this position. Then just answer them based on your experiences (doing it in front of a mirror helps with your confidence). You may not get asked many of the questions you got ready for, but at least you get to explore your brain for good stories and tailor them to answer any question you did not expect coming.   View Answer