Baker Hughes

Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Well Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I was initially introduced software that you'd be using. Then they asked standard interview questions like greatest strengths/weaknesses. I then met some other staff members and toured the office. Then I got my parking validated and the hiring manager contacted me for a second interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Several behavioral questions on 2nd interview about older projects.   Answer Question

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I found the hiring process to be very formal and business-like. I was informed of the company's interest and followed-up with pre-interview questions by email. A few days later I had a phone interview with the company's recruiter and again asked the basic interview questions. I ended up getting an in-person interview and to my surprise, I was asked the same canned interview questions and was told from the beginning of the interview, they were looking for the right fit for the position. The entire process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like least about your job. Not a tough question, but after answering it 3 times it become a bit redundant.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2014.

Got interview by applying through website. Also talked to recuriter at school's career fair. Got sent an email two weeks later to take an online interview which just recorded my answers with a webcam.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty difficult. All were multi-part and you only had 30 seconds to prepare. Most questions took 30 seconds to read. Then it started recording and you had three minutes to answer. More than enough time. Not nearly enough time to prepare, Most akward interview I've had.   View Answer

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied online and after a couple of weeks received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was exhausting but was mostly general HR questions. Lots of "describe a situation where this or that happened." It was a little impersonal but that was the only complaint I had. After about 3 days I was e-mailed and told I made it past that round and I was welcome to come out for the Baker Hughes Experience. Even though I was one of quite a few people (20-30) there, it was such a great experience. The managers that would eventually hire you were there to talk about the work with them and there were several activities over the two days. All in all I thought it as a great process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem where you solved it on your own.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

shortlisted more than 3 months ago for a position, still no word from the recruiter or hiring manager. When you are shortlisted you cannot be looked at for other positions.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the first interview. All very basic questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Baker Hughes.

First interview was with the recruiter via a phone call. I was asked some basic behavioral, non technical interview questions related to my experience, education, etc. If shortlisted, i would then be called for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions
    • A challenging situation you faced at work and how you responded   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

Prompt contact and scheduled interview by recruiter. Interview was very professional and thorough. We discussed my past experience related to the position I was interviewing for followed by a more detailed overview of the position than what was listed online. Overall, a great experience with a solid company. Currently waiting to be offered a position.

Geoscientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Tough but good. Evaluate on more skills than just technical. Involved presentations, tests, pop-interviews, impromptu speeches, and time sensitive tasks. It constantly changes but I know that in general the new hire/college graduate interview process is what I have briefly described.

Interview Questions
    There was noe as a college graduate

Grad Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

I had a phone interview with them that lasted for about 30 minutes and there were multiple parts for most questions. They kinda seemed repetitive though or maybe I didn't answer the previous question like they wanted so they twisted it and asked again. For the most part, I felt good about my answers but didn't get a call back. I don't remember the exact questions but I know they were technical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Has anyone got any experiences to share about the second interview for this position? Have you interviewed with them lately and have something to share?   Answer Question

Field Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Baker Hughes.

Lengthy and thro on the paper work to even get started. Training is on the job site and is learned at the field .....Does not take time to get a phone call if your even considered to work at this job